June 2011 Filers

got EAD/AP in mail today...however AP is kinda joke they say in the letter with it...your entry is not guaranteed, so why someone would want to go out of the country with AP ;-)

Your entry is not guaranteed with a visa either. A visa is a mere proof that you are "eligible" to enter into the country, but it's still up to the entry point inspector to decide whether you'll be allowed in. It's practically the same amount of risk. One caveat with AP is that it should be used only in emergencies. So if you went for a cruise at Bahamas using your AP and the POE officer wants to mess with you, s/he can give you a hard time a lot easier.

I used AP multiple times to get into the country and never been questioned. They were valid reasons to travel but weren't for dire emergencies.

Congrats ThePandya! I got the combo card to and I don't understand why they would approve AP when I believe I overstayed my visa and if I'm not mistaken I won't be allowed back into country even if I have AP, correct??

That is correct.

Congrats ThePandya! I got the combo card to and I don't understand why they would approve AP when I believe I overstayed my visa and if I'm not mistaken I won't be allowed back into country even if I have AP, correct??

yup!! don't mess with this thing..stay here till you get your GC unless you are in situation in which you have to go out of US even at cost of GC!! and congrats!

@saywhat: yup, i know with visa one is not eligible either and i agree with you completely...what I was trying to say is with valid visa and one's frequency of visiting US 99.9% every one is welcome. Most of the people coming to US with visa will know that how much chance they have to enter and also peace of mind. However some people getting AP might not have easy stay(overstay, illegal immigration etc..) in US.... so if US gov want to be easy, people appearing for interview should be approved AP without conditions or else just reject it!! I know its system and laws etc....this is just my opinion!!

@mraman010311 yup its funny :-D

@matt A BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, Morty. You will do fine. Good Luck!:)
What is your native language?

Velvet my Interview date is less than 10 days, and already start to bite my nails :)Wish me luck! I hope do not be complicated because the both of us we have different mother tongue language than English.

Congratulations, Matt!
How does it feel to be a permanent resident?

wwooooooohooooo interview done and approved and IO said i will have my green card in 2 weeks tops...... ... thats the short version lol..

So my appt. was for 11:30 am i get there around 10 am {way too early} from what i saw each IO gets specific cases for that day and is not a random first come first serve basis. I saw a few people who came way after me get called in ahead and so forth.So i asked the receptionist and she explained that the system is as such that each IO handles cases to case basis.So after waiting 2.5 hrs we get called in finally.IO was very nice and friendly middle aged guy. he asked me a few basic questions name old addresses , my full name my wifes full name when we got married. The standard questions on the 485 about being a terrorist or a member od any etc. .The one question that i was sure to listen for was " did you ever misrepresent or lie about being a citizen to get a job ? " AND DEFINITE ANSWER TO THAT IS NO.Cause if I am not mistaken that is a ban waiting to happen .But he did ask the question and i answered no and it was very easy going.

All in all the intervieW took about ten minutes aNn in the middle of that he paused and looked at me and asked you see what I am doing? He was holding a stamp in his hand and he said I am approving your I130 right now and your 485 as well.I will put it in the computer as soon as you Leave and you will see an update today . And he asked if i have questions and if not we are all good to go.he walked as out and said good luck you will have your card in two weeks.

And as we were walking to the car parking garage I got the text for case updates. AWESOME.

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement through this process.NOW I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL WITH A WWWOOOOHOOOOO MESSAGE SOON !!!!!

And to answer Velvet's question , it feels freakin great to be permanent finally.

Thank God I got an email for my interview which is going to be on Sep 22, 2011 in Helena, Montana. Anyone has or had his interview in Montana?

congratulations matt1256!!! so happy for you :)

and i have an update!! EAD received today yay!! :)
now to wait for interview letter...

Thank God I got an email for my interview which is going to be on Sep 22, 2011 in Helena, Montana. Anyone has or had his interview in Montana?

Congratulations, guys!!! So nice to see that our thread is moving forward with so many updates and good news :)

Guys, I have a quick question for you. Since my interview date is approaching very fast, I started preparing all documents that can possibly prove that we are a "real deal" marriage. Of course, what came first to my mind was to include a bank statement which we receive every month, to show that we have the same account (on both of our names). The problem is that we are basically poor - with having 2 kids, paying mortgage, and double price for my never ending school, it is impossible for us to save any money (with only my husband's salary). While filling out affidavit of support we gave the information how much money my husband makes and it was apparently enough, because we didn't have any problem with that. My question is - is it safe to show our bank statement for the period of July 15-August 15 with a beginning balance of $932 and ending balance of $17.64? LOL I'm just scared that they will not give me my green card because my husband doesn't have any savings (we do not have any savings) and we basically live from paycheck to paycheck, but it is enough to pay for everything including my school. What do you think? Should I just leave the bank statement at home or is it okay to take it?

Do not worry about the amount in the account. 50% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. What is important is that both your names are on the account AND it is showing some activity of deposits and withdrawals. If possible direct deposit from your jobs , but if not possible that is also fine.
So far as you satisfied the conditions of I-864 [Affidavit of support], it doesn’t matter even if your account has a zero balance

Congratulations, guys!!! So nice to see that our thread is moving forward with so many updates and good news :)

Guys, I have a quick question for you. Since my interview date is approaching very fast, I started preparing all documents that can possibly prove that we are a "real deal" marriage. Of course, what came first to my mind was to include a bank statement which we receive every month, to show that we have the same account (on both of our names). The problem is that we are basically poor - with having 2 kids, paying mortgage, and double price for my never ending school, it is impossible for us to save any money (with only my husband's salary). While filling out affidavit of support we gave the information how much money my husband makes and it was apparently enough, because we didn't have any problem with that. My question is - is it safe to show our bank statement for the period of July 15-August 15 with a beginning balance of $932 and ending balance of $17.64? LOL I'm just scared that they will not give me my green card because my husband doesn't have any savings (we do not have any savings) and we basically live from paycheck to paycheck, but it is enough to pay for everything including my school. What do you think? Should I just leave the bank statement at home or is it okay to take it?

Last edited by a moderator:
update!!!

Just got an email alert that my I-485 has been moved to "testing and interview" , and they have send a letter to me. Interview on 21st September.

Thanks everyone for the support and good luck to all.

Waiting for EAD approval now,

Thanks

hi there

i didnot know about the NOA form so i sent my documents without it. sent date was august 9th and they received it on 10th august according to usps tracking. I found this site after i submitted my document. I can see here people talking about sending proofs of documents but i didnot see any where written in the forms that they need proof right now with the package. I am really worried how am i going to track if my documents are being processed right now or not. I would really appreciate if someone could give me any suggestions here.

Received the EAD and AP combo card today. It's almost a waste since it's only 10 days away from GC interview on 08/29. To make it more useful, I am gonna use it to renew my driver license next week before i turn it in at interview. :)

Won't that be even more wasteful ;)since then they will give you a driver license which expires in one year [expiry date of the EAD] instead of one which expires in five years if you take your green card instead?

Received the EAD and AP combo card today. It's almost a waste since it's only 10 days away from GC interview on 08/29. To make it more useful, I am gonna use it to renew my driver license next week before i turn it in at interview. :)

HI guys!
Wanted to share my interview experience with you!
I filed everything on June 13, 2011. My interview was August 17, a few days ago. So, the appointment was at 9.45am, we got there like an hour earlier. When we got to the waiting area I noticed that all couples were separated and the citizens went in first. Around 10am we were called in, and we went together(we were ready to go separately:)).The officer was a middle age guy, was very serious, but very professional. He asked us for my passport and took my I-94 right away( I am the applicant) and for the ID for my husband, confirmed the address where we live. Then he asked how we met, Went through all the forms really fast. Then we asked for a everyday pictures, looked through everything, but didn't ask any questions. After that he asked about a joint account, I was taking the paperwork from my folder, but he just asked my husband how much was on the account, and he didn't even take a look at the statements. Then we stated chatting about how I am trying to get my husband eating healthy as that's what I am studying for. Then he asked where we stayed this night, we told him funny stories that happened at the hotel. At this moment the atmosphere changed and we talked more about random stuff. He just told me that I am getting my card in 2 weeks, asked if I have any questions, and that was it! It took like 10 minutes!Everything was really fast and pleasant! The officer was really nice!I noticed though that the couples they separated before us were in the offices behind the glass doors, while we were taken to one of the cubicles, and at the area where the cubicles were, there were almost no people!
So, we got approved, we took 3 huge folders of stuff, 2 photo albums, a box with cards, wedding invitations, gifts from my husband! But we were not asked for anything except for the Joint account. And when the officer was asking questions(which he wasn't addressing me or my husband) we were answering together, we were just ending each other's sentences. Which I think helped us a lot. So, guys, don't be afraid of the interviews!
And I wanted to say thank you everybody for your help and answers! I love this forum, I did the whole process by myself, no lawyers, no friends' help, as nobody has experience. I just used this forum. Thank you all!!!
And I wish everybody luck, as a lot of June filers' interviews are coming soon!
Thanks!!!