Just talked To IIO

ScorpionRaj

Registered Users (C)
Hi
   I just talked to IIO, according to her, They have received my FP but they are waiting for FBI report on my case. She told me that the case is waiting on shelf as I did my FP on 10/20/2001. The case will get assigned once they get FBI report. I am really confused, as my AVM says "On Dec 29th we received FP result & further processing is resumed.....". I don\'t know when my case will get assigned. MY RD 04/26 ND 06/26 .....

azcowboy

please explain what u mean by \'throw the process resumed... case assigned\'

do u mean

a) that the avm is not correct - A lot of people think that \'process resumed\' means that all the fbi/cia/agency checks are over

b) the response of iio is not correct in saying that \'fbi reports\' are still pending

I do not understand what is correct

we have seen a number of april rd\'s being approved after getting avm message saying \'process resumed\'

so i would still go with the assumption that iio responses are not 100 percent correct - The poor IIO has to deal with at least 10 people per hour and some of the candidates can get pretty upset and i guess that the IIO\'s are not fully trained with the complexities of INS and hence the people are reporting different and different responses from IIO\'s

Of course quite a lot of this is speculation on my part

No Title

This is the first time I am hearing where AVM says processing resumed but CSC has not received the FBI reports. I think you should check again by calling IIO, b\'cos everyone beleives that AVM changes to process resumed only after CSC receives all agency reports.

My two cents.

No Title

People were beleiving that process resumed message means case was assigned to an officer

Syngreen I agree with you !!

I am also very much confused by IIO response. As IIO are not evry consistant with their answers , I guess I need to check with them again. Thanks

No Title

FYI, for me, AVM says processing resumed on JaN 11TH. One IIO told me they received the reports on Jan 8th

General thoery which most of us were believing

General thoery which most of us were believing in was :

IF AVM says " processing resumed " then all the reports are received and the case is "about to be assigned"

now with this feed back from IIO , it is confused scenario .

Regards
azcowboy007

here are my thoughts

1. that the avm is not correct - A lot of people think that \'process resumed\' means that all the fbi/cia/agency checks are over

ANS ) I too used to think "processing resumed" means FBI / other agency\'s checks are done .......but now AVM seems to be loosing its credibility

2. the response of iio is not correct in saying that \'fbi reports\' are still pending

ANS ) All said and done , IIO has no self interest in giving a wrong info .

It will be interesting if someone can call the IIO again and try to find out more details .....before we can conclude the TRUE meaning of "processing resumed " AVM mesg.

Regards

azcowboy007

iio response

when i spoke to IIO - i definitely got the feeling that there was a lack of training and am sure that IIO are not paid much above the minimum wages
Yes simple things like checking ur address etc etc they will do correctly but interpretation like \' what does process resumed mean\'
- that is something i think all iio\'s do not understand

It is a training issue i feel

check the recent approvals section - a lot of people who had process resumed have been approved

I am hoping (only speculation-just my own 2 cents) that soon within 3-4 weeks majority of all april filers will have

a) approval 70 % of the balance
b) rfe 10 % of the balance
c) inteview 10 % of the balance
d) pending 10 % of the balance

syngreen, there is enough anecdotal evidence to conclude...

that "processing resumed" does not necessarily mean that the case is assigned. We can only probably safely assume that the case has acquired all agency reports and is adjudication-ready. After the case is adjudication-ready, the case will be assigned entirely depending on the Month of RD.

Guys, please don\'t get paranoid because of what 1 IIO says...

This IIO said that the case is waiting on the shelf pending FBI reports. We know that cases make it to the "shelf" only after all the agency reports are received and the case is adjudication-ready. Until then it remains in the file room waiting for whatever it needs to be adjudication-ready. So, either the case is adjudication-ready and so is on the shelf or it is waiting for the FBI report and hence is NOT on the shelf. I can\'t see how it can be both. Like rsrgc said, some IIO\'s are very new to the job and they probably do not understand the various stages of the process yet. So, until ScorpionRaj gets a second opinion from a different IIO, we cannot draw any conclusions. We have used a lot of anecdotal data to arrive at our conclusions and we should not be swayed by what one IIO said. My 2 cents.

I too got the same response.

When i spoke to IIO last week, i got the same response,
Not assigned to officer, waiting from FBI.......
but AVM changed to on 12/29 recieved.... processing resumed....

RD 05/01/01.

Unable to bear this tension...........

No Title

I think the only reliable info we can get is if the case is
assigned to an officer or not. ( sometimes this also fails)

Talked just now.....and was told waiting for fingerprints...STRANGE...but

and when I told that my case was assigned on 23 rd...she said...wait and said yes on 23 rd it was assigned to IIO.....
So the IIO are themself not reliable...... ask them as many question as you can...and then only they scroll thru the details for the case...

Good Luck to all of you

Question so S.Singh

Did you case really was assinged on 23rd ? or do you just lied to iio to get more info ?