June'07 Bulletin - Lets Track EB3 I-485 Cases

TUKTUKAN, the reason I am given is that with the current movement of cutoff date, more than 10 employees have become eligible to apply for I485 and applying all of them in one month will trigger lot of RFEs and possibly rejections. I hate to be in such situation.

Why would there be any rejections when they apply for all?

What happens after you file your I-485 and within 180 days the company terminates your service. Is there a recourse for you.

If you leave in good terms and they dont revoke your i-140 you can invoke ac21 after 180 of i-485 pending.
The problem is if you get approval before that you must go back to that company but honestly with all the people that will be applying on Jun 1st I dont think anyone will get anything before 6 months

Did anybody else file after June 1st??

I was expecting lot of individuals will be eligible after June 1st, therefor there will be a good response to this thread....

Looks like there are only few of us .....no wonder there was a big jumb in the PD (I am not sure why they were holding the date so long :confused: )

Anyhow, I just did send my applications back to my attorney. Hopefully we could file it by early next week.

I would encourage everybody to post thier case details. It will definetly help all of us...as we limp from here

I was expecting lot of individuals will be eligible after June 1st, therefor there will be a good response to this thread....

Looks like there are only few of us .....no wonder there was a big jumb in the PD (I am not sure why they were holding the date so long :confused: )

Anyhow, I just did send my applications back to my attorney. Hopefully we could file it by early next week.

I would encourage everybody to post thier case details. It will definetly help all of us...as we limp from here

I'm sure there ARE a whole bunch of us. Maybe people will slowly come out of the woodwork. I just got a copy of my papers today, looks like my I-485 was filed on the 5th. I put my dates in my sig.

In case it helps anyone, my attorney actually filed:

Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative
I-485
G-325A Bibliographic information
2 Photos
medical report
photocopy of birth certificate
letter from employer confirming employment
copy of I-797 form confirming approval of I-140
copies of I-797 forms confirming approval of H1B visas (all three - initial visa approval and two 3-yr extensions)
copy of I-94 card

& paid $70 biometric fee and $325 I-485 fee. It was sent to Nebraska.

I was surprised that there was no copy of my passport, or any tax data from my employer. But my employer is big, and I know they filed tax data previously so maybe they don't have to prove that they can support me like maybe a small company would have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no receipt yet. I just got a copy of the filing papers from my attorney. They filed by Express Mail. I deal with another branch of the US Gov't in my job, and they always take the mailing date of Express Mail packages as the filing date - I guess I just assumed it would be the same way. Silly me! So my actual filing date will probably be a bit later than June 5th.

I'm sure there ARE a whole bunch of us. Maybe people will slowly come out of the woodwork. I just got a copy of my papers today, looks like my I-485 was filed on the 5th. I put my dates in my sig.

Glad to hear that...

Once filed, does it makes difference if a cases is EB2 or EB3?

I-485 Sent on 06/05/07

PD - EB3 June 2002
I140 approved - May 2006
I485 - 06/06/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in!

Filed 140/485 concurrenlty on Jun 4, 2007

Details in siggy

docs submitted:
Federal Income Tax filings for 2004-2006;
Birth Certificates
Marriage Certificate
Fresh copies of expired passports and new passports (in their entirety)
6 passport color photos each
My pay statements from March, April and May.
Sealed Medical Exams

For Spouse:
Copies of Forms I-797, and I-94 covering spouse's nonimmigrant visa status history
Spouse's most recent two months’ pay statements
Letter from spouse's employer confirming date of hire, job title, salary and benefits coverage (if any)

Good luck to all.

Filed 485 for myself and spouse

Please see my signature for details.

Waiting for Receipt Date for my 485, 131 and AP docs which was sent on 31st May to reach by 1st June.

I have one Question though, which center will be processing my case, will it be NSC or TSC, I am from NJ

-Virat.

Please see my signature for details.

Waiting for Receipt Date for my 485, 131 and AP docs which was sent on 31st May to reach by 1st June.

I have one Question though, which center will be processing my case, will it be NSC or TSC, I am from NJ

-Virat.

Virat,
I am surprised to notice that you are I are in a very similar situation. My PD is exactly as yours, I am from NJ too, and got the 140 approval around the same time as you. My attorney filed application to TSC- that's where my I140 was processed.

Let's keep in touch throughout the process. My AOS application was sent yesterday - waiting for the Receipt notice.

-GCKaIntezar

my info

PD: MARCH 2003
I140 APPROVED : SEP 05
I485 SENT: JUN 01 2007 Will update as soon as I get receipt numbers.
Texas is already sending receipt #s for Jun1st filers. Nsc yet to start.

My 485 papers were sent today to Texas Service Center

PD : May 2003
I 140 EB2 Approved Dec 2006
I 485 filed 06/07/07

Good luck everyone.
Does anyone know how long will it take for EAD to come and what all are future stages like.
When is it really DONE!!!!

count in me too

Hi,
I filed my I485 along with my spouse on June 5,2007 in EB2.

Does it make any difference between EB3 and EB2 filing?

I am from california. My attorney has sent it to NSC.

She said all I485 application should be send to NSC and they will share the cases with TSC. Is she right on this?

Virat,
I am surprised to notice that you are I are in a very similar situation. My PD is exactly as yours, I am from NJ too, and got the 140 approval around the same time as you. My attorney filed application to TSC- that's where my I140 was processed.

Let's keep in touch throughout the process. My AOS application was sent yesterday - waiting for the Receipt notice.

-GCKaIntezar
Thanks GCKaInt../la_lc_case. Mine was sent on 1st, i didnt bother to ask lawyer that where is he filing my 485, as only my HR talks to them directly. So unless critical i wont bother them. i hope everything goes well from now onward. my 140 was also approved from TSC

any idea how many visa numbers may be there this time. 2 yrs of advancement in PD is a lot, i know many of the EB3 cases were clreared till mid 2002 for most of the states, so effectively its only 1 yr of movemnt since retrogression started. Any thoughts.

I talked to my HR regarding receipt notice, she said it should come in 2 weeks or so.

Thanks GCKaInt../la_lc_case. Mine was sent on 1st, i didnt bother to ask lawyer that where is he filing my 485, as only my HR talks to them directly. So unless critical i wont bother them. i hope everything goes well from now onward. my 140 was also approved from TSC

any idea how many visa numbers may be there this time. 2 yrs of advancement in PD is a lot, i know many of the EB3 cases were clreared till mid 2002 for most of the states, so effectively its only 1 yr of movemnt since retrogression started. Any thoughts.

I talked to my HR regarding receipt notice, she said it should come in 2 weeks or so.

I heard some people getting the reciept notices from TSCs already (those who filed on June 1) so 2 weeks is a reasonable conservative estimate. i hope it comes sooner.

re: visa numbers availability this time, i agree with you that majority of the cases until Mid-02 were cleared from most states. But a good number of cases from NJ, NY, VA did go to the backlog centers, those cases (such as you and me) are going to file now.. DOS expects to move the dates further in next visa bulletin. Let's just hope they don't move it back again before the 2003 mark, or else it will be forever wait again.

I have a business travel to China in late July - not sure if i'll get the AP by then. Any ideas. My H1B extension is pending too, I hope I can get it stamped in Canada before my travel to China. Any ideas on the processing times for the APs?