LC thru CIBER

I got an offer from ciber. I need some suggestions. Is it OK to join ciber and start GC processing with them? How do they handle End-of-Project? Please advise. Do they take care of GC processing fee or do we need to pay for that? Will ciber procecc LC under PERM?

Thanks

kamma said:
I am ciber ex-employee, please send me e-mail at skamma@yahoo.com, I will reply to that.
Hi kamma,
Have a request here...if you can share any info here...maybe it'll help the group...you know how the journey to gc is...
rgds,
LFGC
EB3-CO-Reg-Mar-02-BPC-D-Dec-04
45-day letter not recd

ciberite said:
I got an offer from ciber. I need some suggestions. Is it OK to join ciber and start GC processing with them? How do they handle End-of-Project? Please advise. Do they take care of GC processing fee or do we need to pay for that? Will ciber procecc LC under PERM?

Thanks
Hi ciberite,
Well, to start with CIBER is a fairly big consulting firm...has quite a few offices around.
Regarding gc...yes, they'll process gc...the cost is yours.
End-of-Project is pretty bad...in general...there is no policy of bench...depending on your background/the time you have put in for the co...can be layed off. Offcourse, as there are many branches...we can try for project thru other branches.
I believe, its better to get gc thru a desi firm as lay off is a big issue.
hope this helps.
rgds,
LFGC

Hi,
I agree with the Above Post 100%. GC They were not allowing to process under RIR. The Cost is Yours(100%). Bench policy is also not there. They will terminate you same day your project is ending. Some times by special request, if you have paid Vocation, they will keep you till you finish the vocation. Some branches are really worst like Dallas Branch, They will not put any efforts to market you, even if you find the contract/project on your own they will not be flexible to work with, to go thru some other vendors. They will always prefer to hire new people rather than to find project/place the existing employees. I had very bad experience with them. But if they offer you to process under PERM, may be you can take advantage of that.

kamma said:
Hi,
I agree with the Above Post 100%. GC They were not allowing to process under RIR. The Cost is Yours(100%). Bench policy is also not there. They will terminate you same day your project is ending. Some times by special request, if you have paid Vocation, they will keep you till you finish the vocation. Some branches are really worst like Dallas Branch, They will not put any efforts to market you, even if you find the contract/project on your own they will not be flexible to work with, to go thru some other vendors. They will always prefer to hire new people rather than to find project/place the existing employees. I had very bad experience with them. But if they offer you to process under PERM, may be you can take advantage of that.
kamma,
so how did you manage your gc...I'm really struggling...:)
rgds,
lfgc
45-day letter not recd

ak_new_member said:
It went quiet again in this forum. Has anybody applied for PERM thru CIBER?
I did chk with my attorney abt PERM last month & we thought that its risky right now based on my situation(will be on 7th yr extension fm May05).
So, she said we'll wait till mid-May when the results of the 1st batch may be out.
Personally, I may not go for PERM if I see any risk involved.
rgds,
45-day letter not recd

Did anyone at CIBER with pending labor at the BEC receive 45-day letter? Does anyone has a clue, what's going on at BEC? Please post your reply.

ak_new_member said:
Did anyone at CIBER with pending labor at the BEC receive 45-day letter? Does anyone has a clue, what's going on at BEC? Please post your reply.
There is no news yet of any SWA case receiving the 45-day letter.
LFGC
CO-EB3-Reg-Mar-02-BPC-D-Dec-04-No 45 day ltr

lfgc said:
There is no news yet of any SWA case receiving the 45-day letter.
LFGC

Nope nothing here... Have not seen anybody from CO who has received the 45 day letter...

CO-EB3-Reg-Feb-02

gcpk said:
Nope nothing here... Have not seen anybody from CO who has received the 45 day letter...

CO-EB3-Reg-Feb-02
Hi gcpk,
I thought Denver-SWA had processed the Feb02 cases...did you miss the boat...just wondering....
rgds,
LFGC

lfgc said:
Hi gcpk,
I thought Denver-SWA had processed the Feb02 cases...did you miss the boat...just wondering....
rgds,
LFGC

Unfortunately not. My case went in the triage queue in early September, but due to the PERM mess it never made it out of that queue. From what I read on forums Denver made it till Jan 02 (for non-RIR), all cases after jan-02 went to Dallas.

Never received a case number from my laywer Brikho Kallabat. Not sure if they try to prevent clients from running, or if they really don't have that info.

gcpk said:
Unfortunately not. My case went in the triage queue in early September, but due to the PERM mess it never made it out of that queue. From what I read on forums Denver made it till Jan 02 (for non-RIR), all cases after jan-02 went to Dallas.

Never received a case number from my laywer Brikho Kallabat. Not sure if they try to prevent clients from running, or if they really don't have that info.
Sorry to hear abt your case...hopefully things will get better...:)

Well, I have also filed thru Brikho Kallabat. Both, Joe & Cheryl are good...but the lawyer assigned to my case isn't responding promptly to my queries.
I don't think they have recd any case # or info as of now...as no SWA case has recd the 45 day ltr.
keep posting any info you get.
BTW...how do you think we can handle this layoff issue...my current proj is till June-05...hoping that I'll get another proj immediately.
rgds,
LFGC

Does anyone have any hope coming out of this black hole (BEC)? Looks like all CIBER cases which were stuck in state are doomed!!

ak_new_member said:
Does anyone have any hope coming out of this black hole (BEC)? Looks like all CIBER cases which were stuck in state are doomed!!
Well, its not only CIBER cases...just that the whole system has changed...so, we got to go with the crowd or the way govt./CIS decides.
BTW...any reason for you saying "all CIBER cases are doomed"...
From what I see on the forums...looks like we should be getting our 45 day letters by the year end.
Personally, I feel my case can get thru by the year end...atleast thru labor.
After that, I haven't thought....been waiting for over 3yrs...that much that the brain gets numb!!
Keep the hopes alive...
rgds,
LFGC

lfgc said:
Well, its not only CIBER cases...just that the whole system has changed...so, we got to go with the crowd or the way govt./CIS decides.
BTW...any reason for you saying "all CIBER cases are doomed"...
From what I see on the forums...looks like we should be getting our 45 day letters by the year end.
Personally, I feel my case can get thru by the year end...atleast thru labor.
After that, I haven't thought....been waiting for over 3yrs...that much that the brain gets numb!!
Keep the hopes alive...
rgds,
LFGC

There is no reason in my saying that "all CIBER cases are doomed"... It is just that I am familiar with the CIBER cases and frustrated like you. Isn't it a joke that the BEC itself are taking more than a year to even open the cases? They might as well declare that there won't be any more GCs, rather than making a mockery of the whole process. Then atleast people like us will have onle less thing to worry about and plan our life well.

45 day latter/PERM

Hi:
I was not aware that there is thread for CIBER GC process itself. I am CIBER employee since last 3 years and going through the big pain of labour process. Now they have assured me to file PERM but due to project change have stopped that process. I am really suck with BEC like you all and here are my details
EB2-CO-Reg (Limited Review, Does it matter now?)-June-02-BPC-D-Dec-04
45-day letter not recd

I wanted to know when do you expect the 45-day latter to be received by us and also will our labor will have to go through recruitment process for it to get approved. What will be better option for me PERM or this as PD is also getting retrogated now.

Thanks for your help

Virendra

vb1 said:
Hi:
I was not aware that there is thread for CIBER GC process itself. I am CIBER employee since last 3 years and going through the big pain of labour process. Now they have assured me to file PERM but due to project change have stopped that process. I am really suck with BEC like you all and here are my details
EB2-CO-Reg (Limited Review, Does it matter now?)-June-02-BPC-D-Dec-04
45-day letter not recd

I wanted to know when do you expect the 45-day latter to be received by us and also will our labor will have to go through recruitment process for it to get approved. What will be better option for me PERM or this as PD is also getting retrogated now.

Thanks for your help

Virendra
Hi Virendra,
Welcome to the CIBER club...nothing exiting...just frustrated members here...:)
Based on this forum(offcourse)..."45-day letter" can be expected by the year end...again in each case depending on PD or when the box is opened & offcourse, luck.
We'll have to go thru the recruitment process as we all probably are reg cases.
As you're in EB2 & if you have a good case, then PERM can be an option...but, its a difficult line to tread.
Your attorney is the key. Who are you filing thru...
good luck!
LFGC

Bec

Hi:
I am filing thru James Eiss office. I feel the attorney is good, but the way CIBER has processed the cases has made our life difficult. We never had RIR option and now CO boxes seems to least priority for BEC and they will open them in the year end. Looking at the flow, I feel earliest we can get approval is after 1 year from now. PERM filing has not been done for anyone yet, although that is the only option for new candidates.

My application was filed under EB2 in regular since I had MS + 4 years. No news on PERM yet and I think by the time they will file under PERM, EB2 will have retrogated too.

For you and me, I think it will be good as soon as labor is approved because you will be getting others approvals soon because of retrog...I hope we get our approvals within next 6 months via some miracle at BEC.