1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June 11, Community Conference Call with Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna, Recording Available

Discussion in 'Free Conference Call For US Immigration Questions' started by DEEPAMENON, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

    TAMILARASI New Member

    Hi Sir
    I have an immigrant visa issued on 31st July 2014 and expired on 4thjan 2015, visa category E-22 and statement stating, upon endorsement it is temporary I-551 valid for 1 year and i have entered US on 23rd Dec 2014 and left US on 2nd Jan 2015 after getting infopass ,informed in the local office ,as my mother was admitted in the hospital,Green card was posted during last week of Jan 2015 to my US residential address,right now i am in India ,want to return to US in July, i am not having Green card in my hand ,what i have to do,pl try to help me
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. uskalu

    uskalu New Member

    Dear Sir,

    I have won the diversity visa lottery and current I'm student in US. I have valid I20 for D/S, however my visa was expired last year. I want to know whether am I eligible for the adjustment of status ?
    In USCIS web site it says,
    1)Have been selected for a diversity visa by DOS’s lottery;
    2) Have an immigrant visa immediately available at the time of filing an adjustment application (Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status); and
    3) Are admissible to the United States.

    I'm little confused with statement 2 and 3. Some one told me that "you can not adjust status, but since you are a "status violator" rather than an overstay, you have no unlawful presence"

    Please give me your suggestions.
  3. visa02

    visa02 New Member

    Hi Rajiv Sir,

    I am currently on H1B in US, I have recently change my employer from A to B.
    A was with a desi company which took money $3200 from me in India in their personal indian bank account in INR for processing my H1B transfer in premium.
    They also made my sign a contract of $25000 liquidated damage if I leave them before 24 months.
    Now they have sued me in court for $25000 liquidated damages + attorney fees.
    My questions are
    1. Can I complain to DOL about them taking H1B money or should I send them legal notice for violating the rules or something else.
    2. I worked with them for around 10 months and they have made enough money out of me (as they were paying with the minimum amount required to pay in the state I worked).
    3. The total they spent on me was one way flight ticket for me only + 1 week of hotel stay.
    4. They are threatening to drag me in court and make me spend in total 50-60K if I opt to fight against them(by spending on legal expenses + damages) in court and they are threatening me to either pay them back 25 K immediately or asking me to go back to india with my family forever and life ban for me for entering in us(as they are sure of winning the case) and using the words like this will be their revenge from me.

    I dont know what to do now, I dont have big money to spend in court case defending, Request you to help .
  4. winaeyz

    winaeyz New Member

    Hello sir,

    Here is my question:
    My wife currently on H1B is on maternity leave (8 weeks). She is not paid by her employer for these 8 weeks. Can she apply for state (NJ) disability benefits for this 8 week period? Will this affect her H1b status?
    Here is the link to apply for it:

    Can a person on H1b be paid by anyone else (state of NJ here) who is not their employer? Please advise.

    Thank You!

    TAMILARASI New Member

  6. ksanil23

    ksanil23 Registered Users (C)

    My wife recently got job in international organization and it requires both of us to switch to G4 visa.
    I would like to know if as a Derivative G4 (Dependent G4) visa holder can I apply for permanent residence through my own employer, not including primary G4 (my wife)
    visa holder in green card processing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page