June 2004 - concurrent filing

Waiting for GC:
Did your I-485 RFE ask for pay stubs and W2 or had the specific question Why are you not working for the petitioner?
I think you can again send a latest offer letter for the RFE with your reply.
Please update.

Of course it affects your application, but you will be able to get AP and EAD if you submit before July --based on your assumption.

Hi,
My EAD will expire on OCT and now i'm working by EAD not with H1. And i sent AC21 also. I have to RENEW MY EAD. Can i do that ?? PD 12/01.

Please reply.
Thanks.
sd70

No updates whatsoever !!

06_27_04_csc said:
WaitingforGC200
I did not receive any RFE. I called the emergency number and they said it was a mistake. They guy told me that my namecheck is still pending. Although FOIPA request returned with "No records". I don;t know what to do next. Can anybody suggest anything at this time?

I am also in the same boat...no updates even on the 140. My company has called the emergency number a couple of times and all we got back was " The application is pending" reply.

This is frustrating, anu gurus have ideas on what I can do, please help.....

Hi Guys:
You probably saw this this today
http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_061405.html

I heard similar retrogression will happen for EB2 cases. This is crazy stuff!! I got my EAD,AP,140 approved and have been waiting for 485 approval. Are there others who are in the same boat? I'm guessing my case is not approved because FBI would not clear my name. I believe there are a lot of pending name checks at FBI. Any suggestions about what I can do other than simply waiting? I'm fearing this retrogression will cause a very very long delay (> 1year) in 485 approvals.

xg121960 said:
I am worried before http://shusterman.com/ has predicted that even EB-2 for a few countries will retrogress in July. If the July 2005 visa Bulletin comes out tomorrow and EB-2 for my country retrogresses, Can I still file I-485 in June and get EAD and AP approved?

I replied that I am waiting for the approval to join.
There was a LUD change on my 140 today. This is first time that LUD changed on 140 since I applied.
Waiting2GC, after how many days did u receive your 140 since you saw first LUD change?

htammana,

you perhaps already have done so..but try contacting your local state senator (not the federal senator). I have heard that many times the local offices of your local senator can pull some strings when they make the call....what do you have to lose anyways?

Good Luck!
Rich

I-485 Name check June 2004

htammana said:
Hi Guys:
{snipped for brevity}

I'm guessing my case is not approved because FBI would not clear my name. I believe there are a lot of pending name checks at FBI. Any suggestions about what I can do other than simply waiting? I'm fearing this retrogression will cause a very very long delay (> 1year) in 485 approvals.

I am the primary app and my wife is the dependent app. I know that my I-485 is stuck in Name Check. I had sent an email to the FBI in Dec 2004. I got an emailed reply last week. Per the email, my wife's name check was successfully completed in June 2004, but mine is still pending. They write that they will work on my app. I have no records, nor a name that could match any of their watch lists. if my app had been cleared along with my wife's, we would've received the gc in July 2004.

RD: 6/10
ND: 6/14
FP done in July '04. EAD/AP approved in August '04.
I-140 AD - 4/6/05
I-485 pending

Remember guys...if you are from a country that is always subject to close scrutiny for security checks...you should not be surprises at the long name check delays..the super anonymity offered by these immigration forums does not allow for 'apples-to-apples' comparision of cases.....there is no way to know why someone gets name checks done quickly and why someone takes ages without knowing the entire case specifics..

In any case, from July, we will not hear any 485 approvals for EB3 anyways due to unavailabilty of Visa numbers for EB3. :(

Speaking of the Visa numbers, are there any early signs or early indicators of how the FY2006 will look like for EB3 come Oct 1, 2005.

I would be very surprised if they open at 'C'...most likely..thanks to PERM and current demand I think there will be a priority or cutoff date established anyways.

Also, Eb2 is predicted to retrogress...any concrete indicators of when this may happen...(please do not post MURTHY links, as i am aware of all those articles)

Name check

maple_cartier said:
Remember guys...if you are from a country that is always subject to close scrutiny for security checks...you should not be surprises at the long name check delays..the super anonymity offered by these immigration forums does not allow for 'apples-to-apples' comparision of cases.....there is no way to know why someone gets name checks done quickly and why someone takes ages without knowing the entire case specifics..

But that is the point. I'm not from a country that is typically subjected to name checks. I wondered why my wife's name check was cleared on the day it was forwarded to the feds while mine wasn't. Both of us should have shown "no records"

Chalk it upto randomized draw of the luck...kind of like when they decide to do a body and cavity search for a 80 year old granny at the airport but a bunch of other male guys pass through w.o a hitch :)

quizfan said:
But that is the point. I'm not from a country that is typically subjected to name checks. I wondered why my wife's name check was cleared on the day it was forwarded to the feds while mine wasn't. Both of us should have shown "no records"

In my case my wife's name check also cleared the same day it was recvd. and mine took almost 6 months (as per the email from the FBINNCP email). However, as it now stands, I have my green card with me while my wife's I-485 is still pending :confused:

-buzz

Fyi

From this link
Almost all of the immigration applications sent for FBI criminal background checks are returned to the USCIS within a month, according to Sharon Rummery, spokeswoman for CIS in San Francisco.

Of the remaining 5 percent, 4 percent are returned and completed within four months. The final 1 percent take several months. There are about 600,000 immigration applications -- for status adjustment, for green cards, for citizenship -- nationally.

``We do try to handle the checks in an expeditious manner,'' said LaRae Quy, a spokeswoman for the FBI in San Francisco. But where there are extended delays, the FBI ``is reliant on foreign governments and intelligence to help us get the results'' to complete the checks, she said.

basic question on concurrent filing

Hi
I am planning to file concurrently for i-140 485 in CSC
One question I have is if i-140 and i-485 are adjudicated separately even for concurrent filing
Though I am in EB-2, its expected top retrogress soon
My goal is to ensure that atleast i-140 gets processed while i 485 may still be pending due to retrogression

Thanks

Please help

Friends,

I am new to this forum. I have one question please help me out.

My I-485 application is send out on last week of June'2005 just before retrogation. I did not received reciept yet. Just want to know here is, If I get receipt of I-485 than my case is accepted? and will be processed further?

Is ther any other conditions to know my case is accepted or not? Any numbers to call?

NJ/RIR/EB3/PDAprl2002.

Regards,
LB.

maple_cartier said:

It still doesn't explain prolonged (and random) delays specifically to cases
filed between June 2004 to Sep 2004. Guess what, I am not from a country
that needs close scrutiny and plus my first name and last name, individually
(and combined) are so unique. Peoplefinder or google - gives all hits which
point to me ! Sorry for the crib :-(

Greeny,

What is the latest on ur 485 mate? Still no word?

Rich

Greeny said:
In any case, from July, we will not hear any 485 approvals for EB3 anyways due to unavailabilty of Visa numbers for EB3. :(