• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Kcc just replied my email, please read

Hi! I have not received my NL1 yet. I just got the email with my number. I mailed them the 2 forms and 2 photos on Aug. 3rd and they received them on Aug. 6th. I also emailed them yesterday (24 Aug) to ask them to confirm received of the documents...But nothing in the mail yet.

Do I actually need the NL1? I will be doing the interview at the consulate office here - I am guessing from my number sometime in January.

Thank God for finally having your case #. We're likely to have interview in the same month. Yes, you'll take the NL1 to your day of interview as it is stated in mine. But I don't think it will be compulsory, because not everybody will have the first NL1 as a result of postal loss. My advice to you is, in some few days after they reply your e-mail, just send them a mail asking them if without the NL1 at the day of interview will have any adverse effect on you. Peace! Benniit.

KCC usually takes 1 week to reply your email from my experience. I had also sent email on Aug 11 and waiting for their reply. Do not worry , it will take sometime for them to reply.

Hi! I have not received my NL1 yet. I just got the email with my number. I mailed them the 2 forms and 2 photos on Aug. 3rd and they received them on Aug. 6th. I also emailed them yesterday (24 Aug) to ask them to confirm received of the documents...But nothing in the mail yet.

Do I actually need the NL1? I will be doing the interview at the consulate office here - I am guessing from my number sometime in January.

Benniit,
Did you sent KCC an email or postal mail requesting the Notification Letter?

No, I sent the forms before they mailed me.

Below is the message I sent them: Because we're in a public domain, I have replaced some portions that are personal with the letter 'x'.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am one of the selected applicants of the 2011 Diversity Visa Lottery with the following details;
Confirmation Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Full Name: XXXXXXXXX
Date of Birth: XXXXXXXX
During the entry, I used my sister's apartment address (xxxx, xxxxx, xxx xxx, xxxx, xxxxxxxx), and recently she relocated to a new apartment which, probably, could be the loss of my first notification letter. I am pleading with your organization to re-send the letter to the new apartment address of my sister below to enable her mail it to me through express delivery as soon as possible:

xxxxxxx
C/o xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
Phone: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much, and I hope to hear from you soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am still confused about when you sent the email to KCC. Did you send email request for 1NL after July 1st after being knowing selected for DV but not receiving the 1NL?

Feel, it was just an e-mail I sent KCC and they did it marvelously! Peace! Benniit

I am still confused about when you sent the email to KCC. Did you send email request for 1NL after July 1st after being knowing selected for DV but not receiving the 1NL?

Yes, I did send an e-mail NL1 request to KCC after having known that I won through the online status check. Remember, when you check your status online and you're a selectee, you receive the message below. Look at the underlined portion below which means we were sent our NL1 before 1st August, we should have received the letters long ago. So that really compelled me to send an e-mail NL request to KCC, and they did justice to it. Feel, if you have still not received it, you can humbly send them an email requesting for it. They can send it through mail or e-mail. The NL1 is just on a normal A4 sheet. Peace! Benniit.

"Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.

If you have not yet received your selectee letter, please do not contact KCC until after August 1, 2010. International mail delivery delays of one month or more are normal. KCC will not respond to questions they receive before August 1, 2010 regarding non-receipt of selectee letters. If you still have not received your selectee letter by August 1, 2010, however, you may contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov."

I emailed them couple of times but they just keep saying they are not authorized to do so. I have an email from KCC with my case number though.
I do not know what should I do next....

Yes, I did send an e-mail NL1 request to KCC after having known that I won through the online status check. Remember, when you check your status online and you're a selectee, you receive the message below. Look at the underlined portion below which means we were sent our NL1 before 1st August, we should have received the letters long ago. So that really compelled me to send an e-mail NL request to KCC, and they did justice to it. Feel, if you have still not received it, you can humbly send them an email requesting for it. They can send it through mail or e-mail. The NL1 is just on a normal A4 sheet. Peace! Benniit.

"Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.

If you have not yet received your selectee letter, please do not contact KCC until after August 1, 2010. International mail delivery delays of one month or more are normal. KCC will not respond to questions they receive before August 1, 2010 regarding non-receipt of selectee letters. If you still have not received your selectee letter by August 1, 2010, however, you may contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov."

Benniit,
How did KCC responded to your email when you asked them for 1NL? Did they send you reply message saying they have mailed the NL or did they just mailed you the 1NL without an email reply?
Thanks.

Benniit,
How did KCC responded to your email when you asked them for 1NL? Did they send you reply message saying they have mailed the NL or did they just mailed you the 1NL without an email reply?
Thanks.

Feel, when I sent KCC the request, they did not reply me. My sister called me a few days later and told me that they've sent my NL1 to the new address and she was surprised how they knew the new address. I told her I gave them the new address. Peace! Benniit

You sent them the forms DSP-122 and DS-230 before you asked them for NL1 , is that right? So they might have known the address from #3 on DSP-122.
Also can you tell me how long did it take for you to get NL1 after you emailed them.
Thanks.

Feel, when I sent KCC the request, they did not reply me. My sister called me a few days later and told me that they've sent my NL1 to the new address and she was surprised how they knew the new address. I told her I gave them the new address. Peace! Benniit

So I emailed KCC to ask them whether they've received my initial documents and 2 photos. Got a reply in record time of 2 days (initially got a reply that I need to email them with my birthdate and full name) saying the following:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are waiting to be processed. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner."

I guess they've received everything. But I still have not seen the NL1 (just an email with my case number). Not sure if I will ever get the NL1. I hope I don't need it for the interview appointment. I am doing a CP and from what it looks like my number is up in January 2011.

So I emailed KCC to ask them whether they've received my initial documents and 2 photos. Got a reply in record time of 2 days (initially got a reply that I need to email them with my birthdate and full name) saying the following:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are waiting to be processed. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner."

I guess they've received everything. But I still have not seen the NL1 (just an email with my case number). Not sure if I will ever get the NL1. I hope I don't need it for the interview appointment. I am doing a CP and from what it looks like my number is up in January 2011.

Hi Zurich,
Yes, I also had the same reply when I e-mailed them asking of the confirmation of my forms.

Email KCC that it is clearly stated in other selected applicants 1st NL that they should take their NL letter with them to the day of interview, and that you are pleading with them if they can send yours to you through e-mail, at least. Peace! Benniit.

How can you get your case number? I have emailed KCC and got the reply ................

Thank you for your inquiry ,

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case . However, for security purposes, KCC can not reveal any information regarding your case if you can not provide all the required information of your full name , complete case number , and date of birth in the following format ( MMDDYYYY ).

I do not understand . Why they do not give me my CN? What can I do? Any suggestions please!!

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you get your case number? I have emailed KCC and got the reply ................

Thank you for your inquiry ,

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case . However, for security purposes, KCC can not reveal any information regarding your case if you can not provide all the required information of your full name , complete case number , and date of birth in the following format ( MMDDYYYY ).

I do not understand . Why they do not give me my CN? What can I do? Any suggestions please!!

Welcome! I was once sent the same message before, but I had my case # then. Mine was due to wrong date format. Please, re-send the message by quoting your
1. Confirmation #
2. Date of birth in mm-
dd-yyyy format
3. Country.
Use the email id/account that u used during the entry of the lottery to send the message. Humbly, request for your case #. Those who did not get their case #s initially, did same and were sent thru e-mail. Please, do send them the email again with the details above; and hopefully, u will have ur number which is not theirs. Peace! Benniit

I ‘ve emailed KCC 3 times and got the same reply. I will try another email address, hope to get it soon.
Thank u so much.

Hi everyone,
I have been reading your posts and I must tell that I found them very useful. This is the first time I have been posting. Our case number did not come either.

In August 19 (I believe), I sent DSP-122, copy of my passport and pictures to KCC.

Then I e-mailed KCC at least 3 times in a week. They were saying the same thing each time.

"Thank you for your inquiry,
The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY)."

But the problem was that I did not have the case number and I was trying to learn it and they were asking me to provide my case number in order to learn my case number. It was driving me crazy. I kept sending e-mails each week.

Besides, I was calling them at least 3 times in a week. In August, I talked to different people (and they did not give me my case number either). But last 2 weeks, the same guy was answering the phone all the time and he was not very helpful.

And finally today, I have got 2 e-mails from KCC. One was saying the same thing. And the other one had my selectee letter. Finally, I have learned my case number.
The subject was "2011EU00001XXX Selectee Packet". (I put XXX for security reason). I cannot believe that my number is that small.

I hope all you guys can learn your case numbers and good luck for the rest of the process.

Thanks for posting here!!

Hi, mista

Thanks for posting here and congrats to you to got it at last. It really have been driving me crazy too. I've sent the forms DS-230, DSP-122 and 2 pics to KCC since August 14. So far have emailed them 5 times, got reply the same as yours. I think may be they haven't seen my forms yet. I hope I will get it soon.

Hi everyone,
I have been reading your posts and I must tell that I found them very useful. This is the first time I have been posting. Our case number did not come either.

In August 19 (I believe), I sent DSP-122, copy of my passport and pictures to KCC.

Then I e-mailed KCC at least 3 times in a week. They were saying the same thing each time.

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY)."

But the problem was that I did not have the case number and I was trying to learn it and they were asking me to provide my case number in order to learn my case number. It was driving me crazy. I kept sending e-mails each week.

Besides, I was calling them at least 3 times in a week. In August, I talked to different people (and they did not give me my case number either). But last 2 weeks, the same guy was answering the phone all the time and he was not very helpful.

And finally today, I have got 2 e-mails from KCC. One was saying the same thing. And the other one had my selectee letter. Finally, I have learned my case number.
The subject was "2011EU00001XXX Selectee Packet". (I put XXX for security reason). I cannot believe that my number is that small.

I hope all you guys can learn your case numbers and good luck for the rest of the process.

Hi everyone,

Sounds great! Congrats on getting your case number and the selectee letter! I did not realize they are also sending them via email. Good luck on the interview!

Hi Mista, that is a good news for all selectees who were not sent their 1st NLs. Many winners were asking this question in these forums and it was Benniit who has been trying to answer it from his own experience. your e mail from kcc is a great relief and a sign that everyone will get their case numbers. Keep on asking kcc.

I don't think they have a fixed procedure.
The situations are changing depending on who is reviewing/answering our questions/problems.

But I know it is a very painful waiting period (I didn't like it at all). I pray for all of you guys hoping that your questions may be reviewed by someone who is a good and helpful person. But don't lose your hope and never quit.
As I mentioned, I have got 2 e-mails and the second one had the same meaningless reply saying that in order to reply they needed my case number.
If I had known the case number why would I call/e-mail you? I don’t even remember how many times I called them.
Anyway, I live in the US with F1 visa (valid until 2015) and I will go to AoS (Adjustment of Status) since it will be too expensive for me to choose Counselor Process.
Good luck for your interviews/getting case numbers.

Last edited by a moderator: