Just got a 3 year TN

sabih

Registered Users (C)
Just got a new 3 year TN thru my existing employer from JFK last evening while coming back from a short international visit with my family. My existing TN still had about 6 weeks left on it but the officer didn't bother about it at all and infect didn't even charge the TN fee. All I had to show her was the front page of the TN letter and it took her 5-10 minutes to approve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re Tn

were you travelling through Canada? In other word just you cross the border go to Canada came back with the paper work?
If so i would like to do the same please let us know
Thanks

sabih said he got his TN at JFK, therefore he was not coming thru canada, otherwise his TN would have been awarded at the Cdn Airport.

Re TN

Can i do this too? The reason why i ask is that last time when i came back from Asia to Ohare Chicago they didn't give me another TN they just said they were busy and can't give me another TN so i have to do with the one i have.

Last year they issued me another TN but didn't take my old TN i wasn't sure so i took both, when i went to Peace bridge and handed them my TNs to get a new one, the officer said that he's sick and tired of some officer doing this but didn't said anything to me. I remember him saying don't worry its not your fault i was very surprised its the first time i heard a officer saying this.

Re TN

Can i do this too? The reason why i ask is that last time when i came back from Asia to Ohare Chicago they didn't give me another TN they just said they were busy and can't give me another TN so i have to do with the one i have.

Last year they issued me another TN but didn't take my old TN i wasn't sure so i took both, when i went to Peace bridge and handed them my TNs to get a new one, the officer said that he's sick and tired of some officer doing this but didn't said anything to me. I remember him saying don't worry its not your fault i was very surprised its the first time i heard a officer saying this.

Anyways i guess i am a little bit paranoid

any POE is supposed to be able to issue a TN, and should if you have the correct docs.

I retained my I-94 card when I left USA and handed it over to the officer on my way back. The officer simply used the new I-94 cards that I completed during my flight and wrote TN/TD on it. The only thing she inquired about was the year I first came to the US and then briefly glanced at the front page of my TN letter stating the three year duration before approving it. But as you have already witnessed, not all officers are friendly and some do give you a hard time hence one should be prepared for all situations and carry the proper paperwork incase if one of them requires more information.

Last edited by a moderator: