Registered Users (C)
hello guys / girls,

I filled 485 15 months back from vermount center
I got laid off.I joined new employer
new salary is 40 % less than the salary mention in
labour cert.

Actually new employer is giving me rest amount
as per dim.
He said this fine, my lawyer also said OK for the same.

I want second opinion from u (EXPERIENCED) guys.

Can I have salary 40% less than mentioned on labor cert.

pls respond.

thanks,
freenation.

Do not worry much on salary difference.There have been approved cases with significant salary differences.

Ensure that the job description,duties,responsibilities are close to LC description.

there was a posting a few weeks ago here

that said, in the RFE, they asked for all the normal stuff (employment letter, paystubs, etc.), and if you were not employed, to prove that you were not a public nuisance (some documentation).

That is just an example of some flexibility shown (hopefully keeping in mind the economy), but there are several cases approved with significant salary differences.

in summary, AGA thinks you should be fine.

good luck

Re: there was a posting a few weeks ago here

Originally posted by AnotherGCApplic
that said, in the RFE, they asked for all the normal stuff (employment letter, paystubs, etc.), and if you were not employed, to prove that you were not a public nuisance (some documentation).

That is just an example of some flexibility shown (hopefully keeping in mind the economy), but there are several cases approved with significant salary differences.

in summary, AGA thinks you should be fine.

good luck

Not "public nuisance" but a public discharge.Basically prove that you are not burden on the society.

Public nuisance is an offence.You can be arrested for creating a public nuisance.

Public charge it is. Thanks for the Correction.

One way is to provide your bank balance statement.That you have enough resources to live instead of being burden on the society.

how to prove that somebody was not pulic charge or whatever?

Make sure that your salary is above poverty levels.
BTW, if you (robi) reply to this post, you will become a senior member in this forum. :p

Public Nuisance : Peeing on public property, flashing, mooning etc - can get arrested
Public Discharge : Say "excuse me" if people notice
Public Charge : On social security