K1 process time in California

trueamerican

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone knows how much time its taking these days to process K1 visa through California processing center. I sent my application on
11th February, 2009 and it was received on 12th of February. When should I expect my first letter from USCIS.

THANKS,

You should be receiving your NOA1 (Notice of Action 1) pretty soon. This is acknowledgement by USCIS that your petition has been received.

As Triple Citizen has stated, CSC have quoted 6 months to process an I-129F. Both CSC and VSC tend to quote 6 months regardless of the actual processing time, as this is their 'safe' time....generally most petitions get approved within 6 months, though should yours exceed the quoted 6 months then you can get it investigated to see what is going on.

is the 6 month processing time counted from the date they received your I-129F to the date the fiance gets a K-1 visa?

in other words, if that's the time in my case, does it only take 6 months for my fiance to buy the one-way airline ticket after USCIS receives my I-129F?

No, the 6 months are for the service centre to adjudicate the I-129F and forward the approval to the local consulate.

is the 6 month processing time counted from the date they received your I-129F to the date the fiance gets a K-1 visa?

The 'average' time for the whole K1 process is round about 9 months.

After my I-129F was approved (which is the 6 months quoted by CSC as stated by triple citizen), it took another 3 months until I had my visa in hand. Once it is approved by CSC, it is forward to NVC who will then forward it to the consulate of the beneficiary. Once it is received by the consulate they will then inform the beneficiary of their interview date.

My personal experience was.....5 months for I-129F approval....3 weeks until it was received by the London consulate....2.5 months until my interview date after my petition was received at London ....2 weeks to get my visa in hand after the interview (I didnt have my medical until the actual interview date, so that delayed my receipt date).

A word of caution though.....it is advised not to make any firm travel plans until AFTER you have the visa in hand. The letter from the consulate will also state this. There could be problems at the interview that means extra processing is needed or there could be a delay in visa delivery which could mean that any pre-booked flights could be missed.