Just talked To IIO

Seems to me that it is the same IIO who is ...

giving this stock answer to everybody whose case is pending. Apparently she is not even looking closely at your file. Maybe she thinks that if a case is not assigned then it must be waiting on the FBI background check. Actually cases can become adjudication-ready and then wait for several weeks to be assigned. They essentially wait until its time for your Month of RD to start to be assigned. Everybody that posted that an IIO told them their case was waiting for FBI report said that the IIO was a she. I wonder if it is the same IIO.

Talked to IIO at CSC

I just talked to IIO.

I talked to a lady with kind of spanish accent. I gave her my WAC number WAC-01-252-xxxxx. She put me on hold.

She said: Currently your app is pending. Applications with PD Jan 2000 are currently being looked at. Your PD is Aug 8 2001. It will take 8 - 10 months until we assign it to an officer unless we clear out our backlogs.

I asked: her the PD Jan 2000 never changes. It has always been the same. She laughs and says if we manage to clear out the backlogs your case may be assigned to the officer sooner.

Now, My question is why is my PD Aug 8 2001. Actually my ND is Aug 8 2001. Do you think that the INS messed up my PD with the ND? Can you guys throw some light.

I also just talked to IIO

She also had Spanish accent and said that my case was waiting to be assigned. When I asked her if all the agency reports were received she said "YES". I asked her to take a printout and forward it to an officer and she said that she cannot do that until my ND becomes current with the date in JIT report which shows 1/1/2000. I then asked her how come other people are getting approvals who have ND later than mine and she said that you have to be lucky for that. If I am lucky then an officer will pick up my file .......

I think we should not call IIO

The IIO does not know anything. We know more than what they know. It is useless calling them.

I can think of two reason to why they have not updated the PD from jan 2000. One because if they keep updating it then people will start asking bunch of questions like "my friend whoes pd is blah blah and who has applied after me has got his approval and why am I not getting it". Or the pd stays at Jan 2000 until all cases are processed. If there is atleast one case sitting there with pd jan 2000 then the pd will be the same for everybody. So this case is the bottleneck for the pd not changing. In fact applications with pd\'s after jan 2000 have been approved.

I think we should keep our cool and wait for approval ..

terminator, the date of Jan 2000 in the JIT is ND not PD...

There are dozens of folks on this board with PD older than Jan 2000 who are still waiting. I do agree with the rest of your post though.