June 2011 Filers

desp1234

Registered Users (C)
I sent my I-130 & I-485 yesterday, haven't found a thread so decided to start one

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

I've been waiting for this thread ;) Hopefully it's a lucky one :)
I didn't file my papers yet, but almost everything is ready and on Monday I'm going to send my packet. It's sooo exciting!!!

Good luck!!!

Hello, everyone!
I have sent my I-130, I-485 and I-765 this morning via USPS priority mail. The lady from the post office told me that the package will be arriving at Chicago lockbox on Monday.
The waiting game has begun. Patience, patience and patience...
:)

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.

Ok, so I've sent my papers today. It should be delivered tomorrow before noon.

I have a question. Did you guys have any problems with printing out form I-130? I'm talking specifically about 2nd page of this form. For some reason I couldn't print out the barcode on the bottom of the second page of the form. It printed out only "half" of the barcode - you know, like a tiny line, not a thick one. I thought that maybe I've downloaded some old version of the form or something, so I went online and printed out that form directly from the USCIS website and still that one barcode wasn't printing out the way it should. All other forms were printed out perfectly, so I'm guessing there is something wrong with a form :confused: Any suggestions, please?

I printed the same form and didn't have any problems.
How long does it take to send us the NOAs? Does anybody have any ideea?

Well, thanks for the answer. For some reason I had problem with only this one page. I hope they will not send it back to me because of it since I filled out everything correctly on the form.

As far as NOAs go - I'm not sure how long it takes for the GC. My husband received NOA for his citizenship process within 1 week, but it was much easier process, so here it may take longer. I think that first they will send text message/e-mail (if you asked for it) and cash a check which will be a sign that papers got accepted :)

Well, thanks for the answer. For some reason I had problem with only this one page. I hope they will not send it back to me because of it since I filled out everything correctly on the form.

As far as NOAs go - I'm not sure how long it takes for the GC. My husband received NOA for his citizenship process within 1 week, but it was much easier process, so here it may take longer. I think that first they will send text message/e-mail (if you asked for it) and cash a check which will be a sign that papers got accepted :)

Thanks for the info. Yes, I have attached the notification ( e-mail, text message) form with my papers. We shall wait. What else could we do?
:)

I am preparing myself to get into this process of applying the GC for my sisters, can anyone clarify "Do we have to file I485 along with I130 even though they reside in India?" I believe if the beneficier is already in US then 485 matters else we have to opt for Consular processing, right?

I am preparing myself to get into this process of applying the GC for my sisters, can anyone clarify "Do we have to file I485 along with I130 even though they reside in India?" I believe if the beneficier is already in US then 485 matters else we have to opt for Consular processing, right?

You never HAVE TO file I-130 and I-485 concurrently. In fact I-485 is to be filed by your sister. The only form that you file is I-130. The person who files I-485 MUST have a US address. And since your sister is not in the US, she cannot file I-485.
You have to file I-130 first, and then once she gets here she will have to file I-485.

Hey guys!

I have an update!!! Both of my checks were cashed yesterday, June 9th, but the information showed up on the account only this morning! I'm beyond happy!!! :cool:
Now I'm waiting for the e-mail or text :) But hopefully cashing checks means that all the information on my forms and in the packet is correct. What do you think? I've heard that they don't cash checks if something is wrong.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know :)

Good luck!!!

Hello all ,just mailed mine out today I 130/485/765/864/693via UPS .So here goes nothing lol... gl and a speedy process to all

Welcome matt1256 and good luck to you as well :)
Wow, you've sent so many forms! :eek: I've sent just 2 since I'm not in a hurry with anything else... like with work permit or traveling...

ANOTHER UPDATE from me: about an hour ago I've got 2 e-mails and 2 text messages saying that my forms were accepted and that I should expect official letters by regular mail within 10 days :) That was fast! Oh, and I got my case number :)

EDIT: I have a quick question - what happens if I didn't file form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization? Will I get a permission to work after I get a green card anyway or will I have to mail this form later if I want to work? :confused: What's the purpose of this form?

You will be able to work once you get your gc whic is gonna take longer than two months. But if your I-765 with I-485 you'd get it within sixty days. Thats all the difference

Hey guys!

I have an update!!! Both of my checks were cashed yesterday, June 9th, but the information showed up on the account only this morning! I'm beyond happy!!! :cool:
Now I'm waiting for the e-mail or text :) But hopefully cashing checks means that all the information on my forms and in the packet is correct. What do you think? I've heard that they don't cash checks if something is wrong.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know :)

Good luck!!!

That's great. Only 4 days.
I wish I would be this lucky. I cannot check the status of my checks right now because I have sent cashier's checks. So it will take a while until they are cashed.

You can always mail I-765 later however you need to make sure that you check the box saying that you have filed I-485 so that you dont have to pay the fees for I-765. Also when they accept your application it doesnt mean you wont get any RFEs. They will only do a cursory check initially to accept the application.
All the best.
Welcome matt1256 and good luck to you as well :)
Wow, you've sent so many forms! :eek: I've sent just 2 since I'm not in a hurry with anything else... like with work permit or traveling...

ANOTHER UPDATE from me: about an hour ago I've got 2 e-mails and 2 text messages saying that my forms were accepted and that I should expect official letters by regular mail within 10 days :) That was fast! Oh, and I got my case number :)

EDIT: I have a quick question - what happens if I didn't file form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization? Will I get a permission to work after I get a green card anyway or will I have to mail this form later if I want to work? :confused: What's the purpose of this form?