Just a thought why we all get fingerprinted...

karina

Registered Users (C)
They are probably doing the FPs just to figure out the true backlog of asylee adjustments that they have. If you think about it: they kill 2 birds wilth 1 stone:

1. I'm sure there are plenty of cases that have been abandoned, i.e. people got their green cards some other way...Marriage, employment etc.
So my point is, that those who do not come to have their FPs taken do not need to adjust as asylees any more. Those "abandoned" applications will make the backlog somewhat smaller and they will have a more clear picture.

2. On the other hand they will have the fingerprints in the database, as the computer with proper QA is a new way they collect them (earlier they had the FPs on paper only), so when they expire, people won't have to go and be fingerprinted again. All they have to do now is resend the FPs to FBI.

Makes sence? What do you guys think?

Karina,

What you are saying that once they have the fingerprints in the database then they don't need people to physically come over and give fingerprints over and over again make sense....

I know my brother had to submit Electronic fingerprints (Where they record your fingerprints in a screen) before he received his final approval. He has again received his FP request now....(I-485 , ND and RD is Mid March 2003)
Even though they have his FP in the system but they are requesting it again. This indicates that though they can have those FP checked with FBI database without applicants having to physically visit the office they have chosen a physical appearence again by the applicant.

If I am not mistaken I had read somewhere that FP results expires in 12-15 months and then they may require new FP checks....so those of us who have a long ways to go, may have to submit FP quiet a few times....In that scenario if they can check the FP without visits to the office that will be very beneficial

I am not against FP checks but it will make sense that once they have them electronically they should be able to request the results from FBI without any activity from the applicant....

Regards,

Exactly, they have the file in the database and, as we know, fingerprints stay the same...
Why do some folkas talk about fee for FPs?
I did not have to pay when I was fingerprinted on June 24, 2004.

Well guys even if you efile EAD now days , you have to be FP so i don't think expiration is the reason they FP again and again. My guess is they want to make sure the person is still alive and if he is dead they don't have to waste any more time on that case anymore.

karina said:
They are probably doing the FPs just to figure out the true backlog of asylee adjustments that they have. If you think about it: they kill 2 birds wilth 1 stone:

1. I'm sure there are plenty of cases that have been abandoned, i.e. people got their green cards some other way...Marriage, employment etc.
So my point is, that those who do not come to have their FPs taken do not need to adjust as asylees any more. Those "abandoned" applications will make the backlog somewhat smaller and they will have a more clear picture.

2. On the other hand they will have the fingerprints in the database, as the computer with proper QA is a new way they collect them (earlier they had the FPs on paper only), so when they expire, people won't have to go and be fingerprinted again. All they have to do now is resend the FPs to FBI.

Makes sence? What do you guys think?

if that is the case, then how come there are still awful alot of applicants havent get nothing?? not even a fp notice?

kelvin2088 said:
if that is the case, then how come there are still awful alot of applicants havent get nothing?? not even a fp notice?
It depends on your case worker and his/her efficiency

I filed for asylum longtime ago and my status was in limbo for years awaiting to see the immigration judge. Got approved Feb 2003. Filed for I-485 on Feb, 2004, had my FP taken on July 8th and on July 14th received an email saying the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received,
and processing has resumed on your case…
One thing I did was to provide detailed paper, (letter from employer, tax returns, etc) on all the supporting documents including the medical stuff. I think anytime ins has to requests additional paperwork, adds a delay. .. It has been a long painful wait..

peguin12 said:
I filed for asylum longtime ago and my status was in limbo for years awaiting to see the immigration judge. Got approved Feb 2003. Filed for I-485 on Feb, 2004, had my FP taken on July 8th and on July 14th received an email saying the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received,
and processing has resumed on your case…
One thing I did was to provide detailed paper, (letter from employer, tax returns, etc) on all the supporting documents including the medical stuff. I think anytime ins has to requests additional paperwork, adds a delay. .. It has been a long painful wait..

What state are you living now ?
I just wanted to know, because I filled I485 for my husband (RD April 04) and just wondering if he might get FP notice too