Kaplan I20

Inquirer78

HI,
My OPT is expiring on Feb 14th(yeah!i know its a valentine gift frm INS :) )
i would like to know if i join Kaplan for Gmat training program and get sevis i20 from them .will i be in status as im going to apply for H1 this year.is there any one in same situation ?please reply urgent ....bye

Inquirer78 said:
HI,
i would like to know if i join Kaplan for Gmat training program and get sevis i20 from them .will i be in status as im going to apply for H1 this year.is there any one in same situation ?please reply urgent ....bye

if they give you an I-20 within 60 days of the end of your OPT, yes, you will be in status.

Inquirer78 said:
HI,

Kaplan issues I 20 on the spot once you pay the full tuition fees for GRE.

great guru said:
Kaplan issues I 20 on the spot once you pay the full tuition fees for GRE.

The issue is not i20,issue is the status...will i be able to file for h1 on kaplan i20 or will i get a quiery because im a masters graduate and joining kaplan for gmat may raise some questions

it will not raise questions. Perhaps, you need GMAT because you are going to go for a PhD in business (part-time) while you are on H1B. Really, if you are in F-1 status and you are maintaining it, nobody cares what exactly you are doing.

are you sure it wont raise any questions,because i emailed an immigration lawyer and he wrote to me that "The issue is credibility. Is it believable that you, who already have a Master's degree, has a genuine need to do Kaplan course for preparedness to take a GMAT? It might look to the Servicee like you are desperately grasping for straws to stay afloat and keep legal in status until you can legally get an H-1B filed."

and more ever he also wrote that
"It is up to the Immigration Service. Going back to being an attending
student after OPT is not automatic but the subject of reinstatement,so
to speak. To my mind, there is an issue of crebility for a graduate
degree holder to say he realy wants to attend GMAT training at an
institute like Kaplan. You may want to get an I-20 for a Phd program
or a related Master's program."

it's not an issue of reinstatement. Your lawyer is telling you something strange. I did OPT after a bachelor's degree, then applied for Master's and got a new I-20. No reinstatement involved whatsoever. You just go from one I-20 to another.

Just keep being in F-1 status. I know of some people in the same situation as you are and they applied for language schools after a bachelor's just to cover the time period for H1B.

Inquirer78 said:
are you sure it wont raise any questions,because i emailed an immigration lawyer and he wrote to me that "The issue is credibility. Is it believable that you, who already have a Master's degree, has a genuine need to do Kaplan course for preparedness to take a GMAT? It might look to the Servicee like you are desperately grasping for straws to stay afloat and keep legal in status until you can legally get an H-1B filed."

and more ever he also wrote that
"It is up to the Immigration Service. Going back to being an attending
student after OPT is not automatic but the subject of reinstatement,so
to speak. To my mind, there is an issue of crebility for a graduate
degree holder to say he realy wants to attend GMAT training at an
institute like Kaplan. You may want to get an I-20 for a Phd program
or a related Master's program."

If Kaplan GRE is an issue ($600-750), join aother MS in cheap university (less than $5K per year pay only first quarter)most of the CSU offer MS in all the three quarters to make up the time until you get H1.