Last Update Date change in the uscis web login

gameon

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Does anyone know what does Last Update Date change in the uscis web login signify? The uscis website says its some internal processing but if anyone knows anything more about it, please share.
I filed citizen app in mid feb and did fingerprint in mid march .... when I registered at uscis, my case shows that it has been last updated on April 21st ... looking through this forum, people started to receive their interview letters with same timeline as mine.
Thanks
gameon

Hello,
Does anyone know what does Last Update Date change in the uscis web login signify? The uscis website says its some internal processing but if anyone knows anything more about it, please share.
I filed citizen app in mid feb and did fingerprint in mid march .... when I registered at uscis, my case shows that it has been last updated on April 21st ... looking through this forum, people started to receive their interview letters with same timeline as mine.
Thanks
gameon

My priority date was Dec 16, 2008. I became a citizen on Mar 18, 2009. My case information on the website still says Last Update Dec 25, 2008. The website status information did not provide any information to me about my case. Seeing it confirmed for me only that my case had been received and it was in some USCIS system somewhere.

If i understand it correct, uscis.gov does not update progress on your N-400 application?
Question, do you see the status change when DHS send FP notice or Interview letter?

LUD is the last time case information was updated online. It is not accurate, as many times USCIS does not update the the case status online.

Thanks for the replies. I guess the online case status is not reliable at all. In feb & mar I got Validation error, didnt think much about it but all of a sudden on Apr 20th, it started appearing onlline as Case received & pending... Some of the forum members noted that they have the opposite happened to them (when they filed, they can check the online status but once they received interview letter, they started getting Validation error) ... so prettymuch useless ...