June 2012 N-400 Tracker

An update. My immigration journey has finally come to an end. I took oath on Saturday and after 15 years in the US of A, I'm finally a citizen! Thanks for all the support folks. It's been rough at times but N400 has been the smoothest of the filings. Good luck all! You're be there soon too.

Congratulations.. Do take advantage of your new rights and do some voting..

Hi,
Did any of you took the tax returns for 5 yrs for the interview ? The N-659 Naturalization Interview Document Checklist doesnt mention it, but Form G1151 says to carry transcripts for 5 yrs.

To SWaiting

Hi,
Did any of you took the tax returns for 5 yrs for the interview ? The N-659 Naturalization Interview Document Checklist doesnt mention it, but Form G1151 says to carry transcripts for 5 yrs.

My understanding is that unless there are some issues such as long absences (e.g., over 6 months in a trip) from the U.S. after getting the GC, tax returns are not necessary. I was asking the same question to a friend yesterday. He carried the 5 year tax return transcripts to his interview last year (in LA) but the officer did not ask for it. Nevertheless, you can order the transcripts online from IRS free of cost, if you want - they arrive in 5-10 business days: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

Glad some folks are moving through :)

NONRIR2001 - that's a major bummer. March? That's over 6 months! I know the expected time is up to 5 months... but wow. If they don't catch up some, you're looking at after the first of the year :(

I see the national average is now 5.1 months. The goal is 5. According to the USCIS website, my DO is averaging 5 months.

Nothing in the mail today either. Maybe tomorrow :)

Can you provide a link to where this information is?

My understanding is that unless there are some issues such as long absences (e.g., over 6 months in a trip) from the U.S. after getting the GC, tax returns are not necessary. I was asking the same question to a friend yesterday. He carried the 5 year tax return transcripts to his interview last year (in LA) but the officer did not ask for it. Nevertheless, you can order the transcripts online from IRS free of cost, if you want - they arrive in 5-10 business days: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

Hi akayal1973,
do you know if the account transcript will be enough or it preferable to get the tax return transcript? Thanks,

My citizenship journey is over and a new journey as US citizen has just started today (I took oath at Campbell, CA this morning - the process lasted about an hour and half).
This forum (along with immigration-law.com) has been a great source of information on my immigration journey involving H1B/I140/I485(Green card)/N400(US Citizenship) lasting all the way from 2000 to 2012. I am very grateful to all who helped me in this process either directly or indirectly by sharing their experiences at various stages
Good luck to all here.

Actually my mother is applying for citizenship. She is retired and has no source of income. I claim her as a dependant on my tax return.
She took 2 trip outside US for 8 months each since she got the LPR. She has been in US for last 5 years.
She lives with us so no mortgage or rent receipts. I have been a US Citizen for quite a while.

The checklist says :
If you have taken any trip outside the United States that lasted six months or more since becoming a Permanent Resident, send
evidence that you (and your family) continued to live, work and/or keep ties to the United States, such as:
a) An IRS tax return “transcript” or an IRS-certified tax return listing tax information for the last five years
b) Rent or mortgage payments and pay stubs."

When they ask for proof for continuous stay, What else can be submitted ?

Thanks

Finally some change!

Finally changed to line for interview!

Sooooooooooo HAPPY! :)

06/08/2012 - N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX (DO - Irving, TX)
06/11/2012 - N 400 received
06/14/2012 - Checks cashed
06/23/2012 - Finger print letter received
06/25/2012 - Finger printing done (walk in)
09/18/2012 - Online Status changed to in line for interview
XX/XX/2012 - Interview letter received
XX/XX/2012 - Interview done -
XX/XX/2012 - Oath letter -
XX/XX/2012 - Oath done -

akayal1973,
thanks for the link. I ordered the transcripts just in cas.

Original documents

Jinny 6061, were you stuck in name check?

No, National Benefits Center was having hard time locating my original green card documents.

My background check was done back in July..

Hope I can get interview letter soooon. :)

Well, this is new. Checked my status online this morning. Previously, it said that as of July 30th I was in line for interview scheduling, and if I didn't receive a notice within 30 days to call. I did call after the 30 days (haven't had a call back yet).

Today, it's the same message EXCEPT it say if I haven't received a notice within 90 days. NINETY days! ACK! So that puts me at the end of October, maybe, at best. :(

Bummed.....

Grashoppr

Grahoppr, I just checked my status again after reading your message and you are right. Same for me. They changed the notice to say that if you have not heard within 90 days.... (from 30)... Ugh... I can't believe it. I am "In line for scheduling an interview" since August 3 and I still have not heard back anything. I got the YL the other day but I understand that's unrelated to the scheduling. I was hoping to get the interview in October and the oath in Oct or early Nov. sigh. I know I am in the NYC but still. Which DO are you? I can't believe it's taking this long. I called them twice, once they said they are putting in request, but so far nothing. I wonder if the number changed because of the backlog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my interview and same day oath today at Farifax.

Thanks every one for your help. I wish everyone waiting good luck.

06/18/12 Day 00 N-400 mailed
06/19/12 Day 01 N-400 delivered to Texax Lockbox
06/19/12 Day 01 N-400 priority date
06/22/12 Day 04 Check cashed
06/22/12 Day 04 NOA email/Text received
06/25/12 Day 07 NOA mail received
06/28/12 Day 10 FP Sent
07/02/12 Day 14 FP notice received
07/03/12 Day 15 FP done - walkin
07/12/12 Day 24 In line for interview
08/13/12 Day 56 Scheduled for interview
08/15/12 Day 59 IL received
09/19/12 Day 91 Interview
09/19/12 Day 91 Same day Oath

Lalmba

Congratulations, Lalmba!!

Athena - I'm in Atlanta. Things have been stop and go here for the last several months. Prior to June of this year things seemed to move along fairly consistently - at least per the trackitt.com site. Then in June things seem to have ground to a halt. There have been a few getting through here and there, 3 on trackitt had interviews in ATL on Monday (2 of whom couldn't get a decision made right away). Another is waiting for a judicial oath (name change).

One has/had an interview today (they haven't posted yet).

The three who had interivews Monday, applied in March. The one today applied March 31st.

One who applied in early April has interview scheduled 10/2.

One who applied in June, a week before me, has their interview scheduled for 10/4, and one applied just after me, has hers on Tuesday (hers is for married to member of the military - I can understand if that goes through faster.)

So they're kind of all over the place here. Not sure why.

To Grasshopr - thanks, at least I feel I am not alone.... NYC seems to be moving really slow. Even the project time is 6+ months. According to Trackitt, peoople who filed in May are now getting IL for October interviews. I keep hoping it will switch over to June soon... One or two people with June filings just got IL in the last few days, but at least one of them has DO in Long Island, which is bound to be faster than NYC. I keep checking my status but so far no change. well, hopefully it will change for both of us soon. I already have Christmas plans so need to get my passport by then.