June 2007 Bombay-Chennai- E2/E3 appointments

anybody in EB3 scheduled for appt in June 2007 at Mumbai consulate

Please post your details if you have been scheduled for visa interview for June 2007 at Mumbai consulate. Also if you have recvd any correspondence from mumbai consulate after the movement in PD's

Mumbai consulate has scheduled only 4 EB-3 visa appts for June whereas Chennai has scheduled abt 80 EB3 interviews!!

GC37,
Please share your details.

Mine is :
PD : Sep 2002
NVC sent case to Bombay consulate in Feb 2005.

Did not see my case # in june appointment list. Have sent a mail to Bombay consulate but not reply yet.

-june04

My case is a following to join for my wife. her priority date is october 2001. application packet sent to mumbai consulate in January 2006. however, interview not scheduled for June 2007

have emailed mumbai consulate 3 days back, no reply, mumbai consulate phone is always busy

June 04

If u hear back anything from mumbai consulate please do let me know and vice versa..

also let me know if you are able to establish phone contact with mumbai consulate... i have been trying like crazy but the line is always busy!!

thks
GC37

GC37,
Sure. Will do that.
I just tried calling them..But no luck.
Is this the correct info ?

Immigrant Visa Unit/at
U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai
Telephone: (91-22) 2363-7407
Fax: (91-22) 2363-0350
Email: mumbaiiv@state.gov

I wanted to ask you one more thing, is your wife case eb2 or eb3 ?

Mine is eb3.

june04

June 04

That is the correct information for mumbai consulate. Their phone is always busy!!

Please check again!

Mumbai Consulate has revised the schedule. PLEASE CHECK AGAIN!

GC37,
Sure. Will do that.
I just tried calling them..But no luck.
Is this the correct info ?

Immigrant Visa Unit/at
U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai
Telephone: (91-22) 2363-7407
Fax: (91-22) 2363-0350
Email: mumbaiiv@state.gov

I wanted to ask you one more thing, is your wife case eb2 or eb3 ?

Mine is eb3.

june04

Mine is EB2.

LC PD: 12/2001. Approved in 8/06
I140 approved on Jan 19, 2007

From I140 approval to interview date it is 145 days.

June 26th 7.30am
What is one expected to bring ?

I read on the website that one needs to submit to the VFS center Documents 15 days before the interview. Any ideas ?

Does anyone know whether the chennai consulate accepts AC I-140 cases or not? My case is EB3 and I didn't mention consular at the time of filing 140. If we file form I-824, how long it takes that to be approved and when can we expect the interview? thanks.

June 26th 7.30am
What is one expected to bring ?

I read on the website that one needs to submit to the VFS center Documents 15 days before the interview. Any ideas ?

It has to be atleast 10 working days in advnace. So plan accordingly. BTW did you file for 485 and CP both? I thought you are not allowed to do that or did you have two different 140s.

June_04 & Very_hopeful,

My PD is feb 2003 and submitted my DS230 to NVC on Feb 2005 (NVC says my case is in Mumbai).

And I didn't see my date in the June_2007 list.

Have a question for you guys?

1). The packet three that I received in 2005 required me the only submit DS230 to the consulate. Now, I checked the latest Packet three on Mumbai consulate's website, and they require DS230 + a signed checklist to be sent to mumbai_consulate.

Did you guys submit DS230 and the checklist?

2). Also, what is the procedure to add my wife to the case? Do I just mail them my wife DS 230? And pay the fees while I am there?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

interview letter for mumbai consulate

For the folks who have been scheduled for appt at mumbai in June - Have you recvd the appt letter from mumbai consulate?

My wife's interview is scheduled for July, I am hoping to get the appt letter soon. Also please respond if anybody is scheduled in July at Mumbai consulate

I haven't received the appointment letter.
Emailed the Consulate and they replied saying that my father can pick up the appointment letter at the Information window between 9.00 am - 11.30am

Also emailed VFS and they emailed back saying that they require all documenst to be submitted to them 10-7 days before the appointment.

Yes I have a 485 AOS and a CP simultaneously filled. I had also belived that it was not allowed. My Lawyer confirmed that you can file the I-824, while having a 485 pending. At the time of approving the I-824, USCIS will raise an RFE and ask if you would like to pursue CP or AOS. Usually the Consulate gives appointments much before the 824 comes up for approval;.
Mine is still pending, but I have an appointment on 6/26.
On a side note I checked my 485 application and the telephone status says that they have mailed a document which they have manufactured based on an earlier approval of the case.

So really speaking I am not sure what's going on. I haven't received this document they manufactured yet.

Your father can collect duplicate appointment letter from our public information window

Immigrant Visa Unit:mf
American Consulate General, Mumbai

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your mail,

You need to arrange for the doc umen ts mentioned in the checklist, carry the doc umen ts for submission while you visit the VFS Centre for paying the VFS charges between 7 to 10 working days prior to the appointment dates given to you.

Regards,
VFS Team
RF.
www.vfs-usa.co.in