June 2007 Bombay-Chennai- E2/E3 appointments

interview letter

I recvd. an email from mumbai consulate saying that interview letter has been mailed on May 16th (for appt on July 3rd), if i do not receive the letter 10 days before the interview should contact the consulate again...

as of may 23rd i have not yet recvd. the letter.

mAn this CP is really scary

All,

I chose CP in 2004 as I was not married then and then all CP related documentation after my marriage was sent to the consulate in May 05 and they had said I will get the interview for July 05. Unfortunately the dates retrogressed in June 05. Now on May 16.17 and 18 I checked the website and my case num WAS NOT there on the website.

On May 19 I saw my num in the morning and got my paperwork done from a Banking perspective.

On May 20 US time I called the US consulate and VFS and they both said i have to submit all documentation to VFS before May 24th Mumbai time 2 pm. I was shocked. So I gathered all my docs that I could ( PCC from New York India consulate), the lawyers and HR took a day to get their docs together.

I requested the consulate to see if I can submit the docs on fri the 25th as I did not get the appt letter yet and neither it is possible to get all current docs

So I had no option to fly out to Mumbai the next day ( and in all this had my parents go to the consulate to get the appointment letter). they said that it is not their problem and they will cancel it if i dont turn up.

Reached Mumbai on Thurs morning 4:30 a,m. , and then in 2 hrs went to VFS. They were kind enough to understand that I did not get the medical for me and wife at such a short notice. they were fine. they accepted the docs but said that we need a PCC for my wife from the Passport office and asked me to get it for the interview date.

yesterday 25th we got our medicals done at leelavati. now have to get the PCC crap again for wife.

Kp

All,

I chose CP in 2004 as I was not married then and then all CP related documentation after my marriage was sent to the consulate in May 05 and they had said I will get the interview for July 05. Unfortunately the dates retrogressed in June 05. Now on May 16.17 and 18 I checked the website and my case num WAS NOT there on the website.

On May 19 I saw my num in the morning and got my paperwork done from a Banking perspective.

On May 20 US time I called the US consulate and VFS and they both said i have to submit all documentation to VFS before May 24th Mumbai time 2 pm. I was shocked. So I gathered all my docs that I could ( PCC from New York India consulate), the lawyers and HR took a day to get their docs together.

I requested the consulate to see if I can submit the docs on fri the 25th as I did not get the appt letter yet and neither it is possible to get all current docs

So I had no option to fly out to Mumbai the next day ( and in all this had my parents go to the consulate to get the appointment letter). they said that it is not their problem and they will cancel it if i dont turn up.

Reached Mumbai on Thurs morning 4:30 a,m. , and then in 2 hrs went to VFS. They were kind enough to understand that I did not get the medical for me and wife at such a short notice. they were fine. they accepted the docs but said that we need a PCC for my wife from the Passport office and asked me to get it for the interview date.

yesterday 25th we got our medicals done at leelavati. now have to get the PCC crap again for wife.

Kp

Totally agree with you..It is scary. I am on vacation in India, will fly back to US again and come back in 2 weeks :(

I got my PCC done from local passport office. worried about my spouse because Houston consulate does not give PCC in a day :( (Though their site says , it is 1 day procedure if passport is issued from houston consulate.)

June04, I would greatly appreciate if you can help me providing info on PCC. I am also on vacation in India. Appreciate if you could answer couple question and any other advice getting PCC from India

1. What you did to get your PCC from local passport office. I heard they need proof of local address etc.

2. After expiration of my first passport, my second passport was issued from Houston and it has my FL address. Do you think ths will create issue in regional PP office

3. Please let me know what docs they needed and how long it took?

4. Was the process smooth or you have to show them green $$ before geting it?

5. Do you need PCC from local district police office too?

6. Did you do by yourself or travel agent?

Sorry I asked too many question, but as CP is scary and don't want to miss this PCC thing.

Totally agree with you..It is scary. I am on vacation in India, will fly back to US again and come back in 2 weeks :(

I got my PCC done from local passport office. worried about my spouse because Houston consulate does not give PCC in a day :( (Though their site says , it is 1 day procedure if passport is issued from houston consulate.)

my interview date is for june 5th at 7:30 a.m. EB3 india , PD July16,2001. still running between the passport office and CID office for PCC for my wife. i am really wondering whether it is worth this headache