Landing process will revoke your I485 (AOS).Is it true?

GC4Roger

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
One of my friend entered into Canada for completing his landing process from USA. Canadian Visa officer said "If you become PR of canada
we will ask USCIS to revoke your I485 application.You should be PR for one country only. If you want to keep your I485 alive dont land here." He is in AOS and AP. So he returned back to US without completing yhis landing process. Is there any rule like this or officer's judgement? People those who
landed in AOS stage and with AP to enter into USA sucessfully please give your advise. Gurus please shed some light....

Any further information??

Hi GC4Roger:

I am in the same situation as you and currently I am facing the same dilemma. Have you completed your landing formalities yet? Since your last posting in this thread, have you received any further information on what the Canadian landing process would do the pending I-485 petition? Could anyone else please help us out?

Regards
MA_GC

I had landed with AOS pending but also had my H-1B and have got my cancian PR card.

You can have the Candian PR whil you are waiting.

-Pearl

AOS / Canada PR

I am also in a similar situation but i do have H1 along with AP...

With various threads i have read.. it is legal to have both PR or In process but ultimately you need to choose one.

I don't think Canadian officials can stop US GC process unless our written consent.

I am planning to enter Canada end of next month.

Post your experiences once your landing process completes..

Reply from US Immigration Lawyer

Dear all:

I posed the question about effect of Canadian PR on pending US-I485 petition to my US immigration lawyer. The following is the reply that I received from him:

"It could affect your permanent resident application here in the US because when you apply for PR here in the US you are wanting to reside here permanently."

Could any of you guys please confirm the answer to the above question by asking your respective US or Canadian Immigration lawyers.

Regards
MA_GC

Any update on the topic?

MA_GC said:
I posed the question about effect of Canadian PR on pending US-I485 petition to my US immigration lawyer. The following is the reply that I received from him:

"It could affect your permanent resident application here in the US because when you apply for PR here in the US you are wanting to reside here permanently."

Could any of you guys please confirm the answer to the above question by asking your respective US or Canadian Immigration lawyers.
MA_GC

GC4Roger said:
Hi Gurus,
One of my friend entered into Canada for completing his landing process from USA.
Canadian Visa officer said "If you become PR of canada
we will ask USCIS to revoke your I485 application.
-----------let the Canada officer say what he want to say, let him write what he wants to write to USCIS. Canada officer or canada inngration has nothing to do with pending I-485 in US, he canot revoke the I-485, I-485 belongs to YOU not to canada officer, your US employer also cant revoke your I-485(can revokei-140)
You should be PR for one country only.
----- you should have told that Idiot that you dont have GC or PR of US at present, you have just applied for US PR and tell him that you will also apply for PR of Australia then Bangladesh, then Bihar, then Chattisgarh let him do what he wants to do
If you want to keep your I485 alive dont land here." He is in AOS and AP. So he returned back to US without completing yhis landing process. Is there any rule like this or officer's judgement?
----------no rule like this, officer cant stop his landing, let him write what he wants to write to USCIS. did he ask for the supervisor? did he ask show him where it is written in canada immigration law or CIC site that if X has pending PR for other country cant land in Canada if he is approved for Canada
People those who
landed in AOS stage and with AP to enter into USA sucessfully please give your advise. Gurus please shed some light....