June 2011 Filers

2much2handle, don't worry! I had the same story with my case status online, but I got my green card 2 days ago! exactly 2 weeks after the interview! so you are getting your really soon!

Hi June people
Yesterday afternoon I received my actual Green Card , but my picture on it is Black and white , isn't it that strange? Expiration day on the card is two years from the interview date. The welcome letter arrived two days before the actual card the same day when I had e-mail notification that my card is on the way. On Aug.31 I got two letters one for I-485(welcome) and another for I-130 approval. I think to receive the actual green card usually takes like 10 days, but every case is different. Good luck !!

Last edited by a moderator:
2much2handle, don't worry! I had the same story with my case status online, but I got my green card 2 days ago! exactly 2 weeks after the interview! so you are getting your really soon!

Thank you for your answer and congratulations on receiving your green card!!! :)

Hi June people
Yesterday afternoon I received my actual Green Card , but my picture on it is Black and white , isn't it that strange? Expiration day on the card is two years from the interview date. The welcome letter arrived two days before the actual card the same day when I had e-mail notification that my card is on the way. On Aug.31 I got two letters one for I-485(welcome) and another for I-130 approval. I think to receive the actual green card usually takes like 10 days, but every case is different. Good luck !!

morty, congratulations!!! How exciting!!! :)

Unfortunately no green card for me in the mail today... but I got a letter from Social Security Administration saying that I will receive my social security number within 2 weeks! :) Whew, thank God - I was worried that it will not go through since I didn't have the actual green card. It looks like luck is again on my side ;)

Good luck, guys! Hoping to hear some good news from others soon! I'm going back to studying Nursing Fundamentals... my brain is already numb and it's only the 1st week of the semester! Ouch!

... but I got a letter from Social Security Administration saying that I will receive my social security number within 2 weeks!

How did u request your Social Security without EAD card ?

congrats morty .... mine also has the black &white photo and the actual card is green again compared to previous years where they were white .

so i guess it will be a photo finish on tuesday for 2much2handle,sfbay,pandya lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
How did u request your Social Security without EAD card ?

I don't need EAD card, because I've already been approved for the green card and it's just a matter of few days and I will receive actual green card in the regular mail :)
I didn't even apply for the EAD card. Green card is enough - and in my case stamp in the passport (saying that I was granted a 10-year green card) was enough to request social security number :) Hope this clarifies everything for you.

matt1256, I hope you are right ;) And thank God that pictures are black and white, because I didn't turn out pretty on my green card picture LOL

hey guys i hadn't been able to view the forum. CONGRATULATIONS to all of you on receiving your GCs and to those waiting on decision, don't worry things will turn out just fine. And i am still waiting, it's been more than 30 days since USCIS received my RFE and still haven't heard anything back! Must have patience. It is nice to see that June filers are moving along and almost done with this process.

Julias522, you should definately consider calling them. You and I have similar timeline. I sent my RFE back two weeks after you did but I received my IL almost 3 weeks ago. From what I have seen on this board it generally takes about two weeks from the time USCIS receives you RFE to the time you get IL. Good luck. I have updated my timeline in case it helps. The timeline may not be exact. I am in FL.

Thankks for your response guys. I actually hadn't called because I remember reading having to wait 60 days. I just called and yes, I have to wait 60 days before calling for an update. Well it'lll be 60 days soon, hopefully I hear something while I wait.

dantuin, congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!! :)

Guys, I just got back from my first day of clinicals all exhausted and stuff, but I GOT MY GREEN CARD!!! YAYYY!!! It came today in the mail while I was trying to study hard ;) So I am officially done and the next step will be obtaining citizenship in 3 years :)

Good luck to the rest of us and I'll keep my fingers crossed for each one of you! Thanks for all the help and support!!!

@matt, @sfbay, @2much2handle, @dantuin, @saywhat, @ananga73, @morty, @sonao, @temmi, @velvet tuberose, @desp1234, @mantikos, @mauilani, @julias522, @good-luck, @adnanusa and all friends: Thank you all for your help and support.
All of my friends in here : congratulations on Approval/receiving your green card. I also received my in mail GC today. USPS has lousy service, it took so many days for USPS to deliver since my card was mailed. It takes a lot of time for mails to reach to NYC!! and mail was all wet and stained:mad: But thank God card is intact and text is legible!!
For all who is waiting on their interview: My good wishes are with you and Good luck.
I will check this forum once in a while to contribute. Those who has their CR6 GC, I'll definitely return in 2013 to file I-751. For those who received their 10 yr GC, I'll join you in 2014 for N-400 process;)