Lawyer says u can use 2 I-140s together for filing one I-485

rocky_rock

Registered Users (C)
I have an approved I-140 with PD 2005 and a pending I-140 with PD 2004. My lawyer says I can file one I-485 with both of them, and when the pending I-140 gets approved, I can inform USCIS to use the one with earlier PD.....Has anyone done or heard this? Please let me know its safe........

I am in the same situation and my lawer filing my I-485 with the approved I-140 and once the other I-140 (with earlier priority date) gets approved, then I need to inform USCIS that I want to use the other I-140 as well, since it has the earlier priority date. This term called "Interfiling".

Also, as per NSC updated on June 11 (i think) they have mentioned that what information they need for this kind of Interfiling cases. You can find the exact format (as recommended by NSC) on "Immigration.com" under NSC updates.

I have an approved I-140 with PD 2005 and a pending I-140 with PD 2004. My lawyer says I can file one I-485 with both of them, and when the pending I-140 gets approved, I can inform USCIS to use the one with earlier PD.....Has anyone done or heard this? Please let me know its safe........

-lawyer is correct