Labor Processing Times in California Due to 245i Part6

Take a look at this

Read this. I take it as a great opportunity to vent:

NAB "Info. about 245(i). Please... any advise is greatly appreciated" 3/18/02 6:22pm

Can we start a compaign and write letters to all CA senators?

Jester,

I almost agree with what you said to the person who started the other thread. But I also feel that illegal people (like himself) has their problems too.

I am in the same boat as you are (filed CA SESA in October). Since we all pay taxes, why can\'t we start a compaign by preparing and signing letters / e-mails (and send reminders every day or every week) to CA senators requesting to add more staff to SESA and DOL for RIR processing.

If we can unite, we might be able to push them a lot!
logicators

RD from DOL

Can anyone please tell me how long does it take for
DOL at SF to send out a case # after it was forwarded
from SESA ? My case was send to DOL late Jan, no case
number yet from DOL. Anyone in the same boat?

R there any chances of rejecting an RIR - Labour cert.

Hi,

My Employer is processing my GC through RIR. The priority date is Oct-4-2001. Are there any chances of Labor Cert. getting rejected even if processed by RIR?

I\'m new to GC processing and I even don\'t know how to check the status.

Please advise.

Good News

Hi, Friends,

I think DOL is moving faster now. My case got approved yesterday.
Case #: 95108XX
Tx from SEAS to DOL:Oct.31.
Rx on DOL: Dec. 16.
Approved: March. 20. 2002.

I think the tx date is more important and the RD is kind of out of order.

Be optimistic, DOS is moving, and moving fast.

Regards,

-xy

No Title

So essentailly what you are saying is that the DOL is processing cases by the Transfer Date and not the RD??.
Thats really good news, Can anyone else also confirm this, I just want to make sure that this is not an isolated case.
Could you also let us know your PD?.
Congrats once again.
-Thanks

congratulations!

Can you call (415)975-4617 and use your case# to get another recived date at DOL and post here again? The received date seems in early November. Dec. 16 is \'useless\' in my guess.

No Title

Guys-
Im getting confused now....I was alwayz under the impression that the RD was the date DOL was goin by, but looking at the case which just got approved, its giving a totally different picture.
Can anyone please confirm this. I hope they are goin by the Transfer date.
-Thanks.

Date

My PD is May, 7th.

I got two letters: one from SEAS saying it was txed to DOL on 10/31 and later got another letter from DOL saying rxed on 12/16.

Thanks,

-Xiaoyi

RIR rejections

I applied for labor in RIR on 11/28/2001. I heard from one of my friend that DOL is rejecting RIR cases for IT jobs and asking the applicants to apply for regular processing.
Is it true? Does anybody know anything about it? I applied in LosAngeles and my company does not have any layoffs so far and is doing really good. Any comments/ suggestions/ advise/ information apprecited. Thanks

The Labor Certification Criteria

Hi Guys,

I hope this helps.

Layoffs and Survivability of Alien Labor Certification

The DOL HQ released the guidelines on this issue on March 20, 2002. The guidelines say to the Certifying Officers that "Yogi Berra \'It Ain\'t Over Till It Is Over.\'" The country\'s poor economy and high unemployment rate change the job of the Certifying Officers as follows:

b Employer\'s Layoffs During the 6-Month After Submitting RIR:
The Certifying Officers are directed to send a letter called Notice of Finding demanding to submit and explain the situation within 35 days, if the employer indeed laid off the employees in the specific occupation that the employer has submitted RIR application. If it is explained satisfactorily, the Certifying Officers will approve the application. Otherwise, the Certifying Officers will deny the application. Accordingly, the practice of some Certifying Officers who denied RIR strictly based the company\'s layoff record after 9/11without giving an opportunity to the employer should stop such practice.

b General Layoff by Other Employers in the Industry in the Area:
Even though the employer did not layoff similar occupation employees, the Certifying Officers are required to take additional action, should they gain the information that there was a general layoff by the employers in the specific industry and in the specific area for the occupation. Employer will be given an option to place one more ad and submit the recruitment result after two weeks. Based on the result, the Certifying Officer should make a decision. Employer may decline to take such option and request the Certifying Officer to convert it to a regular application.

b Emplolyer\'s Layoff plus On-Going General Layoff in the Industry in b the Area:
The Certifying Officers are then mandated to collect information and data on their own initiatives using basically three sources: (1) Region\'s own experience and record of regular labor certification applications received; (2) State offices (SWA) record including unemployment compensation claims, job banks, etc.; (3) News and reports of various current articles on unemployment. After reviewing all these sources of data, should the Certifying Officers be convinced that there were qualified workers available in the industry and in the area, the Certifying Officers should deny the RIR application and remand to the state offices for further processing as a regular application.
Thus bug does not stop at the submission of RIR application any more. The days are gone that when RIR applications were successfully forwarded to the Certifying Officers, such applications were more or less rubber stamped by the Certifying Officers. The agencies will from here on be proactive in investigating the job market conditions and determine availability of U.S. workers for the job. Generally, the jobs which were hit hardest will face rough road ahead in labor certification application