!!! just need some advice with Greencard

kairinyc

Registered Users (C)
to All:

I had my I-485 case in Nebraska Service Center
last week 11/13/07 i received the email saying that card production was ordered.:D on 11/17/07 i got another LUD saying "On November 16,2007 we mailed you a notice that we approved this I-485 application to register permanent residence or to adjust status. Please follow any instruction on this notice."
And i received the card itself on monday 11/19/07. :D:D:D
everything seems to be fine, i just have one question:
My card is backdated one year from the approval date which is 11/13/2007. Card says resident since 11/13/2006.
I applied for I-485 based on asylum approval on January 26, 2007.
I was all the time thinking that the card will be backdated from the date when you applied not from when the application was approved.

Congratulations. There is no need to worry about dates anymore you are already approved and received your green card. Give thanks...... Asylees are always backdated one year due to the law. It doesn't matter when you apply.

Once again...Congratulations

to All:

I had my I-485 case in Nebraska Service Center
last week 11/13/07 i received the email saying that card production was ordered.:D on 11/17/07 i got another LUD saying "On November 16,2007 we mailed you a notice that we approved this I-485 application to register permanent residence or to adjust status. Please follow any instruction on this notice."
And i received the card itself on monday 11/19/07. :D:D:D
everything seems to be fine, i just have one question:
My card is backdated one year from the approval date which is 11/13/2007. Card says resident since 11/13/2006.
I applied for I-485 based on asylum approval on January 26, 2007.
I was all the time thinking that the card will be backdated from the date when you applied not from when the application was approved.

Congratulations on your approval.

The card should be dated one year before the date of actual approval. Do not get too greedy. :)

Hey Petertherock, How's your case going along with that issue of material support. Have you had yet your interview. let me know.
let me know & best luck

just to let you know how lucky you are, read my timeline. I waited 7 years for my green card (not including 1 year of asylum approval) and still did not automatically get the green card... I had to sue the CIS in order to get it. Otherwise I might still be waiting.....u.

so those of you who have gotten the GC within few months should go to church or where-ever and thank God.

hi, lazerthegreat!

yeah, i know what you mean by saying that it takes years to get greencard.
i have been to church already;)
Thanks God!!!

good luck in everything and thank you for replying

just to let you know how lucky you are, read my timeline. I waited 7 years for my green card (not including 1 year of asylum approval) and still did not automatically get the green card... I had to sue the CIS in order to get it. Otherwise I might still be waiting.....u.

so those of you who have gotten the GC within few months should go to church or where-ever and thank God.

We need to give credit where credit is due. The Bush administration was generous enough to work for the end of the 10K cap. Otherwise kairinyc would have faced a twenty year wait for her/his green card.

Thankful,

You are right. I hope by the time I will apply for citizenship in 2011 the process will be faster and there will be no backlogs. Praying for that! ;)

one can apply for GREENCARD after 1 year of redisence . if you do not leave the country for 1 year.