K1 visa application questions

immbie

Registered Users (C)
I have couple questions for my sister - she's engaging to my best friend who is USC. They have met so on and so forth. The questions are for K1 visa which they are about to apply for.

1. When it comes to the interview at the consulate office in her country, can my best friend go with her? He wants to be there with her to help answering questions if possible.

2. I heard that the poverty guideline has to be 100% met on my best friend's part. I cannot seem to find that information where to know how much it really is for that 100%. I can only find the I-186P for permanent residence. And evidence to show that he does really meet that income requirement?

He can go to the Embassy but more than likely he won't be allowed at the interview.
There is no need for a I-864 Affidavit of support as K-1 is a non immigrant visa.

Is it 125% or 100%? Some sources said 100%.

Also, do they use form i-134 or i-865? and whether or not, co-sponsor can be used?

Its 125% of the poverty line which I believe for a family of 2 is $18,212 (this $ amount will be higher if either of you have dependents).

You will give the I-134 to your fiance who will present it to the consulate for her interview. A co-sponsor can be used in most cases (though from my reading, if the beneficiary is from the Philippines then a co-sponsor is highly discouraged).