• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Late dv lottery 2012 winner notification

congratulations my bro...m so happy for..i jus send my forms on 31st july 2012 n was recieved on 2nd august...m still waitin for there email regarding date of my interview...if i may ask u..how long did it take for u to get emailed abt ur interview schedule?..im still so worried if will be emailed or not..anywyz big congrats..!!

My dear, mine was less than a month..
I received my 1st notification letter (1st NL)) 13th july, 2012; sent my DSP-122 and DS-230 forms and passport photos 19th july, 2012 and was received at KCC 24th july, 2012.

I got my 2nd notification letter today, 9th of August, 2012 (5:01pm GMT +1) indicating that my interview date is/was 4th Sept, 2012.
I guess this is as a result of the fact that all regions was CURRENT in their visa bulletin at the time.
The visa bulletin is updated 15th of every month, so i guess theres is still a chance u make late sept.

God be with us all... Amen!

LOLZ..

here: jack_syno@yahoo.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just notified by email that i was among the 2012 dv selectees. I didnt know there was a second drawing i just found out searching the web... I had checked my status in may but was not selected in the first drawing and now 2 months before expiration date i receive the mail saying i am selected apparently in the 2nd drawing.
My question to the forum is did they notify in time the selectees of the 2nd drawing that they repeated the lottery? I didnt know and did not receive a mail back then. I am very upset about it. I was not oblidged to know they repeated the lottery and why do they notify me now and not back then. Isnt it to late to get a gc issued in just 2 months? Has anyone had a similar experience?

My friend, I have also notified by KCC on 12 July 2012 and I never check my Status since the lottery result has been published. Byt I have completed my Interview on 23rd Aug 2012 and waiting for completion of Administrative Processing. So you also have chance. My friends in this forum adviced me to not lose the hope and I have chance. And they were true.

I also belong to such a country, Afghanistan. So, I am worried that my case would take alot of time. But, thank God, I've got a low case number, which gives me hope!!

Is the lower case no. will bring any benifit in Administrative Processing? because My case No. is 2012AS00001***

I got my visa , thank you God and I pray everyone of you get their visas soon before the ficasl year runs out. God bless ya all.

Thank you all of my friends in this thread and forum. I have picked up my visa on 3rd September (Thanks to Allah) exactly after 7 days of my interview. Sorry friends I was sick and I couldn't update my status in this forum. I have got lots of information and hope in this forum from all of my friends which helped me to got the visa finally.

hello
could you please share your interview experience with us

thank you

Why not my friend? Here is my interview experience:
We (me and my wife) reached at Embassy at 8:15 am (9:00 am was our interview time). Around 8:30 am we called up a window. We attended and one lady asked me to submit our all documents. She checked and arranged in order. Then told us to wait in waiting place. After 10 min they called us in another window where they take our fingerprints. And again tell us to wait. Finally around 9:15am the Consular Officer called us in another windows. First question was " from where u filled ur electronic application?
I said From Dhaka
they asked where in Dhaka?
I said from my office, it is in Farmgate(one placce in Dhaka)
Then Is there anybody with you when u filled the form?
I said no.
Then He asked which picture u submitted for entry?
I described
Then he asked did you print that picture specialy for DV?
I said yes
Then he asked What you Do?
I said I am doing Job
He asked Where?
I told my office name
he asked in which position?
I answered
He asked when you come back from India? (I have completed my graduation from India)
I answered
He asked During Electronic entry where you were live?
I said in Dhaka
He again asked In Dhaka or in Comilla (my birth place and permanent address)
I again answered Dhaka
Then he asked me for our marriage pictures
I showed him
He saw three/ four pictures looked to my face and then give me back
Then he said you will get visa, your interview is successful
but we need some time for official work. isn't it?
He gave me the greenish sheet and told me after completion our official work immediately we will contact you
before leaving i repeatedly asked that Sir, is our interview was successful?
he said yes
thats my story. Thank you.

Thank you

We (me and my wife) reached at Embassy at 8:15 am (9:00 am was our interview time). Around 8:30 am we called up a window. We attended and one lady asked me to submit our all documents. She checked and arranged in order. Then told us to wait in waiting place. After 10 min they called us in another window where they take our fingerprints. And again tell us to wait. Finally around 9:15am the Consular Officer called us in another windows. First question was " from where u filled ur electronic application?
I said From Dhaka
I said no.
I described
I said yes
I said I am doing Job
He asked Where?
I told my office name
I answered
He asked when you come back from India? (I have completed my graduation from India)
I answered
I said in Dhaka
I again answered Dhaka
I showed him
He gave me the greenish sheet and told me after completion our official work immediately we will contact you
he said yes

Thank you for this, and congrats.
May God be with us.

Hi

I said From Dhaka
I said no.
I described
I said yes
I said I am doing Job
He asked Where?
I told my office name
I answered
I answered
I said in Dhaka
I again answered Dhaka
I showed him
he said yes

Would like to know what happened to the guy who started this thread.....giouli. I want to know for sure they were notified through emails of winning the Dv.

I said From Dhaka
I said no.
I described
I said yes
I said I am doing Job
He asked Where?
I told my office name
I answered
I answered
I said in Dhaka
I again answered Dhaka
I showed him
he said yes

Thank you for sharing with us your interview experience.
I have a question, did they retain your passport after the interview?

yes they retained my passport with all other original documents including academic certificates. and I got called from Embassy exactly after seven days of my interview.

yes they retained my passport with all other original documents including academic certificates. and I got called from Embassy exactly after seven days of my interview.

Would like to know what happened to the guy who started this thread.....giouli. I want to know for sure they were notified through emails of winning the Dv.

I am sorry that I don,t know the result of Giouli. I shall be happy to know about him ....