Just got off the Fone with IO

masala dosa

Registered Users (C)
Guys
I just got off the fone with an IO and he confirmed the following:
FP -Complete
Security clearence - Complete
Name check - Complete

( I hope all IO use the standard terminology and have same definition for background/security yada yada yada)

He said your file is in the Adjudication section in TSC and you will be sent an interview notice at the local office ( :::??????)
What?
Interview notice:?
Me: Oh!
Me: Does the system show that my case has been tagged for interview?
IO: No , but all EB cases are interviewed at the local office.

(PDjul2002/485 RD Dec 2002/Last FP(3) May 2007)

What the hell is local office interview? Is that random and something that should happen but never happens?
I have seen approvals left and right without interviews.

Is this some new problem creeping up: Transfer to local office?

Had a nice a roller coaster ride so far.. seems like I am going to ride one again.

Any comments

My case was transferred to my local district (Tampa) from Texas for an interview the 1st week in January. Since there have been so many approvals lately, I wanted to know about my case :D I made an info pass and spoke to an immigration officer on Tuesday of this week. The visit didn't last 10 minutes :eek: He was a very nice gentleman who told me that an interview has been scheduled and to look out for the letter in the mail . He noticed disbelief and confusion on my face, so he kindly turned his monitor screen for me to observe it for myself :D

P.S. some people get their green cards without interviews and some have interviews. I forgot to ask the I.O. how that is decided :confused:

My case was transferred to my local district (Tampa) from Texas for an interview the 1st week in January. Since there have been so many approvals lately, I wanted to know about my case :D I made an info pass and spoke to an immigration officer on Tuesday of this week. The visit didn't last 10 minutes :eek: He was a very nice gentleman who told me that an interview has been scheduled and to look out for the letter in the mail . He noticed disbelief and confusion on my face, so he kindly turned his monitor screen for me to observe it for myself :D

P.S. some people get their green cards without interviews and some have interviews. I forgot to ask the I.O. how that is decided :confused:

It took 6 months for them to schedule an interview?

Actually, my case has been there less time than the average time it takes to schedule an interview according to the I.O.

Interviews are hit or miss for EB candidates...

Masala Dosa (is it the authentic South Indian Style Dosa?)

There are no real hard and fast rules as to who will or will not be interviewed. Usually, I have seen that cases that have sat around for too long for a PD to become current are sometimes called for an interview. I guess the I/O wants to ensure that you are still employed and are making what the original I-140 said, if not more.

I have been interviewed too, although well over two years ago (PD was not current then) and it is a very standard procedure. A letter of employment verificiation from the employer, couple of recent paystubs and a few other documents is what the I/O wanted to see. Though I'm current since June 07, my file is totally MIA and I have heard nothing on it.

All in all, it should not be a matter of great concern to you, unless your case had some other cryptic complexity or some doubt about biographic information or incomplete health records. Yet, this is always at the discretion of the I/O, who sometimes likes to press your buttons like a little twit.

Guys
FP -Complete
Name check - Complete

( I hope all IO use the standard terminology and have same definition for background/security yada yada yada)

He said your file is in the Adjudication section in TSC and you will be sent an interview notice at the local office ( :::??????)
What?

What the hell is local office interview? Is that random and something that should happen but never happens?

Had a nice a roller coaster ride so far.. seems like I am going to ride one again.

Any comments

GC trap
So you are trapped now? What were you asked during the interview and after the interview?
GC approved? or something else

Masala dosa
I thought you had problem with name check earlier. How did you get that resolved. Did you contact anyone about it.

Masala dosa
I thought you had problem with name check earlier. How did you get that resolved. Did you contact anyone about it.

did not do anything. I am sharing what the IOs are telling me.
Of the 5 times i made contact with IO, only once ( first time) did the IO say my Background check is pending.

The other 4 times the response was ALL CLEAR.

Honestly, speaking I am not very excited at "all clear" statement. An approval message is what will excite me as anyone else.

Yes, I am trapped...

And the USCIS monster has locked and gobbled up the key to this trapdoor. I was asked pretty standard questions, about employment, asked to show proof of employment, paystubs etc. and was told NOTHING about what happens next.

I asked him if there is any other information he needs to make a decision and he laughed like Ravana (I'm kidding :). But he said that I have to wait for PD's to become current before he can continue processing my case (so why on earth did he call me for an interview?)

My GC has not been approved yet, and I have no idea with what's happening. I've placed a SR call and am told to wait for another 6 weeks or so before I can call again. Lawyer wants to wait for a few months (90 days) since the PD has been current. NSC has no idea about my case coz it got transfered to a local office.

GC_TRAP
PD: August 2001
I-485 RD: July 2003
Countless EAD's and AP's + Lawyer Fees

GC trap
So you are trapped now? What were you asked during the interview and after the interview?
GC approved? or something else

.... But he said that I have to wait for PD's to become current before he can continue processing my case....
PD: August 2001
I-485 RD: July 2003
Countless EAD's and AP's + Lawyer Fees

thats odd. your PD is August 2001. That means (guessing you are India EB3) your PD is current in June. Why did he say he is waiting for PDs to become current?

(or are you recounting an interview that happened before June 1st?)

Well, Everytime I called....

Guys
FP -Complete
Name check - Complete

What?

Any comments

I really don't understand how you guys are managing to speak to IOs who are nice enough to give this information. Everytime I used the POJ technique (I learnt about it in this forums), I get connected to an IO in TSC who is rude and not willing to give any information whatsoever. I am not even getting change of address confirmation for my I-485 and I lost some document that they sent me - in the mail and they dont want to hear that. And one more piece of information here....-> As of November 2006 they are not supoosed to give information whether NameCheck or any other secuirty check is completed or pending. The IO also told me that I will not get that information even if I take an infopass appointment and the only way to find out is by emailing the FBI and they gave me an email address.
This is my experience with TSC officials everytime I called and I just dont undertand - how many of you are getting infomrative responses from them.
Are you caling at a specific time and asking for any individual :) ???
Guru's - please advise what you are doing ;-)

cheers.
PD 09/2002
I485 RD 04/2004
Case transfered VSC -> TSC Mar 2007
Approval - no where in sight !!:D

I really don't understand how you guys are managing to speak to IOs who are nice enough to give this information. Everytime I used the POJ technique (I learnt about it in this forums), I get connected to an IO in TSC who is rude and not willing to give any information whatsoever. I am not even getting change of address confirmation for my I-485 and I lost some document that they sent me - in the mail and they dont want to hear that. And one more piece of information here....-> As of November 2006 they are not supoosed to give information whether NameCheck or any other secuirty check is completed or pending. The IO also told me that I will not get that information even if I take an infopass appointment and the only way to find out is by emailing the FBI and they gave me an email address.
This is my experience with TSC officials everytime I called and I just dont undertand - how many of you are getting infomrative responses from them.
Are you caling at a specific time and asking for any individual :) ???
Guru's - please advise what you are doing ;-)

cheers.
PD 09/2002
I485 RD 04/2004
Case transfered VSC -> TSC Mar 2007
Approval - no where in sight !!:D

I think they have become rude over the period of time with high frequency of calls, so now if anyone calls there will be barking on the other side.....

Interview was done long time ago...

It's been over two years since the interview, but not even then would the Rogue I/O tell me if my case was approvable or not. He must have known that retrogression was about to hit as he hinted that he may not be able to process my case before retrogression hits (this was around June 05).

Now, it's dead silence from the local office, and no response to SR at NSC. So, this stupid thing is really a matter of luck I think. With bad luck, you will see PD's of 2005 getting approved before your PD of 2001 will get a chance. But by then, obviously new rounds of retrogression will make your case so ancient that it will be lot easier for USCIS to lose/misplace the file and say "sorry, try again".

I have very few hopes/expectations on the outcome...I'm just very tired playing this "waiting" game. Heck, at this time, even a refusal/misplacing of the file is welcome (at least I'll have some closure to this never-ending nightmare).

thats odd. your PD is August 2001. That means (guessing you are India EB3) your PD is current in June. Why did he say he is waiting for PDs to become current?

(or are you recounting an interview that happened before June 1st?)

Sorry Man!

It's been over two years since the interview, but not even then would the Rogue I/O tell me if my case was approvable or not. He must have known that retrogression was about to hit as he hinted that he may not be able to process my case before retrogression hits (this was around June 05).

Now, it's dead silence from the local office, and no response to SR at NSC. So, this stupid thing is really a matter of luck I think. With bad luck, you will see PD's of 2005 getting approved before your PD of 2001 will get a chance. But by then, obviously new rounds of retrogression will make your case so ancient that it will be lot easier for USCIS to lose/misplace the file and say "sorry, try again".

I have very few hopes/expectations on the outcome...I'm just very tired playing this "waiting" game. Heck, at this time, even a refusal/misplacing of the file is welcome (at least I'll have some closure to this never-ending nightmare).

This is ridiculously long time for a green card. I can only imagine what you going through...Hang in there, hope you would get the approved soon...who knows might be tonight...

GC_TRAP: Did you visit a local office recently and ask them whatz going on? I would really recommend doing that. I am going to visit my local office in early July as well.

No trips to local office!

dcmetro22042,

No, the local office is a couple of hundred miles from me, and going there means wasting a whole day pretty much. My attorney, in her bright wisdom advised me to wait some more. I don't know what that means. As I have stated before, the Officer who interviewed me was not a likable fellow at all...so who knows what he did with my file. For all I know, he may have used it for a bonfire at one of his parties.

On a side note, it seems you have finally been approved. Many congratulations. I think I will find myself in this forum with the same status quo in a few years too...when filers with PD's of 2005 and 2006 will start announcing their approvals...I'll wonder whatever happened to my 2001 file??? In some unfortunate way, I think I may be headed for a record of sorts...we'll see!

GC_TRAP: Did you visit a local office recently and ask them whatz going on? I would really recommend doing that. I am going to visit my local office in early July as well.

I received my card today. I was told in second week of June that my name was stuck in background and name check. I kept trying to call and confirm but could never get anyone that would tell me. I finally found out on Monday that the case was approved already. I do not think you should believe all this back ground check claims. They are just taking time and approving as they get to it. You all will also get approved, just hang in there.

Right -

I received my card today. I was told in second week of June that my name was stuck in background and name check. I kept trying to call and confirm but could never get anyone that would tell me. I finally found out on Monday that the case was approved already. I do not think you should believe all this back ground check claims. They are just taking time and approving as they get to it. You all will also get approved, just hang in there.

that makes sense, I agree with you. Sometimes they do not know what they tell you over phone. Congratulations ...enjoy your freedom.

Congratualtions!
Well, you name check may have been cleared after you spoke with them... My instinct tells me that they are not lying... but I would never go with my instict as it's been proven wrong over and over again with USCIS. But you don't care now, do you? You got the card... All's well that ends well... Hope I am not ended up in a well :eek: