Jury duty. Any impact in citizenship??

fliflop

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

My wife and me receivied a letter to do jury duty. We said that we weren´t US citizens and did it online. So we didn´t have any problem at that moment.

Do you guys received a jury duty in the previous 5 years??. Why have we receive that?? Any impact in citizenship because the have registed me to vote without knowing that?

You are doing a great job. I am reading post that I did´t think about it. Wooo
Thanks guys

The courts have residential address, but they don't know that status of the people who live there. From time to time, they send out those jury duty stuff...You are supposed to respont in some ways..if you are not citizen, all you need to say so..I receive it once and mailed back with an explanation that I was not a citizen...so don't worry... you are fine...

Many noncitizens, probably most adults who have lived in the US for more than 5 or 6 years with a visa or green card would have received a jury duty notice at least once. I got one when I was on H1B. Don't worry about it; it is not because they think you're a citizen. They take the names from property tax records, DMV, and other sources that aren't necessarily linked to citizenship; it's not just from the voter registration list.

I received three jury notices before I naturalised - each time I responded that I was not a citizen - and that was it. I think the procedure here in California was an automated phone call, then mail back the form with the same details. I have heard that the info for jury notices is pulled from DMV rolls. I know 100% it doe snot come from electoral rolls.

I received three jury notices before I naturalised - each time I responded that I was not a citizen - and that was it. I think the procedure here in California was an automated phone call, then mail back the form with the same details. I have heard that the info for jury notices is pulled from DMV rolls. I know 100% it doe snot come from electoral rolls.

Thanks,

I didn´t know that. Appreciate it