• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Kcc just replied my email, please read

Benniit

Registered Users (C)
Thank you for your inquiry,

You must visit the Department of State website at dvselectee.state.gov
where you will find instructions and forms for completing the required
processing steps. Once your forms have been received, and your selection
has been confirmed, your case will continue processing.

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the
processing of your case. It is not necessary to submit additional forms
to amend this mistake.

The failure to include the bar code sheet with your forms will not
affect the processing of your case. It is not necessary to submit the
bar code sheet to KCC if you have already sent your forms.

Please, after filling the forms should write my confirmation number on all the forms since KCC has not given me my case #, as they said that will not affect my case? Please, advise me.

Benniit

to amend this mistake.

Please, after filling the forms should write my confirmation number on all the forms since KCC has not given me my case #, as they said that will not affect my case? Please, advise me.

Benniit

Apparently they are saying that you can send send the forms and the photographs to them even if you dont have your case number,
They are saying that you dont have to send anything else other than the forms (DSP 122, DS 230 part I and part II and the 2 photographs)
No need for the bar code or anything else,
If you really want to make sure, you can print the email they sent to you and send it along with the forms... but in the same time they are saying "It is not necessary to submit additional forms to amend this mistake."

MY ADVICE: fill the DSP-122, DS-230 Part I and part II, get 2 photographs, and send those to the KCC (Im just repeating exactly what they're saying in the email)
---> Please make sure you fill your name and date of birth exactly the same when you filled your application online since you dont have a CN so it will be the only way for them to verify that you are the real winner

Good luck with that and keep us posted :)

to amend this mistake.

Benniit

It's certain they have changed so many things. Last year they send me mine with my confirmation number and every required forms.
You guys should just act as instructed by them.

Gudluck to y'all!!!!

Yes, I also just received exact email from KCC. They did not give me any case#. They just asked me to fill out the form and send back to them without case# or barcode. I will just do that. Please keep on updating your status and I will do the same. Thanks

Thanks, Donsino & UsbHero.

Yes, I also just received exact email from KCC. They did not give me any case#. They just asked me to fill out the form and send back to them without case# or barcode. I will just do that. Please keep on updating your status and I will do the same. Thanks

I'll just do that today Wednesday. Which thread are u popular found, usbhero?
I'll send mine thru Fedex today.

I am also sending now the forms with 2 photos. I have not received the NL 1 yet but the website says that I have been selected.

My questions are: do I need to send out now with any fee? I read here on the forum that people also send out fees...

How would I know what my number is and whether KCC has received my forms?

It just seems very strange that they would not give me the case number when I called them and just told me to send in the forms...

I'll just do that today Wednesday. Which thread are u popular found, usbhero?
I'll send mine thru Fedex today.

Bennjit, Sorry I did not get your question?

Which thread are u popular found, usbhero?

I am also sending now the forms with 2 photos. I have not received the NL 1 yet but the website says that I have been selected.

My questions are: do I need to send out now with any fee? I read here on the forum that people also send out fees...

How would I know what my number is and whether KCC has received my forms?

It just seems very strange that they would not give me the case number when I called them and just told me to send in the forms...

You don't have to send any fees right now.
I am also in the same boat. How would I know my case #?
KCC will send you the receipt after they go thru the forms and documents you sent.

Bennjit, Sorry I did not get your question?
Sorry,

You don't have to send any fees right now.
I am also in the same boat. How would I know my case #?
KCC will send you the receipt after they go thru the forms and documents you sent.

I meant which forum are you popularly found? Ghanaian forum or Nigerian one?

By the way, I have sent my forms this morning to KCC as u can see from my signature; I've been assured by Fedex that it'll get to KCC in three days time.

After sending the forms, I've realized that I made a mistake the date form has been signed. Instead of Today's date e.g.
mm-dd-yyyy, 08-03-2010, I made mm-dd-2010, 03-03-2010. I am humbly asking the forum that when do I contact KCC and draw their attention about this since the forms will probably get to them in three days time?

Thanks, guys. Ben

I meant which forum are you popularly found? Ghanaian forum or Nigerian one?

By the way, I have sent my forms this morning to KCC as u can see from my signature; I've been assured by Fedex that it'll get to KCC in three days time.

After sending the forms, I've realized that I made a mistake the date form has been signed. Instead of Today's date e.g.
mm-dd-yyyy, 08-03-2010, I made mm-dd-2010, 03-03-2010. I am humbly asking the forum that when do I contact KCC and draw their attention about this since the forms will probably get to them in three days time?

Thanks, guys. Ben

I will be found neither in Ghania nor Nigerian forum. We can log our update in this thread. Lets ask and answer our questions in this thread - it is much more easier. For date mistake you made, probably you can email KCC in about 3-4 days informing about the mistake you made. Hope it helps.

by the way, did you send any high school certificates or any other documents with the two forms and photos?

I will be found neither in Ghania nor Nigerian forum. We can log our update in this thread. Lets ask and answer our questions in this thread - it is much more easier. For date mistake you made, probably you can email KCC in about 3-4 days informing about the mistake you made. Hope it helps.

by the way, did you send any high school certificates or any other documents with the two forms and photos?

No, Bro. I only sent the forms Ds-230 parts 1 & 2, DSP-122 and my photographs as required by KCC. Peace!

Sorry, I am not sure what you need to do to correct your mistaken date but do you think it may be possible that you contact FedEx and tell them that you would like to re-call the letter you sent to KCC? - Maybe you can do so.

On another note - did you send a cover letter with your documents explaining why you never received the notification letter plus bar code?

Thanks!

Sorry, I am not sure what you need to do to correct your mistaken date but do you think it may be possible that you contact FedEx and tell them that you would like to re-call the letter you sent to KCC? - Maybe you can do so.

On another note - did you send a cover letter with your documents explaining why you never received the notification letter plus bar code?

Thanks!

Hi Zurich,

No, I did not add any covering letter the forms. According to KCC, non-receipt of NL applicants should fill the required forms with 2 photographs and mail them without barcodes and case numbers which will not affect your our case. Peace!

Good luck guys. But when you have to file AoS with USCIS you will need to have First Notification Letter from USCIS.
I wonder what can be done then. Maybe they will send the 1NL after your forms have been received. How would USCIS know we are the Winner?

Unfortunately this year they do not give case numbers to people who have not received the 1 NL. THe problem with it that you can't track and check the status of your documents and interview date... Oh, well, we were all waiting August 1... Now, let's wait for the 2nd letter. Good luck to all! Does anyone know if they send any confirmation letter before 2nd letter with an interview date to those people who do not have their case numbers ?

Unfortunately this year they do not give case numbers to people who have not received the 1 NL. THe problem with it that you can't track and check the status of your documents and interview date... Oh, well, we were all waiting August 1... Now, let's wait for the 2nd letter. Good luck to all! Does anyone know if they send any confirmation letter before 2nd letter with an interview date to those people who do not have their case numbers ?

Ane4ka how do you know "Unfortunately this year they do not give case numbers to people who have not received the 1 NL"? Where did u get the message from?

1) Are you also one of the non-receipt of 1stNL applicants?
2) If yes, have you posted the Ds forms to KCC, if not please do immediately.

Peace!

Benniit

Benniit,
Are you doing AoS in Unites States? If so, how would you prove to USCIS that you are the DV 2011 Winner? I think KCC will send the 1NL after the receipt and processing of your forms. But the 2NL will have all your case number and details so you should be fine...just a thought!
Please keep updating on this thread. Thanks.

Benniit,
Are you doing AoS in Unites States? If so, how would you prove to USCIS that you are the DV 2011 Winner? I think KCC will send the 1NL after the receipt and processing of your forms. But the 2NL will have all your case number and details so you should be fine...just a thought!
Please keep updating on this thread. Thanks.

Hi Feel,

Sorry, Iam not doing Adjustment of Status (AoS), I am in Kumasi, Ghana. Thanks, Bro. R you also facing the same problem?

Ane4ka how do you know "Unfortunately this year they do not give case numbers to people who have not received the 1 NL"? Where did u get the message from?

1) Are you also one of the non-receipt of 1stNL applicants?
2) If yes, have you posted the Ds forms to KCC, if not please do immediately.

Peace!

Benniit

Because I've called them and talked to many of their representatives. All of them had the same response that case number can not be given and WILL NOT be given. They also told that the forms should be sent w/out case number, etc....Same response that you got by email. I don't know why but I haven't received a response from them yet (I sent them an email with the request of NL copy too)
Yes, I've never received NL letter, but online status check is positive.
I understand that it is not a problem to send forms w/out this number but my concern is that when you call them 1st thing that they ask is the case number, if you don't have it , it's your problem, they will not help you w/out this number. W/out it you can't track your interview date, all you can do is to wait for 2nd letter and to hope that it will not be lost too, as the 1st one. Because if it lost, you are just have no chances to figure our the date of your interview ((((((

Because I've called them and talked to many of their representatives. All of them had the same response that case number can not be given and WILL NOT be given. They also told that the forms should be sent w/out case number, etc....Same response that you got by email. I don't know why but I haven't received a response from them yet (I sent them an email with the request of NL copy too)
Yes, I've never received NL letter, but online status check is positive.
I understand that it is not a problem to send forms w/out this number but my concern is that when you call them 1st thing that they ask is the case number, if you don't have it , it's your problem, they will not help you w/out this number. W/out it you can't track your interview date, all you can do is to wait for 2nd letter and to hope that it will not be lost too, as the 1st one. Because if it lost, you are just have no chances to figure our the date of your interview ((((((

Hello guys,

No need to panic, just send your documents (DSP122, DS230 I & II + phot0graphs) to KCC. 2 weeks after they receive your documents call or send them an email to confirm receipt of documents and ask them for your CN.
They need to make sure you are really a winner before they can give you your CN by email or phone like that, I guess they will be able to verify this when your file will be processed (only after they receive your documents) so hurry up :)

Hi from Turkey
I have also not received my first letter and called KCC three times but they were insistent to say they would not email or post my case number again
when asked how I was to know my interview date without case number they simply tried to deflect the subject