JUNE 2008 Filers

Seems like not ppl filed in June , wondering, any reason ???

I did send the whole package on June 7th, and was received there (per USPS) on June 9th.
Other than that nothing happened yet, was waiting to at least get the checks cached before posting any useful information.

Organizing Package for Lockbox

Seems like not ppl filed in June , wondering, any reason ???

Sahil - I hope to be a June filer. I am going to reapply to Chicago Lock Box after talking to USCIS who have misplaced/handled my application. Since yours app successfully cleared the initial stage, can provide guidance on organizing the package. Order of forms for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693. Also comments on how to attach checks and photographs and support documentation.

Thanks.

Nick.

Light in the Horizon

Ok, So after sending filing package on june 7th, and being recieved on june 9th., today on june 16th recieved NOA for all 4 (I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765), dated June 13th.
Still waiting for the FP notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICK2K8

First Section for forms I 130 . Cover Letter mentioning all the details for I 130 then need to put check then passport photograph in a ziplock bag, then form I 130 , G325A petitioner, G325A beneficiary and then supporting documents all with big paper clip

2nd section for I 485, Cover Letter mentioning all the details for I 485 then need to put check then passport photograph in a ziplock bag, then form I 485 , G325A beneficiary and then supporting documents with large paper clip , then all related forms & documents with big paper clip.

format is same for all forms photograps on top, then the form and then supporting documents.

PM me if you need more help.

I am June Filer. Please find my timeline below

Application:
6/5/08 - Application mailed - forms130,485,765,864,693 to Chicago Lockbox
6/6/08 - Application Received
6/13/08 - Checks Cashed
6/17/08 - NOA received -- Notice Date - 6/12/08
7/2/08 - FP date

FP done/ Dates updated on USCIS case online website

Thanks

Applied today

Hi Guys,

I have just applied I-485, I-130 & I-765 along with the supporting documents through Express mail(USPS). Waiting for the confirmations.

Thanks.

Application:
Day --:6/9/08 - Application mailed: 130,485,864,693 to Chicago Lockbox
Day --:6/11/08 - Application Received
Day 06:6/17/08 - Checks Cashed

Can H-1 quit job after applying I-130, I-485 and before getting EAD?

NICK2K8

First Section for forms I 130 . Cover Letter mentioning all the details for I 130 then need to put check then passport photograph in a ziplock bag, then form I 130 , G325A petitioner, G325A beneficiary and then supporting documents all with big paper clip

2nd section for I 485, Cover Letter mentioning all the details for I 485 then need to put check then passport photograph in a ziplock bag, then form I 485 , G325A beneficiary and then supporting documents with large paper clip , then all related forms & documents with big paper clip.

format is same for all forms photograps on top, then the form and then supporting documents.

PM me if you need more help.

Thanks for your help. I mailed duplicate application to USCIS yesterday and hopefully this time they will cash the checks and process them.

My wife is working on H-1. I am US citizen petitioning I-130, I-485, I-765 etc. Can she quit her current job anytime after we get the receipts from USCIS and not be out of status or does she need to wait until she gets the EAD?

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Nick.

update on case status

Hey guys,

An update: got my NOA's, however I'm confused about 3 things:

1) The bottom of the NOA letters (and the envelopes) list a USCIS address in Lee's Summit, MO. So is this my service center? If so, why not Chicago (since I live here)? I wanted to take a look at processing times for this place, but the USCIS website only lists Kansas City or St. Louis, is it Kansas City? I hope we won't have to go to this location for the AOS interview...?
2) I supplied USCIS with the A-number given to me when I applied to an EAD card for my opt 2 years ago (I stated why this was issued in my application).
Interesting thing is that, I-485 NOA lists a new A-number, I-765 NOA doesn't list any at all, and I-130 NOA lists the older A-number. Shall I be concerned about this?
3) My case status hasn't appeared online yet, when should I expect this to happen?

Thanks,

--------------

Status as of today: Overstayed visitor pending AOS (entered legally 9/2007, status expired 3/2008)

3/17/2008: Married to USC Spouse
6/5/2008: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-864 (petitioner), I-864 (joint sponsor), I-693, I-765, 2 x G325A's to Chicago Lockbox using USPS priority mail w/ delivery confirm.
6/6/2008: Delivery confirmation by USPS
6/13/2008: Checks cashed, NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 issued

butterfly,
congrats.

I have question. I want to apply GC for my mom after I get my citizenship on 6/25/08.
Since my mom is india I cannot go for AOS. I have to opt for CP, but can you tell me where the FP will be done for her? Also in her case what all forms should I apply.
Thanks in Advance

Back of check receipt number 1 off from NOA receipt

When I saw the check had cleared, I entered my check receipt number from the back - nothing was found. Later when I went home and got the actual receipt, I entered it and it was online. I thought I must have made mistake reading the number off the check as it wasn't very clear.

However I re-checked it and my check ends in 26 and my NOA ends in 27. Otherwise identical numbers.

Very wierd. Hopefully won't cause any future issues.

interesting thing is...

When I saw the check had cleared, I entered my check receipt number from the back - nothing was found. Later when I went home and got the actual receipt, I entered it and it was online. I thought I must have made mistake reading the number off the check as it wasn't very clear.

However I re-checked it and my check ends in 26 and my NOA ends in 27. Otherwise identical numbers.

Very wierd. Hopefully won't cause any future issues. See enclosed pic.

I don't know if this will comfort you, but I just checked my check images online, and the # on the check corresponding to I-485 is 1 off (just like you) compared to the receipt # on the NOA, and the # on the check corrosponding to I-130 is 2 off compared to the receipt # on the NOA...

But I guess this should be a common practice then... Perhaps the number on the check is not a receipt number, but something else...?

Feedback from anyone else...?

By the way my case still hasn't appeared online after about 2 weeks from getting my NOA's, and I'm curious why...

Please check my previous questions, and offer help if you know anything about them...