Laid off on O-1 VISA: Grace period?

Hasenkinder

Hi,
my husband, a O1 holder, got laid off today. I have an O-3. I just moved to the US in April this year. We bought cars, moved with all our furnitures from Europe, have a lease contract until may 2010. Do you know how long we are allowed to stay? His last day of work is the 6th of January. Can my husband stay here for a few months and try to find another sponsor? Is there a grace-period? Or do we have to leave the US the 6th of January? Can we then come back on a tourist visa to organize the move back, sell cars, find new tenant? Or is there a special visa which we can apply for to organize everything?
Thanks in advance
Hasen

There is no grace period in theory. You can apply for COS to B-2 in order to wind up your affairs.

Do you know how long we are allowed to stay? His last day of work is the 6th of January. Can my husband stay here for a few months and try to find another sponsor? Is there a grace-period? Or do we have to leave the US the 6th of January? Can we then come back on a tourist visa to organize the move back, sell cars, find new tenant?