• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Just called the KCC

jayo2k

Registered Users (C)
well, for the former selected, it is over, i just called the KCC & they erased our case number... it is over, just wait july 15...
Me I have a plan B, since there is no job in france anymore & i get the goverment payement, i will just spend 3 months in usa then come back for a month or two then 3 more months ect.. until I get enough money to pay for college or until i win the DV for real...

c u july 15, all the thread for redraw, unfair & stuff are useless

Me I have a plan B, since there is no job in france anymore & i get the goverment payement, i will just spend 3 months in usa then come back for a month or two then 3 more months ect.. until I get enough money to pay for college or until i win the DV for real...

Good luck trying to save up money for college in the USA just solely relying on unemployment checks. The US has a strict rule that all international students must be able to support themselves with a decent figure of $20,000 or more a year, college fees for international students ain't cheap... $25,000 is a reasonable amount since you would need to pay for the tuition fees, books, rent, food so overall you will be looking at needing to have $80,000-$100,000. If the interviewer for the student visa has just seen you been saving up cheaply and solely on unemployment checks then of course they are not going to let you in. How are they going to be sure you will be able to support yourself in the US? Besides the obvious fact you are a foreigner and can not work on a student Visa.

There is the other option to find a job.

it realy depend on college, york college for instance (part of CUNY) has fees to just 3000$ for local & 8000 for foreigners... & the 8000 i will have them by december since i get like 600$ per month from the goverment & i do work once a while (french economy is realy bad)
Good luck trying to save up money for college in the USA just solely relying on unemployment checks. The US has a strict rule that all international students must be able to support themselves with a decent figure of $20,000 or more a year, college fees for international students ain't cheap... $25,000 is a reasonable amount since you would need to pay for the tuition fees, books, rent, food so overall you will be looking at needing to have $80,000-$100,000. If the interviewer for the student visa has just seen you been saving up cheaply and solely on unemployment checks then of course they are not going to let you in. How are they going to be sure you will be able to support yourself in the US? Besides the obvious fact you are a foreigner and can not work on a student Visa.

There is the other option to find a job.

Stay away from CUNY, it's pretty worse. Try to get into SUNY instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be quite frankly with you, when I past near this college (which is located in the hollis section of southside jamaica queens), looking at the building I could tell that it wasn't very good, but it is cheap... I still have my canadian university welcome letter for september 2011 but since I quite my last program in canada (certificate program which I learn that it wasn't good enough to find a job so I stoped), it will be much harder for me to renew my CAQ
Crap college.

well, for the former selected, it is over, i just called the KCC & they erased our case number... it is over, just wait july 15...

c u july 15, all the thread for redraw, unfair & stuff are useless

Isn't the waiver is just for 3 months in year altogether?

nope, 3 months per stay.
they give you a card at the border, that card is you authorisation of staying in the country valid for 90 days. When you leave the country, you give it back before boarding the plane... So in fact, it is the card which has the limitation, not you, if you know you are coming back, keep the card but it will expire at the said date.

Humm, Some people won't give up

http://www.stabroeknews.com/2011/opinion/letters/05/16/us-green-card-lottery-will-be-redone/

Heard, Associated Press and MSNBC will soon flood the internet with the news.

I feel for everybody, both the first winners and none winners but mostly the first.

how can you feel for non winners, they are happy with that
http://www.stabroeknews.com/2011/opinion/letters/05/16/us-green-card-lottery-will-be-redone/

Heard, Associated Press and MSNBC will soon flood the internet with the news.

I feel for everybody, both the first winners and none winners but mostly the first.

Because fair selection is the foundation of dv lottery. But it will be cool to reconsider the first winners. i know some people will say "it is against the law, because it wasnt a fair selection". But i can tell you that nothing is more lawful than a letter or notification from the govt instructing you on a next step.

i did get the notification but what can we do?
Feel sorry for the bangladeshi ones who have the lowest chance of winning & got selected on may first

nope, 3 months per stay.
they give you a card at the border, that card is you authorisation of staying in the country valid for 90 days. When you leave the country, you give it back before boarding the plane... So in fact, it is the card which has the limitation, not you, if you know you are coming back, keep the card but it will expire at the said date.

Yep, I was over in 2009. They stuck that green card (not that kind) into my passport and they took it on the way back at boarding. I thought they keep record of your stay in their system.

yesn, they track you, when i re-entered the usa, the custom agent asked me what was i doing in buffallo 2 weeks ago (because my first entry was at the bufallo check point)
Yep, I was over in 2009. They stuck that green card (not that kind) into my passport and they took it on the way back at boarding. I thought they keep record of your stay in their system.

well, longer time that mean you overstay because even if it is the first time & overstay, the next time they will deny you the entry
If you come frequently for a longer time it is likeley that they deny you entry to the country.

Yeah it's a bit suspicious like and possibly conspicuous. It's not like I'm planning on doing that but it's still good to know.

No, that has nothing do do with overstaying. At a certain point they will ask how do you support yourself in the country, how it is possible that you have so much time off etc.