June 2009, Filers post here

Received NOA's for all 4 applications yesterday. I tried to register my cases on the uscis website but was not able to find cases to add to the porfolio, how long does it generally take before the cases to show up online?

The moment I got my NOA, I was able to add all case numbers to my portfolio. But again, my NOA arrived much later than yours. Give it a week or so.

USC filing for spouse (F-1 from Singapore)
6/20/09: I-130, 485, 765, 131, 864 filed
6/23/09: Package received at Chicago lockbox (RD)
6/26/09: ND
6/29/09: checks cashed
6/29/09: NOA received (MSC-*)
7/1/09: Receipts online
7/1/09: FP notice date
7/6/09: FP appointment received
7/7/09: FP done early (walk-in, Manhattan ASC)
7/29/09: FP scheduled date
8/6/09: Interview notice date
8/11/09: Interview NOA received
8/11/09: AP mailed (email notice)
8/11/09: EAD card ordered (email notice)
9/8/09: Interview--GC granted and production ordered (Albany FO)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your receipt numbers begin with MSC? I read on some posts on here that some MSC receipt numbers never showed up online.

Also today when I tried to check the status online .. I saw that in the instruction it said the receipt numbers generally start with EAC and 3 other letter combinations but MSC wasn't on there ,..so I am wondering maybe thats the reason my cases aren't showing up online?

The moment I got my NOA, I was able to add all case numbers to my portfolio. But again, my NOA arrived much later than yours. Give it a week or so.

All my applications except I-485 showed up online today .. which is weird since all of them were sent together, hopefully it'll show up soon.

Anyone got their FP appointment notice yet? How long did it take? Looking at previous months it is supposed to come pretty soon following the NOA's, I don't have one yet!

Anyone has the same issue of not being able to see the case status for I485 online while the other three show up?

Also, I am getting a little worried that I don't have the FP appointment yet, from the timelines it seems like folks get it within atmost a week from the day they received their NOA's. I received my NOA's on 6/26 and still not FP letter, I am beginning to think it might be lost in mail!! Any mid to late June filers .. have you received FP appointment letter?

my check was chashed yesterday and the WAC# on the back doesnt show online,

but according to this thread: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=2036140
I did a "minus 1" and I am able to see the status online (adding 1 didn't work). I hope that it IS my status. :rolleyes:

However, it says that they mailed me a notice on 3/31/2009.

"On March 31, 2009, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case."

How come I haven't received the notice yet? It shouldn't take that long to mail something from Chicago to San Jose, right? Or maybe I am too paranoid?

===
I-130 time line for Mother (@San Jose)
Sent: 3/23/2009
Check cashed: 3/31/2009
Notice: ???

The receipt number is actually the one (on the back of the cashed check) plus 2. :rolleyes:

And online status says "Current Status: Case received and pending." ;)

===
I-130 time line for Mother (@San Jose)
Sent: 3/23/2009
Check cashed: 3/31/2009
Notice Date: 3/31/2009
Notice received: 4/14/2009
Approved: ???

case numbers from back of check can differ from actual case # by +1-2 or -1-2
so i tried my case#-1 and it says " Received July 6 and pending"

of course I will wait for actual NOA1

got my NOA1 and bizarrely case # is different +1 from the # on the back of check!!!
my check was chashed yesterday and the WAC# on the back doesnt show online,

but according to this thread: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=2036140

case numbers from back of check can differ from actual case # by +1-2 or -1-2
so i tried my case#-1 and it says " Received July 6 and pending"

of course I will wait for actual NOA1

aosing - what is your DO? my timeline is very similar to yours but haven't heard anything since I received the NOA's .. no FP appointment yet! Are you able to track your applications online?

USC filing for spouse
6/20/09: I-130, 485, 765, 131, 864 filed
6/23/09: Package received at Chicago lockbox (RD)
6/26/09: ND
6/29/09: checks cashed
6/29/09: NOA received (MSC-*)
7/1/09: Receipts online
7/1/09: FP notice date
7/6/09: FP appointment received
7/7/09: FP done early (walk-in)
7/29/09: FP scheduled date

Update

Just thought I would drop a line to say whats been happening. So far I have received all the notices of action for I 485 & EAD. Next we are waiting to have our biometrics done later this month. We were able to use the I 485 notice of action to take to the DMV office and use it to apply for Florida ID cards and also our Drivers Licenses. We do have to wait for a month as everything has to go to the capital Tallahassie but in the meantime we were given provisional licenses until the original arrive so we are very happy about this because at last we will have two forms of official ID's for USA.:)

Location - Tampa Florida
Sister filing for Sister & Family (I 130 approved since July 1998)

Timeline

6/17/09 - Mailed I 485 & I 765
6/19/09 - Receipt Date
7/01/09 - Notice Date for EAD & I 485
7/06/09 - NOA for EAD
7/07/09 - NOA for I 485
7/09/09 - Biometrics notice (7/28/09 for EAD)
7/10/09 - Biometrics notice (7/31/09 for I 485)
7/28/09 - Biometrics completed for both (EAD & I 485)

neo_ny: I specified the Albany, NY field office on the I-130 petition, but of course I sent the package to the Chicago lockbox and the files are all at the National Benefits Center. Biometrics were scheduled and performed at the Manhattan ASC.

As indicated in my timeline I could track online on 7/1, two days after receiving the NOAs.

Hi all, for those who tried to walk-in for their Biometrics - did they check the letter? It is specified there the date for the FP.

Mine is on July 31, I want to try walk-in...would appreciate any inputs pls.

Thanks

Called USCIS yesterday, apparently my biometrics notice was returned as undeliverable and I have already missed my appointment! They left off my apartment # from the address, its corrected now and I was told they'll resend me the notice.

The person on the phone said it'll be the same notice that they sent earlier (i.e. the appointment date would have passed) and I should either try to either walk-in or reschedule using that notice.

Is this a common practice? Anyone has any experience? How receptive are the ASC's in accomodating folks who missed their appointment for no fault of theirs?

The ASC won't give you trouble, they don't care about the date. Worst it could do is delay the app a few days but that's probably not holding anything up.

Update

We went to Tampa, Fl. today (7/28/09) to have our finger-prints done, our appointment was for 2.00pm but we got there early around 1.00pm and as they were not busy we were able to have it done. Also our finger-printing for the AOS was to be done on Friday but we asked if we could do everything today so as not to have to go back and they allowed us to, so we are glad that is over, now we wait to see when we will either get word that the EAD's have been approved or if we will just receive the cards in the mail, will keep you folks informed accordingly.

Timeline
6/17/09 - Mailed I 485 & I 765
6/19/09 - Receipt Date
7/01/09 - Notice Date for EAD & I 485
7/06/09 - NOA for EAD
7/07/09 - NOA for I 485
7/09/09 - Biometrics notice (7/28/09 for EAD)
7/10/09 - Biometrics notice (7/31/09 for I 485)
7/28/09 - Fingerprints completed for both EAD & I 485

Hi all, for those who tried to walk-in for their Biometrics - did they check the letter? It is specified there the date for the FP.

Mine is on July 31, I want to try walk-in...would appreciate any inputs pls.

Thanks

I walked in today, one day after I receieved my letter. My appnt was set for August 18th. It completely depends on the office. Some let you and some don't. If you have lots of free time, then I would go try it out. I have heard more good stories than bad. But if you are busy, I would wait 3 days!

How long does it take USCIS to resend a notice (Biometrics) that was returned as undeliverable by USPS (they left my apartment # off from my address even though the address on all receipts is correct and the post office returned it to sender)?

The information was corrected and request to resend notice sent on 07/21. No online update nothing .. even some of the July filers are done with their FP now and I'm still sitting around waiting for my notice .. sucks!

Adding my case to June 2009 filers

Applied for GC through my USC Husband. My current status is H1B and I am waiting for EAD.