L1A Visa And I-94 Expired and extension rejected

scbasu

Hi I came to us on My L1A Blanket Visa Which expired In Feb 2019 and I-94 expired on Mar 2019. My employer filed extension in Jan 2019.RFE was received and then finally after RFE response I received denial, though I have not received the letter and neither the employer. My Son was born in us and I need to apply for his Indian Visa. But CKgs is asking for a valid legal document for the parent. What are my options now?

If your employer thinks they have basis to overcome denial, have them file MTR & provide receipt. Since your I-94 is expired I don't think you can work presently. You should leave country when MTR gets approved have L1 visa stamp & re-enter.

I have to wait at least 1 week to get the entry visa for India for my son. Will Indian government raise a concern while providing visa for my son since I will be considered out of status now? Also is there a timeline by when I need to leave the country?

If your employer thinks they have basis to overcome denial, have them file MTR & provide receipt. Since your I-94 is expired I don't think you can work presently. You should leave country when MTR gets approved have L1 visa stamp & re-enter.

OP's posts pertain to Indian visa for his USC son. He appears to want to leave the US; MTR would be frivolous after an RFE and subsequent denial.

OP could contact the India embassy about alternatives to parent's US legal presence documents if leaving the US for good.

I know it is about Indian visa. Root issue is this person's current status. Once MTR is filed technically case goes in pending status & CKGS is insisting to see current valid status document from him.