Jury duty?!

But of course! Instead of tossing it in the trash, like I usually do, I tried to fill out the questionnaire online. The moment I clicke on "I'm not a citizen", a message box popped up, stating that my questionnaire cannot be accepted online, due to the fact that I'm not a citizen. Oh well, hello trashcan!

Hi Vorpal,
after throwing away the jury questionnaire,
did they ever contact you ?
i suppose you are in NYC

I agree with Bobsmyth...

Send it back with NO private info whatsoever...Writing NOT A US CITIZEN in bold across would help to make it clear that you're not eligible to serve.

The reason they're asking for GC, and such is to verify that you are actually not a citizen and not just someone trying to avoid jury duty. However you don't need to provide that kind of info. You only provide that to CIS, CBP and other Law Enforcement.

Best way is to just call them up and tell them you aren't a citizen. I had to do that 2 times when I wasn't a citizen and got the summons. Easy...

Hi Vorpal,
after throwing away the jury questionnaire,
did they ever contact you ?
i suppose you are in NYC

You're correct, I'm from NYC. I've been getting jury duty questionnaires since I turned 18. I've always thrown them out. I'm now 30 and the only way they tried contacting me was by sending more questionnaires. A few times, I received a questionnaire that had a warning printed at the top, stating that I must appear in person, since I failed to return previous questionnaires by mail. I now realize that I made a big mistake. Had I returned the questionnaire and indicated that I'm not a citizen, they probably would have taken me off the potential juror rolls. Next time I get one, I'm out of luck!