L1 visa information/guidance needed

sanket_82

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I need some information/guidance for my brother-in-law's L1 visa. He is currently wotking in UK (work permit) in an Indian multinational company. His company is ready to provide him with all the required paperwork for L1 filling (to work for that same company here in NJ) but the issue here is he has to do all the legal procedure on his own. He was the only one left behind in India due to his age and my wife and in-laws cam here on GC. He is married and has a 1 year old baby. He is working with that company from past more than 3 years. He is Indian citizen. My question is:

1) Has anyone gone through this scenario or know anybody who has gone through this scenario?
2) Does anyone know any experienced lawyer in NY/NJ, who we can hire to do all the legal formalities?
3) List of all the documents reqired and possible timeline. We would like to get this processed and get him here as soon as possible.
4) Also my mother-in-law has filed for his GCbased on her US citizenship but due to age and marraige, we think it is going to take a while for that file to open.

Any suggestion/ guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks

See 8 CFR 214.2 (l) [Lower case L]

USCIS has responsibility for determining whether the alien is eligible for admission and whether the petitioner is a qualifying organization. These regulations set forth the standards applicable to these classifications.

The employer must file the I-129 petition on the employee's behalf.

An L non-immigrant visa has dual intent status so having an immigrant petition also is OK.

Many L1-A's will qualify for an E1-3 immigrant visa if their employer is willing.

The employer, employee, US job and pre-existing employer-employee relationship all have to qualify.

Good luck,