Leavng country on Parole

subbu55

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for mothers GC in August. Her Parole is approved last week and she will be leaving this week for India. Her I94 expired in Sep.
Will appreciate if you can answer few questions for me -
1. What she needs to show to prove that she is still in the country legally.
2. Is there any problems that can occur about this?
3. Will her GC processing be continued here even if she leaves the country.

Thanks,
Subbu

What she needs to show to prove that she is still in the country legally.

Technically the I-485 receipt, but she doesn't need to show anything, since she doesn't need to prove she is in the US legally when departing.

Will her GC processing be continued here even if she leaves the country.

Yes, provided she does the biometrics.

Thanks RC.

Her fingure printing was done in mid september as pers scheduled date.
That is what you are refering to when you said biomatrics right?

How often are parents called for interview? If she is being called for once after she leaves how do we handle that?

Thanks
Subbu

Her fingure printing was done in mid september as pers scheduled date. That is what you are refering to when you said biomatrics right?

Yes.

How often are parents called for interview? If she is being called for once after she leaves how do we handle that?

My understanding is that interviews can be waived relatively often for parents, since there's less likelihood of fraud, unlike marriage. If she's called for an interview, you can postpone it or she needs to come back to the US. How long is she going to India for?

She will be in India for 2/3 months.
So in case interview is scheduled can we potpone it for so long?

One more question, In case there are some queries (I hope NOT!) that come while she is out, can we provide answer to it or she should be the one responding to queries.

Thanks again TC!

Subbu

She will be in India for 2/3 months.
So in case interview is scheduled can we potpone it for so long?

One more question, In case there are some queries (I hope NOT!) that come while she is out, can we provide answer to it or she should be the one responding to queries.

Thanks again TC!

Subbu

Subbu,

As far as i know, parents are not normally called for interviews. You may get a few RFEs (if at all) but normally this is the case. Also, depends on type of query whether she is needed to answer questions or you can do it on her behalf since you are the petitioner. Most of the times, you should be able to write on her behalf being the petitioner yourself.

Thanks Iland for your inputs.

So based on the responses I have got I am thinking Is hould not worry about she leaving the country now.

Hopefully her GC will be approved without any complications and she can enter back on GC once she has taken care of stuff back in India.

Thanks,
Subbu