K1 Processing times

sofilala

Hello,

Does anybody know about the processing times to obtain a K1 visa in Vermont? I am from Argentina (I am in Argentina now) and my boyfriend is from Maine (he is a US citizen).

Last time I've been in USA, I had a J1 visa, and I asked for a change of status to a H2B (tourist visa) which has been denied. I did left USA within the time they gave me at that time (which was 30 days after getting the denial letter). Is that gonna make any change/delay on the obtaining of the K1 visa?

Is there any other thing we should know before starting the process?

Thank you very much for your help!

Sofi

Approval at vermont and actually receiving your k1 visa are 2 separate things.

First the initial petition needs to be approved at Vermont, which you would expect in round about 6 months from filing (could be longer/shorter though as each case is different).

Once approved, the petition is then sent to your local US embassy/consulate. Once you have your interview- and if successful, the K1 visa is approved. Expect around 3 months from petition approval for this. So i total, from start to finish, youre looking at 'around' 9 months.

K-1 or K-3 will take around 12 months now. VisaJourney.com has more detail discussion on Timelines that you'll find and alot of people, including my self, are approaching 12 month on K-1/K-3s.

My timelines for K-1:
Vermont Service Center; Indian fiance.
I-129: December'08
NAO1: December'08
RFE: April'09
NAO2-email: July'09
NA02-HardCopy: July'09

It will take between 6-8 months for the total process from start to finish. Also make sure the two year rule (not subject to 212) does not apply. This will be indicated on your J1 visa.

Hello,

Does anybody know about the processing times to obtain a K1 visa in Vermont? I am from Argentina (I am in Argentina now) and my boyfriend is from Maine (he is a US citizen).

Last time I've been in USA, I had a J1 visa, and I asked for a change of status to a H2B (tourist visa) which has been denied. I did left USA within the time they gave me at that time (which was 30 days after getting the denial letter). Is that gonna make any change/delay on the obtaining of the K1 visa?

Is there any other thing we should know before starting the process?

Thank you very much for your help!

Sofi

which is my best shot?

I am desperately looking for a means to bring in my wife and i have been enlisted in the US Navy and ready to ship out in Jan. and also an admission is on the way for me in Jan. but most importantly i want my wife here.I have been in d US for 1 year as a permanent resident, I am a lt' confused now, which type of visa could get her here latest b4 end of Feb. cos i might become a citizen on time if i go to the military and she could come in with K3 visa. I need a professional advice PLS.

I am desperately looking for a means to bring in my wife and i have been enlisted in the US Navy and ready to ship out in Jan. and also an admission is on the way for me in Jan. but most importantly i want my wife here.I have been in d US for 1 year as a permanent resident, I am a lt' confused now, which type of visa could get her here latest b4 end of Feb. cos i might become a citizen on time if i go to the military and she could come in with K3 visa. I need a professional advice PLS.

There are quotas on bringing wives and children into the country when you are a permanent resident that range from 5 to 10 years, depending on the country. There is no visa that could get her here before February. The Reuniting Families Act has been proposed to fix this problem, and your story would be a great example of why the law should change -- either for reporters or for Senators and Congressmen who are working on this issue. We could get you in touch with either. If you're interested in doing so, please sign up here, and we'll be able to get in touch with you:

http://americanfamiliesunited.org/lpr