June filers, aka 6er Group, please use this latest thread!!!

Good luck to 6ers who are still waitting for Approval

Got approval notice on Wednesday(4/17) and had PP stamped on Thursday morning.

I used to check AVM every day and hearing same message drove me crazy.
I stoped to check it from 4/9 since I felt so depressed. When my husband told me the good news on Sunday morning(4/14), I could not believe it. Keep you hopes up, it\'s the end of tunnel. Stay away from AVM for a week, hope the good news will come soon to you guys..

RD 6/23. RFE issued on 4/15.

I used to post as fingercrossed. Some how I can\'t post with that user name, so I re registered using a new name.
Anyhow, I checked AVM saying RFEs were issued for both my husband\'s and my case on 4/15. Haven\'t gotten them yet. Our attorney is on two weeks vacation. There is nothing we can do about it. I\'m not going to let this stupid green card thing ruin my life. We\'ll all get it sooner or later. I am gonna forget about the whole thing for a while and enjoy my life in this beautiful spring and the upcoming summer. Good luck to everybody.

Comments from imminfo.com about Security Check by INS!

Hi Guys,
Below are the comments posted by Ron Gotcher, Attorney at law regarding security check! I am posting it just for information sake not for scaring any one and ofcourse these are just comments
D-
Topic: Security Check for all petitions by INS (1 of 3), Read 6 times
Conf: Adjustment of Status Issues
Date: Sunday, April 21, 2002 08:02 AM

Hi Ron:
I heard about security check for all petitions by INS. What does it mean? Do you think it would delay processing of 485 applications further. Comment please.
Thanks
D-

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Delete | Edit
Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic: Security Check for all petitions by INS (2 of 3), Read 5 times
Date: Sunday, April 21, 2002 09:06 AM

Honestly, I don\'t know what effect, if any, this will have on INS processing. I do know that the INS has a perfectly horrible record when it comes to performing background checks. In the past, they seemed utterly unable to run a simple background check on adjustment applicants. In the end, they just stopped doing them. They got caught by Congress a few years ago and the result was a ten month suspension of adjustment of status processing.

I don\'t mean to suggest that the same thing might happen again, and I certainly don\'t want to be the source of any crazy rumors about definite new processing slowdowns. My point is that the INS has a history of being unable to perform their required duties. Given that this new requirement seems to encompass not only adjustment cases, but ALL matters filed with them except citizenship matters, I have to think that it will have an effect on their production.

To give you some idea of how miserably incompetent they are, contrast the adjustment of status production of the four INS service centers with the immigrant visa work done by the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez Mexico. The post at Juarez not only handles more immigrant matters each year than the four INS service centers combined, but does it with about one tenth the staff. Also, Juarez handles mostly family based cases, which are incredibly messy (with all of the affidavit of support issues), where the INS service centers handle employment based cases (where the interviews are waived). What does that tell you about the INS?

Who knows? Given that they are supposed to be reorganizing, perhaps they will find a way to actually get their work done.

Ron Gotcher
The Gotcher Law Group, PC
Attorneys at Law
15300 Ventura Boulevard., Suite 507
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Tel: 818-990-4922
Fax: 818-990-4964
e-mail: JRG@Gotcherlaw.com

Notwithstanding any express or implied comments in the body of this message, nothing herein should be construed as legal advice, solicitation of legal services, or the creation of an attorney-client relationship. If you have a complex problem, you should seek individual legal representation from a competent immigration lawyer.

Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Delete | Edit
Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic: Security Check for all petitions by INS (3 of 3), Read 1 times
Date: Sunday, April 21, 2002 10:43 AM

Thanks a lot Ron for your comments! of course I am really scared by hearing about INS\'s track record! Let us just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!
Thanks
D-

Almost 11 months still waiting

My details are:

eb2/vsc/india

pd - 03/24/2000
rd - 06/01/2001
nd - 08/03/2001
fp - 01/17/2002
eac-01-238-xxxxx

thanks -mkbalusa

Guys, It is quite strange, There is no approvals for this group.

Did anyone talk to officer recently, i mean this week? I think everone got stuck for some or no reason.

green

Looks like we have to wait for some more time, but I am glad

that atleast some of the people are getting approved! I was scared for fewdays...........

Still the same old message!!

I checked after almost a week hoping to hear a change!! any approvals 6ers...

No Title

Well, after long pause some approvals are coming, but none of them are for June RDs ( or May or April for that matter). Mostly July cases.. Hopefully it will change soon.

If u see the approvals of July they are from early July now, may be they

are coming in a descending order, I think our turn will come soon!