Just got back from COP without trouble!!!!!

Atique.Rahman

Registered Users (C)
I just got back from COP facing no troubles what so ever. I used NP+GC. At POE, officer just asked me how long I stayed there & the purpose of travel. My reply was two weeks & to see old parents. He also asked how long I've been in this country & if I ever traveled outside US before? I said 16yrs I'm in US & never travelled no where. Officer replied welome back & stamped my passport.
Atique.

I just got back from COP facing no troubles what so ever. I used NP+GC. At POE, officer just asked me how long I stayed there & the purpose of travel. My reply was two weeks & to see old parents. He also asked how long I've been in this country & if I ever traveled outside US before? I said 16yrs I'm in US & never travelled no where. Officer replied welome back & stamped my passport.
Atique.

Congratulations.

Can I ask you how did you manage to renew your passport with the A06 green card?

Congratulations.

Can I ask you how did you manage to renew your passport with the A06 green card?

I renewed twice & never had any problem. Cause my counsulate is not to concerned about the status of their citizens. Guess lot other countries are & that's what the reason it's hard for AS6 to get their passport renewed.
Atique.

I renewed twice & never had any problem. Cause my counsulate is not to concerned about the status of their citizens. Guess lot other countries are & that's what the reason it's hard for AS6 to get their passport renewed.
Atique.

You are lucky. My country does not renew the passports of people who seek asylum abroad.

I know It's been a while. How's it going? It's true I never participate in any post all this time but I checked them in touch basis.
Good to hear from you bro.
Atique.

Man, I wish you the best during the citizenship interview. Hopefully they won't be picky. This question of visiting COP is still uncertain unfortunatelly.

Man, I wish you the best during the citizenship interview. Hopefully they won't be picky. This question of visiting COP is still uncertain unfortunatelly.

Minsk, I appreciate your concern but we all need to understand each case is different from others. Besides that situation changes. It don't remain same all our life time. Especially people that were granted asylum based on political reasons. I don't know about others but my case was filed back in 1993 & I finally got approved & received my GC back in 2006 after 13 yrs quite a long time. In the mean time I never even tried to go no where let alone COP. But after receiving my GC last year I decided no more both my parents are very sick & old & I should go see them or I might have some regrets. Besides that political situation has changed in my country. I know I might face that question during citizenship interview but I'll be honest & tell the officer I had no choice but to see my parents. Therefore it was not at all a pleasure trip but rather spend time with parents.
USCIS officers are also human beings so I belive they can dig it.
Thanks again for your concern Minsk.
Atique.

Minsk, I appreciate your concern but we all need to understand each case is different from others. Besides that situation changes. It don't remain same all our life time. Especially people that were granted asylum based on political reasons. I don't know about others but my case was filed back in 1993 & I finally got approved & received my GC back in 2006 after 13 yrs quite a long time. In the mean time I never even tried to go no where let alone COP. But after receiving my GC last year I decided no more both my parents are very sick & old & I should go see them or I might have some regrets. Besides that political situation has changed in my country. I know I might face that question during citizenship interview but I'll be honest & tell the officer I had no choice but to see my parents. Therefore it was not at all a pleasure trip but rather spend time with parents.
USCIS officers are also human beings so I belive they can dig it.
Thanks again for your concern Minsk.
Atique.

Well said,Atique.i've been worrying too much about this issue(sooo afraid of visiting my old parents because of the fear and paranoia seen in here and on other forums).but i guess it all depends on each individual's case.

Well said,Atique.i've been worrying too much about this issue(sooo afraid of visiting my old parents because of the fear and paranoia seen in here and on other forums).but i guess it all depends on each individual's case.

Yes NYcancerian, we tend to generalize immigration matters but that's not always right. Everybody's case merit & situation is completely different. Another thing is we always don't get the actual info. You'll ask how? let me give you an example. I know a guy who's got GC through asylum couple of years back. He went to COP right after that & at the POE he was arrested & detained. First of all asusually I thought that might have something to do with his COP visit. But later on found out after receiving GC he comitted some kind of crime & warrant was issued against him. While at POE USCIS found out that & he was arrested & detained.
Later on he bailed himself out & I asked him about the incident but he simply denied the true story but rather replied this all happened cause he went COP.
So you see people lie in order to cover things. Actually his COP visit got nothing to do with his arrest nor detention.

Once again don't misunderstand me please. By saying all this I'm not at all encouraging other AS6 brothers/sisters to visit COP after receiving GC. Just use your own judgement based on your case & situation.

I've found so many arguments about this COP visit issue in this forum therefore I don't want to go there. But please don't generalize cases but pay more attention to case merits & situation.
Atique.

Hi Atique,

I have few questions for you, can you please check your private message and reply to me via an email. I ll really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Congratulations.

FYI my GF (have GC based on asylum) renewed her passportby simply saying that shes illegal in the states. I know thats blatantly lying but the embassy dont really care.