June 2012 N-400 Tracker

On Sunday status changed to Interview Scheduled

Today i.e. on Sunday on 09/09/2012, my wife's application status has changed to Interview scheduled. I am surprised that status has changed on the week end. I am unable to remember any such week end incident since 1999 or 2000 when journey started with USCIS for H1, etc.

Today i.e. on Sunday on 09/09/2012, my wife's application status has changed to Interview scheduled. I am surprised that status has changed on the week end. I am unable to remember any such week end incident since 1999 or 2000 when journey started with USCIS for H1, etc.

My guess is that interview was probably scheduled on Friday but it is just a system lag such that the status on the computer changed today.

Interview Update

An update. Passed with interview (@ DC local office in Fairfax) and now the oath is scheduled for coming Saturday morning. :)
Whole interview lasted about 20/25 min. Regular Civic questions followed by verifications regarding if all info is current regarding where you work, live, etc. And what was the last trip out of country. Officer was firm but polite. No chit chats.
Only nerve wrecking part was that I'd mentioned a couple of traffic tickets. One from last year and another from 6 years back. She asked of proof of payment which was the only thing I did not have. :) Funny how that works. But the outcome was good since I offered to and she agreed to let me come back the same day and get the info.

Once I gave the info, she gave me the oath letter. Sigh! Good Luck everyone.

Congrats DcMetro22042,

Quick question, how did you manage to provide the proof of payment? I don't think I have kept a proof of payments of all the tickets that I have mentioned. Any thoughts on how I can get that proof? Clearly, I have paid fines for all the ones I was at fault for.

Feedback greatly appreciated. Also, excited to hear that Oath for you is so soon after the interview.

Thanks.

An update. Passed with interview (@ DC local office in Fairfax) and now the oath is scheduled for coming Saturday morning. :)
Whole interview lasted about 20/25 min. Regular Civic questions followed by verifications regarding if all info is current regarding where you work, live, etc. And what was the last trip out of country. Officer was firm but polite. No chit chats.
Only nerve wrecking part was that I'd mentioned a couple of traffic tickets. One from last year and another from 6 years back. She asked of proof of payment which was the only thing I did not have. :) Funny how that works. But the outcome was good since I offered to and she agreed to let me come back the same day and get the info.

Once I gave the info, she gave me the oath letter. Sigh! Good Luck everyone.

Congrats DcMetro22042,

Quick question, how did you manage to provide the proof of payment? I don't think I have kept a proof of payments of all the tickets that I have mentioned. Any thoughts on how I can get that proof? Clearly, I have paid fines for all the ones I was at fault for.

Feedback greatly appreciated. Also, excited to hear that Oath for you is so soon after the interview.

Thanks.

Well, checking traffic violations is public information on most court websites, at least in DC area. I just searched for my tickets and printed out the page since it is updated after the prepayment or fine or after court date. In my case, I had one of each and it clearly mentioned fines paid. That's all the officer was interested in. I would suggest that you take that info with you too.
As for oath, yes..am very excited that it's soon. Although I've heard from many sources including my officer that it's a norm during election year. Some have to work Saturdays and more oaths are scheduled to get more voters.
Good luck on your interview.

Well, checking traffic violations is public information on most court websites, at least in DC area. I just searched for my tickets and printed out the page since it is updated after the prepayment or fine or after court date. In my case, I had one of each and it clearly mentioned fines paid. That's all the officer was interested in. I would suggest that you take that info with you too.
As for oath, yes..am very excited that it's soon. Although I've heard from many sources including my officer that it's a norm during election year. Some have to work Saturdays and more oaths are scheduled to get more voters.
Good luck on your interview.

Thank you much for the information. I will do so as well just in case. I agree with your logic on the Oath as well. Hopefully, its faster for everyone on this forum.

Best of luck

I filed my citizenship Lewisville, TX and my DO is Irving, TX.

I applied my citizenship 06/11, finger print 06/25 and no change ever since.

I visited infopass and the officer told me that National Benefit Center requested

my green card documents on 08/20 but I do not see any update.

Does anyone experience this kind of situation?

How long do you guys thinking it will take NBC to retrieve my documents?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Called USCIS again and they told me National benefits center created temporary file for my case.

What is that suppose to mean?

Is my case getting reviewed?

Please help!!

06/08/2012 - N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX (DO - Irving, TX)
06/11/2012 - N 400 received
06/14/2012 - Checks cashed
06/23/2012 - Finger print letter received
06/25/2012 - Finger printing done (walk in)
XX/XX/2012 - Interview letter received
XX/XX/2012 - Interview done -
XX/XX/2012 - Oath letter -
XX/XX/2012 - Oath done -

Spouse Case

Filed Spouse's N-400 recently:

Permanent Resident: 10/10/2007
N-400 Fedexed: 09/05/2012
Acceptance: 09/06/2012
SMS and E-mail: 09/10/2012 (routed to NBC)
Check Cashed: 09/10/2012
FP scheduled E-mail: 09/11/2012
FP notice received: xx/xx/xxxx

Hi Jinny,

I called the INS today and they said the same status as what I see online. When asked why taking this long, they said it is going thru normal processing time.

Is there some other number or question I should ask to get more information ?

Thanks

I asked for 2nd tier and they tell you more detail information.

2nd tier just have more access to the information but I do not think that is enough.

Hi Jinny,

I called the INS today and they said the same status as what I see online. When asked why taking this long, they said it is going thru normal processing time.

Is there some other number or question I should ask to get more information ?

Thanks

I asked for 2nd tier and they tell you more detail information.

2nd tier just have more access to the information but I do not think that is enough.

Jinny,
My timeline is similar. Just 1 week ahead of you in FP.

I was very frustrated almost 3 months after FP and no update.

My wife and I applied same day , her interview is done and already set for oath next week.

N400
PD June 7th
FP June 19th

Called and talked to tier 2 Mid August. Agent said background check was pending.
Went to infopass Sep 6th. Agent said case of transferred to MO and he couldn't tell more. He opened a request in their system for me.

Just today status changed online to testing and interview.

Hi all,

Just checking if there is anyone with a pending case in New York City. My case seems to have come to a standstill after FP. I filed June 4, had FP done on July 23. On August 3, my status was changed online as being put in line for scheduling for interview, but nothing since then. I called USCIS twice, first, about a week ago, and was told just to wait, then, today again, and was told that a request is being sent for an update for an interview, and I should hear back within 15 days. Anyone has experience with this request? Interestingly, it was not mentioned on my first call. Anyone with the same time delay in their case?

Thanks.

Hi Jinny,

Congrats for your interview. I hoping I get the interview atleast in 3 months. Question - When you call INS how do you ask for tier 2 support ? Also can you request infopass if your process is within standard timeline ?

Thanks

Jinny,
My timeline is similar. Just 1 week ahead of you in FP.

I was very frustrated almost 3 months after FP and no update.

My wife and I applied same day , her interview is done and already set for oath next week.

N400
PD June 7th
FP June 19th

Called and talked to tier 2 Mid August. Agent said background check was pending.
Went to infopass Sep 6th. Agent said case of transferred to MO and he couldn't tell more. He opened a request in their system for me.

Just today status changed online to testing and interview.

An update: Interview is on Oct 09, 2012

My spouse case.

GC-EB1EA-Dependent-August 2007
06/11/12: N-400 FedExed to Phoenix, AZ (Day 0)
06/12/12: Package delivered (Day 1)
06/14/12: Received and routed to NBC (Email notification) (Day 3)
06/16/12: NOA Received (Day 5)
06/19/12: FP notice sent (Day 8)
06/23/12: FP notice Recd. for July 13 (Day 12)
07/06/12: FP done (Day 25)
07/30/12: In line for Interview Scheduling (Day 49)
09/04/12: Interview Scheduled (Day 84)
09/12/12: IL recd. Interview date: Oct 09, 2012 (Day 92)

Hi Jinny,

Congrats for your interview. I hoping I get the interview atleast in 3 months. Question - When you call INS how do you ask for tier 2 support ? Also can you request infopass if your process is within standard timeline ?

Thanks

I am in line for scheduling. Interview not scheduled yet.

When you call uscis after the rep gives you the status information ask to transfer to level 2 officer and you will be transferred to level 2 officer. I tried 2 times and I was was transferred both times to level 2 officers. Only 1 was helpful , the other one just said do you want to open a request. I said no and went to infopass.

Yes, You can take infopass even if your process is within standard time. There was no restriction on USCIS.gov site where you can make the infopass appointment.

Updated in Signature...Received email from USCIS

Seems like you have been on an express lane or something..

My DO is also Long Island City, NY

I applied on 06/27/12

received confirmation on 07/12/12
FPL on 07/15/12
FPD on 08/03/12

Still waiting for IL

Surprised with these walk-in FPs

Man!!! I am like what the F***** right now. (please excuse my language I am just excited to know how adventures you guys are)

For the past half hour I have been reading all about you guys just doing walk-in FP.
I am like come on why the hell did I not know about this website before.

I waited like 20+ days for my FP from the day the letter was sent to me.
I am like very jealous of you guys right now..

Anyway all things happen for good reason..

My sis is scheduled for 29th of this month to do her FP I might just advise her to do a walk-in cause else she might have to skip two of her classes.

I was checking the status of my case online and since I was there I checked my younger brothers status as well and turns out that they have him scheduled for oath ceremony. I presume it might happen in November, because when he went for his interview some people were scheduled for Nov oath ceremony and he might be in that group as well..

Best of luck to all..

Walk-ins are allowed at the discretion of your support center. I took a chance when I had mine done - I was in the area on other matters (it's 30+ miles from my home/work) and it was a quiet day so they allowed me in, and I was in and out in 15 minutes. Others have been turned away when it wasn't their appointed day - so just be aware you may get lucky, or you may not.

Still nothing to update here - still no IL yet, no status change online, and no call back yet further to my inquiry by phone on Aug. 31st.

Walk-ins are allowed at the discretion of your support center. I took a chance when I had mine done - I was in the area on other matters (it's 30+ miles from my home/work) and it was a quiet day so they allowed me in, and I was in and out in 15 minutes. Others have been turned away when it wasn't their appointed day - so just be aware you may get lucky, or you may not.

Still nothing to update here - still no IL yet, no status change online, and no call back yet further to my inquiry by phone on Aug. 31st.

Thanks for the info, point noted.

Also, I would want you to have some patience. My brother had to wait more than 2 months for IL after his FP and today hopefully he will receive his oath ceremony letter..