June 2004 - concurrent filing

Pssst! A little secret...the best way to get speedy approvals is I believe not to constantly call or fax or keep checking with the 'emergency' numbers...that way, you can be confident I think that your case will be approved quickly....unless the matter is really stalled or not moving well after the dates have moved beyond 2 months out...keep the faith and stay patient. In my opinion, CSC is fairly good with I140/I485 processing...(not to be confused with my perceived bias since I have got approvals today)

Thank you and Good Luck maple_cartier.
No news on my end. Preparing to move on to a new job using AC-21.
Want to give one more month before I make any move.
just waiting..

-Greeny

FP Results Recived :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I got a Emailt his Morning FP Results recived .

On April 9, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485
Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received,
and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further
action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Good Luck All.

Details :
PD JUN 2001
I140/EAD/485 CONCURRENT - ND- 6/28/2004
I140 APPROVED -2/9/2005
FP : Recived 2/22/2005 , Appointment is for 4/2/2005 -... Early FP Done : 3/30/2005
I485 (Self) LUD : 3/30/2005,3/31/2005 ,4/11/2005 (Msg Change Recivied..)
I485 (Wife) LUD : 3/30/2005,3/31/2005,4/11/2005 (Msg Change Recivied..)
I485 (Son) LUD :
FBI FP-Recived: 3/30/2005
FBI FP-Sent to USCIS: 3/30/2005
FP-Recived :4/9/2005

Greeny said:
Thank you and Good Luck maple_cartier.
No news on my end. Preparing to move on to a new job using AC-21.
Want to give one more month before I make any move.
just waiting..

-Greeny
Hi Greeny,

Somewhere I read that 485 has to be pending for 180 days after the 140 is approved. Any thoughts?

Also, I have a basic question (this is for everybody).

If you have a pending 485 (>180 days) and you have a valid EAD/AP and get laid off, I guess you can use either H1 or EAD for a new job. Whats the difference between this and AC21? In either case, the GC processing will continue right?

Thanks.

140 approved

Hi Folks:

I got my I-140 approved on 4/4/05. No news on my I-485 application though I sent applications "truly" concurrent. What is the use of 140 approval without 485 approval? I tried getting status by calling the INS emergency number and came to know they are still waiting on FBI backgroud check clearance. Not sure how long this will take!! I tried to contact FBI repeatedly both by email & phone to find out status but could not succeed. Did anyone have luck getting status info from FBI? Sorry for the delay in posting the update.

-htammana

Good luck

Hope you get the FBI name check cleared soon. Pardon me for asking but do you have a name that might cause a hit in their name search?

Folks,

Got my stamping done today. The whole process took around 2hrs or so from the time I entered the local district office and left the facility.

Everything was very smooth..

Rich

maple_cartier said:
Greeny,

No new updates. Going for stamping this week. Anything new from your end?

Rich

Congrats
Did you take the I140 Approval notice with you. And on the I485 did you take the copies which you received at home or the copies received by the lawyers?

Done PP Stamp

Hi all.

Update,

I140/485: RD 6/4/04
I140: AD 4/5/05
I485: AD 4/7/05

PP stamp: 4/14/05

I came by San Jose office for PP stamp.
It took just 20 minutes. It was very smooth.

Thanks,

My last name might have multiple hits as 4 of my family members have green cards and live in US. Could this be causing the delay? It is crazy that FBI is taking so many months to clear my name!!
gumnaam00 said:
Hope you get the FBI name check cleared soon. Pardon me for asking but do you have a name that might cause a hit in their name search?

CONGRATS!!

waitingforluck said:
Hi all.

Update,

I140/485: RD 6/4/04
I140: AD 4/5/05
I485: AD 4/7/05

PP stamp: 4/14/05

I came by San Jose office for PP stamp.
It took just 20 minutes. It was very smooth.

Thanks,

Guys, Can we call emergency number again ?

Hi,
MY 140 (June 2004 )is still pending, my employer called emergency number on 3/4/05 and they said they are working on the case and that the case would get decision within a month. Its ben more than a month now, is it okay to call the emergency number again ?

Has anyone called them twice ? Will that cause any problems ? Should I wait or should I ask my company to call again ?

Also, any June 2004 people still waiting for 140 ?

Thanks