L2 stamping for Canadians

mang0tang0

Hi,

i know that to get an L2 visa, being a canadian citizen i just have to show the necessary documents at the point of entry and they will stamp my passport.
An interview is not needed.

What if i want to get the visa stamped while still in toronto, lets say a month before i actually move to the US

What would be the procedure for that and what documents would i require

thank you

i know that to get an L2 visa, being a canadian citizen i just have to show the necessary documents at the point of entry and they will stamp my passport.

You get an admission stamp. It is NOT a visa.

What if i want to get the visa stamped while still in toronto, lets say a month before i actually move to the US

You do not require a visa. Why do you want one?

Turn up at the border with your husband's L-1 approval and marriage certificate. You will be given an I-94 with L-2 status. As a Canadian you do not need an L-2 visa. You just need L-2 status.
Canadian citizens only need a visa stamp for K and E statuses.

I can only stay 180 days without a proper visa

Canadians do not require a visa, except in E and K status.

You are confusing a visa stamp with undocumented B status, or an admission stamp in the passport. I can assure you that I lived in the United States for six years in TN and H status - and I have never received a visa stamp.

THE PASSPORT STAMP YOU GET AT THE BORDER IS NOT REPEAT NOT A VISA, AND AS A CANADIAN CITIZEN YOU DO NOT REQUIRE A VISA STAMP FOR L-2 STATUS.

Whew!