Hi All:

Just wanted to update about my status

RD : 09/02
ND : 09/02
NO RFE
Got the Approval Email On : 09/01/04
Got the Approval Notice On : 09/06/04.
Got the Stamping @LA On : 09/27/04
Status Update 1 : On October 6, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
Card Ordered: ???
Card Mailed: ???

At this moment, I really don't whether INS has completed the card processing or not. As per the email I got, I am assuming that the processing is completed and they have ordered a card. I have to wait and see for the next LUD update.

Last edited by a moderator:
TensedGuy

TensedGuy, Dont be Tensed. Looks like you are in luck your card has been ordered on Oct 6 after you stamped on 09/27 (Wow that was fast!).
USCIS might have skipped the Process Complete in your case, rather they sent your case directly to card ordered the next step would be card mailed in couple of days. Good for you. Cheers.

Card received.

Card received, finally.

Stamped in LA: 8/16/04
Card mailed: 9/30/04
Card Rec'd: 10/05/04

They sent the card to the mailing address used in I-485, not the address I gave them upon stamping.

It appears that they really have a problem in updating addresses. Worked out for me, but a lot of people who moved could suffer from this. Someone should complain to the USCIS in this regard.

MY Experience

Got lucky with infopass appointment. We received courtesy copy on Thursday
10/07 and got the appointment for Friday 10/08 at 11PM. Reached the 300 N LA Ave around 10.00 AM, traffic was very nice. They told us to come to room 6532 around 10.45. Only good thing with infopass is we don't have to stand in the line to get the ticket, otherwise everything else is same. I think if you don't have infopass appointment they will still entertain. Friday only 3 windows were taking 485 approved cases and for one case they were taking somewhere between 5 to 7 min. After 1 hrs our ticket number was called then whole process took 10 min.

PP Stamped 10/08

Could anybody tell me how much time it takes to get card

According to USCIS website:
"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"
So does the count down on 60 days start from stampping date or approval date??

Update

AD 9/1/04
Email 9/2/04
Approval Notice received 9/10/04 (from Lawyer)
Stamped 9/13/04 (in Los Angeles)
Courtesy copy received 9/15/05 (from USCIS)
Card Ordered 10/15/04

Alcombia

Congrats. The next step would be card mailed.

Good that LA has reduced the card processing to definitely less than 60 days.

No change in message

L.A Stamping 9/15

No change in message, no process complete, no card ordered, NOTHING

(Although nothing changed in the message for 2.5 years, and then approval)

Waiting since 1/1998

Hello All:

Got the Stamping @LA On : 09/27/04
Status Update 1 : On October 6, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
Status Update 2: On October 13th we mailed you a new card to him/her address.
Card Received: Oct' 15th

Sunnyla, yes you are right. Even though I made sure that my card should be mailed to my attorney, they again mailed to my I-485 address as usual. Thank God, my friend still stays at that place. otherwise I would have lost my card. I am still waiting for my wife's card. Nothing has been changed on her process, not even LUD's. Still says the old message saying that the case has been approved. We had stamping at LA together.

May God show some magic here. Good luck to you all LA processing is becoming fast day by day.

half your tension gone

Congrats tensed guy:

I have changed my address at the time of stamping at sfo on 9/9. still no progress.

question for you. How does this card get delivred? Certified mail or ordinary post? Is there a from address on the top of the cover etc.? what is the size of this envelope?

Thanks
congrats again - good luck with ur spouse's card

Thanks,

You card will be delivered thru normal USPS ordinary.
It will be exactly like INS sends all other info like, fingerprint notice, approval notice.......

Keep an eye on your old address. Chances are that they may post it to your old address. Good Luck

please help me with a question

Hi, TenseGuy,

I have a question for you, have you changed your adress formally through the 1-800 customer service? if yes, they should have your new home address in file should have sent the card to that changed new afdddress? please confirm this,. thanks

question on which address, INS sent card

frineds, i have question, if you moved and changed address with INS , your 485 approval notice is sent to the new address, does that mean your card will be sent to the address where you received you 485 approval notice?? please confirm this , thanks in advance, my husband and I are worried about where they will send our card

LUD Changed Twice

Our PP got stamped from LA district office on Oct 08. LUD Changed twice sinnce than.

lesly24 said:
Hi, TenseGuy,

I have a question for you, have you changed your adress formally through the 1-800 customer service? if yes, they should have your new home address in file should have sent the card to that changed new afdddress? please confirm this,. thanks

Hi Lesly24:

The chances are 50 - 50. I did not changed my adress thru 1-800 number. Instead I made sure while the officer was filling my form during stamping. I think you will be fine, if you have changed your address thru 1-800, then you may receive your card at the new address. If not, please check up at your old address.

Good Luck.......... Make sure your address on INS file is the new address. Call INS and confirm repeatedly. Please let us know where you received your card. It may be helpful to others.

Online message changed to card ordered

Online message changed to card ordered for both me and my wife. Below are the details:

wac030295xxxx
AD 08/20/04
PP stamped on 09/14/04
message changed to card ordered on 10/18/04