June 2004 - concurrent filing

I-485 CSC processing delays for concurrent apps

buzzingbee said:
I spoke with my lawyer about the same thing. She told me that sometimes (very few cases) the USCIS may decide to check your names against other databases. One example she gave me was the Interpol !!!

Hopefully you don't share your name with any of the 'most wanted' :)

-buzz

I

My case is as follows
EB2 (M.S. with 10 years exp]
LC filed Aug 2001
Approved - Mar 2004
I-140/I-485 - RD June 10, 2004
I-140 approved - Apr 6 - 2005

My lawyer enquired about my pending I-485 and got what she termed as a "standard template response stating that it is awaiting security clearances." Apparently this is the same response they received for all the enquires on behalf of others in the company whose I-140s were approved around the same time as mine.[We are a billion $ firm]

I called the 800 number on Apr 25 and May 25 and have got the standard "call back after 30 days" response. Apparently, if the application is not approved by the 3rd enquiry, they send it to their manager.

Anyway, all this is incredibly frustrating, since I've seen others get their concurrent applications approved in 60 days & 90 days in 2004. Some others have gotten their I-485 applications approved 2-3 days after their I-140. Why single us out?

I'm sorry if I sound like I am venting, but this delay goes beyond anything that a rational explanation can offer. :mad: :confused: :(

Hi 06_27_04_csc
Did you sent a email or a certified mail?
I read on this forum that they are replying to certified mails faster than email ( email response taking 3 months). So I sent a certified mail in end of feb. Wehn I called them a couple of weeks ago she said that they dont respond to mails and also asked me to end a email. Not sure what they repond to. I dont want to send aemail and sit waiting for 3 or 4 months. Tired of waiting :(
thanks

Hello 06/27/2004

What happened to your 485? . I thought you got RFE on 485 about paystubs, w2s and asking why you are not working for the Petitioner. Can you tell me how did you handle the Question about not working with Petitioner. I got the same RFE now. Your suggestions and help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Greeny:- I sent fax
Waiting4GC:- I said i m waiting for approval to join. I got another RFE...don't know whats that about yet

Greeny,

After nearly 45 days of stamping, our cards have been ordered and are expected to be mailed out soon..

Is your AC21 porting complete?

Greeny said:
Anybody has any good news?

I am still waiting I-485 approval. Applied for 2nd EAD.

thanks

Thank you 06_27_04_csc.

maple_cartier - Congratulations.
Well, I did not use AC21. Instead, I am moving to a different department in the same comapny. Thanks for asking.

Congratulations maple_cartier!

Any ideas why it took so long for the cards to be ordered after stamping? All of my friends got their plastic cards within a month of stamping.

maple_cartier said:
Greeny,
After nearly 45 days of stamping, our cards have been ordered and are expected to be mailed out soon..

Is your AC21 porting complete?

Greeny,

I personally think you did a good thing by not jumping...it is a good idea to maintain the same company for the entire process. Just a way to fend off the unecessary complications that may arise as a consequence of AC21.

Rich

Greeny said:
Thank you 06_27_04_csc.

maple_cartier - Congratulations.
Well, I did not use AC21. Instead, I am moving to a different department in the same comapny. Thanks for asking.

Tiburon (is that the new name of a Hyundai model?)

I have always been not as fortunate or should I say 'lucky' when it comes to obtaining approval documents within the general timeframes. I guess I am one of those who have to wait patiently and be apprehensive all the time.. :(

Hence, I cannot really tell you the 'why' of the matter.

Rich

Greeny,

Congrats on your EAD, Can you tell me when did you apply for 2nd EAD. I applied online on May 4th .

June Filer
140 approved ,
Waiting for 485

maple_cartier said:
Tiburon (is that the new name of a Hyundai model?)

I have always been not as fortunate or should I say 'lucky' when it comes to obtaining approval documents within the general timeframes. I guess I am one of those who have to wait patiently and be apprehensive all the time.. :(

Hence, I cannot really tell you the 'why' of the matter.

Rich

Well, you were fortunate enough to get the 485 approval, which is most important!

Tiburon comes from the town where I live.

Good luck and Enjoy!

Greeny & Tiburon(thanks for the name clarification :)

I got e-mails today informing that PR cards had been mailed out.

Out of abundant caution, I have already got myself an INFOPASS appointment anticipating either spelling mistakes, date fumbles, Alien Number screw-ups or any permutation/combination of all the factors :)

Here is my timeline as a refresher

I-485 AD --> March 28
PP Stamping --> April 14
Card Processing Completed --> June 1
Card Ordered --> June 2
Card Mailed --> June 7

Cheers!

WaitingforGC200
I did not receive any RFE. I called the emergency number and they said it was a mistake. They guy told me that my namecheck is still pending. Although FOIPA request returned with "No records". I don;t know what to do next. Can anybody suggest anything at this time?

When your 140 got approved

waitingforGC200,

Could you tell me when you got your 140 approved? I'm waiting for the 140 decision after RFE. I saw your previous postings about your 140 LUDs after responding to RFE, now I got 2 LUDs.

Thanks.
xyr888

waitingforGC200 said:
Greeny,

Congrats on your EAD, Can you tell me when did you apply for 2nd EAD. I applied online on May 4th .

June Filer
140 approved ,
Waiting for 485

06_27_

Thanks you for the respose, can you tell me exactly what did you say for the RFE "why you are not working with the petetioner". I am replying saying that I will be working after 485 is approved.Thanks for your response.

I got my 140 approved after 3 LUDs , last week.