K1 question

chicagonatur

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions that may seem rather obvious but I appreciate your thoughts. I am planning on filing the I-129F.

1) One of the requirements is to have a letter from the fiance stating intent to get married. Do folks normally have their fiances mail this to them and then include it in the I-129F application package?

2) For the G-325A there are two copies - one for me and for my fiance. Is the expectation that I fill out one for myself (with my info and signature) and have my fiance fill out one for her (with her info and signature)? Should I have her fill out her copy and have it mailed to me?

Thanks!

1) Yes!

1) Yes! Though make sure you both fill out and sign all FOUR sheets of this form.

It is vitally important that the forms/letters are mailed to you and not faxed/emailed as the signatures have to be original. This might be a silly point to make, but sometimes even original signatures get mistaken for copies and can be returned by USCIS, therefore it is always a good thing to sign in blue rather than black.

It would be even better if the US fiance/fiancee is present at the K-1 interview.

1) One of the requirements is to have a letter from the fiance stating intent to get married. Do folks normally have their fiances mail this to them and then include it in the I-129F application package?

Who told you that? Certain consulates may impose their own regulations but there is no global regulation stopping that. My fiancee' (now wife) was standing right next to me in Montreal when I went for my K-1 interview.

AFAIK, the petitioner isn't allowed to enter the interviewing area, how is that gonna help?

Who told you that? Certain consulates may impose their own regulations but there is no global regulation stopping that. My fiancee' (now wife) was standing right next to me in Montreal when I went for my K-1 interview.

wow... great to know that... thanks~~

I have made 2 mistakes in my I-129F application:

1. I photocopied all the forms and sent the copies instead of the originals, with original signatures. I did sent color printouts of our pictures as evidence.

2. On the Biographical Data form (G-325A), instead of filling out page 1 to page 4 with petitioner data and the second set of page 1 to page 4 with the fiance data, we only filled out page 1 with petitioner and page 2 with fiance data, not sending page 3 and 4.

Are these major mistakes? Should we correct our mistakes and re-send now so that we can save time or should we just wait for their reply?

You will probably get an RFE for the docs with the original signature, and one for the missing G325As. These are not major mistakes at all. To make it easier for yourself, make sure you have the required documents ready so if your get an RFE (no guarantee that you as USCIS may just accept what you have given them) you can send them back to USCIS asap.