K-1 candidate getting married to fiance in her country instead of USA????

zonryza

Registered Users (C)
K-1 visa experts: I have a question and I NEED YOUR HELP!!!?
Ok, let's say that a couple finally do all the k-1 visa petition paperwork, and the k-1 candidate goes to the Consular Office and gets approved and all that. I know that the k-1 candidate must travel to the USA very soon and get married to the fiance within 3 months, and then apply for Green Card. Ok, I know all that stuff. BUT................

What happens if the K-1 candidate has moral values that do not permit her to sleep w/ the fiance before marriage, and therefore she wants to do things "the right way" and not go to the USA with him until they are formally married. Could the K-1 candidate and the fiance go and do a quick civil ceremony right after the k-1 Candidate being issued the visa? I mean, like, just leave the Consular Office and walk across the street and get officially married in a quiet little office with only the needed witnesses?

And, then, since they would now be officially married, she will not compromise her morals when she travels to USA with him. Then they can do another wedding in the USA, and just not tell anyone that they got married in her country right before traveling to the USA? Then, they can just use their USA marriage certificate to get her papers.

There is no K-1 requirement to have sexual relations. What gave you that notion?

What happens if the K-1 candidate has moral values that do not permit her to sleep w/ the fiance before marriage

The K-1 becomes null and void then.

Could the K-1 candidate and the fiance go and do a quick civil ceremony right after the k-1 Candidate being issued the visa?

Let me get this straight. No morality issues when hiding/concealing a material fact. Traveling with your fiance' to the US (without a need for sexual relations) is a moral dilemma???

Then they can do another wedding in the USA, and just not tell anyone that they got married in her country right before traveling to the USA?

Yes, but the morality issue comes when they both are TOGETHER w/out a chaperone as if they were married. She would have to come to the USA as a fiance and not a wife, and then it would compromise her conscience (even if they don't sleep together).

What is the problem in them getting married AFTER she's approved for a k-1 visa, and then getting married again in the USA? How is it fraud? Nobody is lying? Nobody is falsifying marriage certificates. In fact, they're really getting married twice. Once for moral and ethical reasons, and the 2nd wedding is valid to fix her documents. So, how is this fraud?

There is nothing in the K-1 stipulations that say that they can't get married first in the k-1 candidate's country and then get married again in the USA.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I am correcting you. A K-1 beneficiary CANNOT be married when he/she enters the US to marry his/her sponsor.

There is nothing in the K-1 stipulations that say that they can't get married first in the k-1 candidate's country and then get married again in the USA.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.