Just do it

catdog

Registered Users (C)
Some tips on showing the guys who retrogress that you give a rats ass

Leave the US and go back to your home country. That will teach them a lessson to retrogress. show them We do not care any more - retrogress all you want.

Abandon your GC process. Show them you can live without a GC

Go to the INS office and give all your details to the officer and dare them to do anything in a harsh tone.

If you cannot do anything of the above, then keep quiet and wipe off the tears of frustration from your cheeks and then cry a little bit more like a girl.

Either DO SOMETHING or QUIT COMPLAINING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catdog said:

Leave the US and go back to your home country. That will teach them a lessson to retrogress. show them We do not care any more - retrogress all you want.

Go to the INS office and give all your details to the officer and dare them to do anything in a harsh tone.

If you cannot do anything of the above, then keep quiet and wipe off the tears of frustration from your cheeks and then cry a little bit more like a girl.

I agree.
my two cents -- In US everything works as per statistics and current law. I don't believe much in racism etc.. in the GC process. No need to complain. I guess we should be tough enough to understand whats going on and try not to be too complacent about the situation.

Thanks for your advise ..

catdog said:

catdog,

Thanks for your valueable advise and words of wisdom. We will all do as you say .. thanks for enlightening us :) I can't believe we have all been so stupid. You should have come to our rescue years ago .. we have wasted so many "girly" tears over the years. Where were you all these years catdog .. you disappeared like superman did years ago and now you are back to save us from the evils of the immigration process. Thank you catdog, the world needs more catdogs ... :) :)

regards,

saras

THE RETURN OF THE CATDOG...

but i do agree that the only way we may be able to salvage some dignity is not being dependent on GC process (this advise only applies to people who started the process in the last 2-3 years, those waiting since 2001-2002.....please hang one....you have invested too much.....dont throw it away...).

but if we really want to make a difference.......stop working in usa and go back....and take your jobs with you (applies only to IT guys...).....that way in future....they will open their arms.....since they will like to keep jobs over here...

On a more serious note ..

techy2468 said:
THE RETURN OF THE CATDOG...

but i do agree that the only way we may be able to salvage some dignity is not being dependent on GC process (this advise only applies to people who started the process in the last 2-3 years, those waiting since 2001-2002.....please hang one....you have invested too much.....dont throw it away...).

but if we really want to make a difference.......stop working in usa and go back....and take your jobs with you (applies only to IT guys...).....that way in future....they will open their arms.....since they will like to keep jobs over here...

Guys and Girls,

I was just playing around in my last post because the posting from catdog was extreme to say the least. I agree with techy and indian_gc_ocean and to an extent with catdog that complaining constantly will not solve any of our problems. We also need to realize that the current retro has nothing to do with "racism" or "bias". As techy said, the best way to deal with this is to not be dependent on the GC. All of us stuck in this GC process should act asif we are on H1B and never started this process at all. Most of our decisions should be made that way. The one thing I disagree with is to leave the US altogether. Why should we? Unless ones job is horrible or one if being exploited there is no reason to leave. Instead we need to make as much money as possible, save as much as possible, invest in our home countries as much as possible, get as much advanced training and education and do the bare minimum that is required of us in this society. In this way even if the GC does not work out, we will take our money, training, education and skills to another place. Why do it now when we are still making money?

Onto racism and bias. Although I agree that this retro has nothing to do with racism and bias, the lack of steps being taken to solve the problem of retro are steeped in racism and bias. All bills aimed at providing relief have been buried because of the deep rooted hatred towards immigrants that certain sections of the US population harbor. All these elements are hiding behind the guise of "National Security" to further their biased agendas. A lot of agencies are skillfully opposing legal immigration with the excuse that our provisions are paired with illegals. If that is the case then why isn't the SKIL bill or any other bill being passed. Anyway, the current political climate is not immigrant friendly and we can forget about any legislative help ..

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaaron Haddiyaan Phenko Mera Catdog aaya hai....

Hope this new avtar of catdog is good.

Welcome meow meow whoof whoof !

I hope October is going atleast better to eb2/eb3

Eb3 year 2001/2002 needs wait until October. After October atleast we will know (Guess work again) how long it going to take GC.

Yes .. Oct now ..

USCIS_GC_APPRO said:
Eb3 year 2001/2002 needs wait until October. After October atleast we will know (Guess work again) how long it going to take GC.

USCIS_GC_APPRO,

I think the OCT-NOV-DEC 06 bulletins will indicate the future of this process for EB3s (India in particular). Until then we should just relax and go about our business.

regards,

saras

I think so

saras76 said:
USCIS_GC_APPRO,

I think the OCT-NOV-DEC 06 bulletins will indicate the future of this process for EB3s (India in particular). Until then we should just relax and go about our business.

regards,

saras

saras....thats my plan........to stick on H1B being independent from GC process till either i get fed up being in a Temp state or USA fixes its immig system.

as long as we can find good jobs being on H1 there is not much harm......except that it is not as easy as that.....i hope other places are not like my small city (bham, AL) where 85% of employers dont entertain Visa holders......and not only that....now getting Drivers license is a pain......and the list just goes on.......not much fun being in a temp state....trying to save all you earn........i think it does feel like life in limbo....since you are not even connected with your colleagues.....since their motto is to live life to the full......and your motto is to survive and save money so that you can live life some other day.......well this has been my experience....

I think this country has its priorities; first they need to address the illegals.
For legals, there is always going to be numerical limitation.
Currently, people born in India are suffering the most whether in EB3,EB2 or EB1.
and if the current system acts as a way to separate the wheat from the chaff, that is all for the good.

saras76 said:
Guys and Girls,

Onto racism and bias. Although I agree that this retro has nothing to do with racism and bias, the lack of steps being taken to solve the problem of retro are steeped in racism and bias. All bills aimed at providing relief have been buried because of the deep rooted hatred towards immigrants that certain sections of the US population harbor. All these elements are hiding behind the guise of "National Security" to further their biased agendas. A lot of agencies are skillfully opposing legal immigration with the excuse that our provisions are paired with illegals. If that is the case then why isn't the SKIL bill or any other bill being passed. Anyway, the current political climate is not immigrant friendly and we can forget about any legislative help ..

regards,

saras

welcome back catdog is following story applies to you toooo?

Downsizing and outsourcing

I have been reading and hearing the stories about outsourcing and downsizing. Here is my story. I want to keep myself anonymous, as my story did not go out of our four walls.

I migrated to US about 22 years ago from India. In
India I tried for 6 years to find a job after finishing my Masters degree. Because of rampant corruption, nepotism, political infuences (which I was lacking, and aginst my concious) I could not find a job. Then God listened to my prayers and I got an opportunity to come to this Land of Opportunity. After I came here, I was facinated by computers and technology, which I had never even seen a key board in India, and pursued my career. I worked $3 an hour to finance my ambitions.

I finished my BS, and MS Computer Science and positoned in a good job. I was even pursuing my Ph.D in Computer science. But all of a sudden these Indian labor started flooding here. They do not have a formal degree in computers, all they have is a one month programming training in some garage. Some of them not even have college degree and started making more money ( $80 - $100 an hour). I was frustrated with the situation and questioned myself that why I am wasting time in doing Ph.D, and making much lower salary than those high school graduates, and I dropped out.

In the mean time Indian colleges realized the computer boom and introduced a new program called 'Master in Computer Applications (MCA)' which is a one year diploma after high school. Indians started taking this course, and convinced US corporations that they have Masters degree in computer science. US corporations thought they are getting an MCA (Masters) for cheaper rate than what they are paying to BS computer science programmer, and started replacing them. At workplace where I used to work 9 out of 12 team members are H1-B Indians. They literally shine my
manager's shoes. Because the company has to sponsor
their green cards. They lie about qualificatins and
experience. One guy said he has been in Computer field
since 1983 in India. In India there were no PCs until 1987. The term 'computer program' was never heard there until 1988. Another "software engineer's" resume says he has been working as a software engineer since 1995 in Bank One. But his passport shows his date of entry to US as 1998. I have scores of such examples about these so called H1-B software engineers and their qualifications. "An Honest H1-B Indian" is good oxymoran in English language.

My wife and I have two masters degrees each in computer science, and engineering. Our combined salary was $230K till October 2003. One fine morning, the bomb (downsize) exploded- we both got laid off on the same day (we were working for different corporations). Today, our income is 'ZERO'. We could not even find minimum wage jobs. We are victims of outsourcing. No third soul knows about situation. Because it spreads fastly to back home and to old age parents.

I was interviewed couple of times by TCS, and Wipro, and they almost offered me the job. But the minute I told them that I am US Citizen, they said their project was on hold. So far I have not heard even single H1-B guy who is unemployed. Downsizing is effecting only US citizens. In my case, I was replaced by a H1-B. These Indian outsourcing companies are bribing the IT managers and successfully get their job done. The prime element that drove me out of India (corruption), is agin drove me out of my job.

I am ashamed of myself to call I am an Indian.

My plans for October 2006 Visa Bulletin

I am fed up with this process. This is my plan B:

1. I've lined up the paperwork to resume masters studies this Fall. At least I will keep myself busy reading books instead of worrying with this freaking visa bulletin.

2. I've got a part-time job as a 300 level lecturer/trainer and I am researching some more projects to work part-time with body shop consultancy firms. I opened my own company and believe me, in my company I have the job title that I want and I deserve. I am the boss ! I will throw modest revenue from training and other short-term projects onto my LLC.

3. Also, if by September 20th visa bulletins are stuck or retrogressed and options 1 and 2 above fail for whatever reason, I will start an active search for another job and trigger AC21. From what I read on these forums, it seems my own Limited Liability Company could be used to sponsor my own AC21, in the worst case scenaro. I am just wondering in case USCIS requires 'ability to pay' documentation, what should I show them. If I have cash avaialble on my company (let's say, $60,000.00) I am wondering if that could be proof of ability to pay ? Not enough money I am afraid.

Enjoy folks !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
PpK_walther, the other day you told me you were not a US citizen. Now you are saying you are. What a contradiction... ;-)

#1 14th July 2006, 11:09 AM
ppk_walther
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2005

Fast Labor Approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My labor(PERM) was approved on 7/13/2006. Its approved at amazing speed. They filed it on 6/30/2006 EB3. Is this comman with PERM labors?
Any trends? How about I140 timelines?

ppk_walther
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ppk_walther
Send email to ppk_walther
Find all posts by ppk_walther
Add ppk_walther to Your Buddy List

#2 14th July 2006, 11:14 AM
marlon2006
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2004

Wait minute. PPK_Walther, didn't you tell in the past you were a US permanent resident already ? :) Oh, AlHindi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppk_walther
My labor(PERM) was approved on 7/13/2006. Its approved at amazing speed. They filed it on 6/30/2006 EB3. Is this comman with PERM labors?
Any trends? How about I140 timelines?

marlon2006
View Public Profile
Send a private message to marlon2006
Find all posts by marlon2006
Add marlon2006 to Your Buddy List

#3 14th July 2006, 11:19 AM
ppk_walther
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2005

no I am not alhindi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't come anyway near to this site if I am already USC right?

ppk_walther said:
Downsizing and outsourcing

I have been reading and hearing the stories about outsourcing and downsizing. Here is my story. I want to keep myself anonymous, as my story did not go out of our four walls.

I migrated to US about 22 years ago from India. In
India I tried for 6 years to find a job after finishing my Masters degree. Because of rampant corruption, nepotism, political infuences (which I was lacking, and aginst my concious) I could not find a job. Then God listened to my prayers and I got an opportunity to come to this Land of Opportunity. After I came here, I was facinated by computers and technology, which I had never even seen a key board in India, and pursued my career. I worked $3 an hour to finance my ambitions.

I finished my BS, and MS Computer Science and positoned in a good job. I was even pursuing my Ph.D in Computer science. But all of a sudden these Indian labor started flooding here. They do not have a formal degree in computers, all they have is a one month programming training in some garage. Some of them not even have college degree and started making more money ( $80 - $100 an hour). I was frustrated with the situation and questioned myself that why I am wasting time in doing Ph.D, and making much lower salary than those high school graduates, and I dropped out.

In the mean time Indian colleges realized the computer boom and introduced a new program called 'Master in Computer Applications (MCA)' which is a one year diploma after high school. Indians started taking this course, and convinced US corporations that they have Masters degree in computer science. US corporations thought they are getting an MCA (Masters) for cheaper rate than what they are paying to BS computer science programmer, and started replacing them. At workplace where I used to work 9 out of 12 team members are H1-B Indians. They literally shine my
manager's shoes. Because the company has to sponsor
their green cards. They lie about qualificatins and
experience. One guy said he has been in Computer field
since 1983 in India. In India there were no PCs until 1987. The term 'computer program' was never heard there until 1988. Another "software engineer's" resume says he has been working as a software engineer since 1995 in Bank One. But his passport shows his date of entry to US as 1998. I have scores of such examples about these so called H1-B software engineers and their qualifications. "An Honest H1-B Indian" is good oxymoran in English language.

My wife and I have two masters degrees each in computer science, and engineering. Our combined salary was $230K till October 2003. One fine morning, the bomb (downsize) exploded- we both got laid off on the same day (we were working for different corporations). Today, our income is 'ZERO'. We could not even find minimum wage jobs. We are victims of outsourcing. No third soul knows about situation. Because it spreads fastly to back home and to old age parents.

I was interviewed couple of times by TCS, and Wipro, and they almost offered me the job. But the minute I told them that I am US Citizen, they said their project was on hold. So far I have not heard even single H1-B guy who is unemployed. Downsizing is effecting only US citizens. In my case, I was replaced by a H1-B. These Indian outsourcing companies are bribing the IT managers and successfully get their job done. The prime element that drove me out of India (corruption), is agin drove me out of my job.

I am ashamed of myself to call I am an Indian.

Outsourcing ...

ppk_walther,

I understand that jobs are moving to India but to say that everyone in India is lieing and that no one is as qualified as a US citizen is totally baseless. Do you seriously think that US companies are so stupid that they would hire and continue to employ people if they were not getting results? The bottom line is that Indians (whether 1 year course or 2 year course or whatever) are able to do the same job (if not a better job) for much less money. The truth is that people in the US became to used to high pays and mediocre work. There was no competition for decades and now that competition is here everyone is complaining about it. Jobs will always go to places that get them done cheaper and better, todays its India tomorrow it may be Burma. US citizens (I maybe one SOME day) need to be aware of this and make sure they are not sitting around while people from other nations are acquiring valuable skills.

I do not like to make any judgements but if a US citizen with experience can't find a decent job in this country then the problem is far greater than outsourcing.

regards,

saras

he must be kidding to say that one can do MCA after high school........maybe he does not know that in india a high schooler only gets a manual labor work....

as saras pointed out nobody can lay off a skilled person......a skilled person can find jobs in most situation with few exceptions like the 2001-2002 IT meltdown in usa...

in 2000 if you can spell JAVA.......you can bill $100-$150/hr.....guess what, now the us corporations know that there are hundreds of thousands with better skill and more motivation to work....

ppk walther,

you need improve skills and align them to this competitive market. Dont bank on past Phd or masters degrees.

well chill out guys. This guys english reminds me of folks from a very special nation. It is often referred as terroristan. Hmm..poor guy, the only thing he can do is to lie (a natonal pass time I am sure) and get temporary high by gloating on condition of some unfortunate Indians.

rgds,
akela

it implies....

ppk walther,

You have mentioned that you were without Job in india for 6 years and came to US (by hook or by crook) which implies that you had serious problem in your skills. As every one else indicated, if you have right skills, you will never face difficulty finding jobs in USA.

ppk_walther said:
IIn my case, I was replaced by a H1-B. These Indian outsourcing companies are bribing the IT managers and successfully get their job done. The prime element that drove me out of India (corruption), is agin drove me out of my job.
If you thought you were replaced by H1B, go to DOL and complain. However, considering the fact you were out of job since 2003 though economy has been comming back, the issue is not visa or citizenship status. It's your skill set.