July I-485 Applicants -- Urgent Message

LATEST FROM OH LAW WEB SITE:

06/29/2007: American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) Seeks Plaintiffs for the Lawsuit on Visa Bulletin Fiasco

"The AILF is an affiliate of the AILA and its litigation arm. They are seeking the victims who would participate as plaintiffs in the lawsuit by the organization against the government agencies relating to the outrageous and lawlessness of the agencies involving the management of immigrant visa numbers and implementing the visa bulletin in compliance with the law. Please contact your attorneys if you are willing to participate in the lawsuit."

I would love to join the lawsuit and would even love more if Lou Dobbs (The Category '0' skill-level idiot) is included in the lawsuit. I will even contribute to the law suit because the idiot Lou narrates all H1B immigrants as cheap and unskilled labor.

Let us sue both USCIS and AILA

Let us sue both USCIS and AILA

I believe AILA lawyers are trying to get illegals in after CIR failed by filing in PERM applications from scratch. Given the retrogession that this will bring, one can keep on working with RFE's for years but atleast adjusting their status.
USCIS doesn't think that much and I would doubt if they are so proactive.
Remember AILA did not support filling of I-485's as an independent bill.
In any case I will sue USCIS irrespective of who is responsible....

AILA has a 2nd follow up message on their site regarding the possibility of a revision to the July bulletin. Can anyone post that message so we can read it?

I have waited to file my i-485 for 2 years now and i just sent my application express mail, scheduled to be delivered on Sunday 7/1/2007. I am curious to see how they will handle previously received applications if there is indeed a revision on Monday or Tuesday. Even if they revise it on Monday or Tuesday, shouldn't they still accept any applications that reached them prior to the time of revision since the bulletin was current.

Next week will be very interesting to say the least. Good luck to all of us. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
what comes quick ... goes quick

I couldn't believe myself when last month the dates become current for ALL !!! ... usually such good happenings keep me at arms length.

So it's doesn't surprise me that the dates would retrogress back again. What frustrates me is the effort and monkey business we all went thru to put together papers for application.

My lawyer shared this dis-heartening news early today. So guys I am taking foot off the pedal and continue to coast till next year.

Will see you all ... around this forum and problem.:eek:

I want my medical checkup money back!!!
Atty Greg Siskind says it was a plot by DOS to force USCIS to work harder.
Read what he says:

STATE DEPARTMENT PULLS THE RUG OUT FROM UNDER GREEN CARD APPLICANTS

I promised I wouldn't blog today, but there's very distressing breaking news that needs to be disseminated.

The State Department has informed the American Immigration Lawyers Association that it is going back on its word and will issue a new Visa Bulletin on Monday or Tuesday that retrogresses all green card categories it made current in the July Visa Bulletin released earlier this month. The numbers may actually be worse or even be listed as unavailable.

According to AILA, USCIS has been feverishly working through green card applications to use up the 2007 quota numbers. DOS apparently made the numbers current because it wanted to force USCIS to work more cases and not leave substantial green card numbers left over at the end of the year, something it has done over and over again in the past.

This is horribly unfair and potentially illegal. Thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of people have been working frenetically over the last few weeks to get their adjustment of status applications ready to file in July. That means money spent on medical exams (with many people flying out of town to find physicians able to accommodate them), money spent on lawyers, money spent getting documents translated on an expedited basis, etc. And then what about the emotional roller coaster people have been forced to bear.

A number of disturbing questions need to be asked:

- Did DOS plan on doing this all along? Were they trying to send a message to USCIS when they made the numbers current and once the message was apparently received, DOS would back down on its "threat"?

- Did USCIS speed up processing to try and ensure that all of the would be July applicants would have to file under the substantially increased filing fees that go in to effect in late July?

- If USCIS is capable of processing 40,000 cases so fast, what do they do the rest of the year? Why do they need big fee increases if they can move cases this quickly? If they can process 20,000 cases a week, why do we hear incessant whining from the agency on their ability to timely adjudicate applications and their need for more staff.

- What kind of message does this send future American citizens about transparency and fair dealing by our government?

- Is DOS even legally permitted to take such an action? Immigration regulations would seem to suggest otherwise.

If you're outraged, then you're paying attention. Let your Congressman and Senator know what you think.

I want my medical checkup money back!!!

I will put $500 to have doctors give them injections on every known vaccination. If this does happen be prepared to sue. This can be a good class action law suit. Also in case you go illegal due to this, a immigration attorney can help you extend your stay based on such a law suit.

Same message on Murthy.com

They got it from AILA website.

I see the same message on murthy.com which I think is a vary reliable site. They said that the dates will be applicable for the whole month of jUly meaning July 1st. This is quite dismal

This has to be a hoax or a lost in translation by AILA. Even last time AILA posted that labor substitution was going to be over the next day!
USCIS may have more law suits at their hands than applications to process if they stop the process without a single days notice. They can however always change their acceptance of applications by giving at least some forward notice as they did in the case of H-1b's.
Logic and UCIS...;) ;)

Atty Greg Siskind says it was a plot by DOS to force USCIS to work harder.
Read what he says:

STATE DEPARTMENT PULLS THE RUG OUT FROM UNDER GREEN CARD APPLICANTS

I promised I wouldn't blog today, but there's very distressing breaking news that needs to be disseminated.

The State Department has informed the American Immigration Lawyers Association that it is going back on its word and will issue a new Visa Bulletin on Monday or Tuesday that retrogresses all green card categories it made current in the July Visa Bulletin released earlier this month. The numbers may actually be worse or even be listed as unavailable.

According to AILA, USCIS has been feverishly working through green card applications to use up the 2007 quota numbers. DOS apparently made the numbers current because it wanted to force USCIS to work more cases and not leave substantial green card numbers left over at the end of the year, something it has done over and over again in the past.

This is horribly unfair and potentially illegal. Thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of people have been working frenetically over the last few weeks to get their adjustment of status applications ready to file in July. That means money spent on medical exams (with many people flying out of town to find physicians able to accommodate them), money spent on lawyers, money spent getting documents translated on an expedited basis, etc. And then what about the emotional roller coaster people have been forced to bear.

A number of disturbing questions need to be asked:

- Did DOS plan on doing this all along? Were they trying to send a message to USCIS when they made the numbers current and once the message was apparently received, DOS would back down on its "threat"?

- Did USCIS speed up processing to try and ensure that all of the would be July applicants would have to file under the substantially increased filing fees that go in to effect in late July?

- If USCIS is capable of processing 40,000 cases so fast, what do they do the rest of the year? Why do they need big fee increases if they can move cases this quickly? If they can process 20,000 cases a week, why do we hear incessant whining from the agency on their ability to timely adjudicate applications and their need for more staff.

- What kind of message does this send future American citizens about transparency and fair dealing by our government?

- Is DOS even legally permitted to take such an action? Immigration regulations would seem to suggest otherwise.

If you're outraged, then you're paying attention. Let your Congressman and Senator know what you think.

a possible link to CIR?

If the plan of USCIS to retrogress / make-unavailble dates is true, then why did it not do so sometime in June - third week or fourth or yesterday (Friday).

Why did it wait so long to take this action? And why would it choose July 2 or 3, unless it wants to be sued and get into more legal problems.

I do not see any valid reasoning how USCIS would come to a conclusion that there would be torrents on 485s for July even before applications start pouring in.

On the other hand, if USCIS declares a adhoc VB 2nd or 3rd, I would have to believe that pure-politics were involved. In addition, CIR may somehow be linked to this sweet-but-extremley-sour July VB.

Can someone post the latest post from AILA:

Follow-up to Update on July Visa Availability
What if DOS issues a revised July Visa Bulletin? File the adjustment now anyway? Some things to consider. AILA Doc. No. 07062930.

dprao

Rejected application? After they cashed your check or just plainly a reject/return the application?

If I were USCIS, I will accept as many as applications per law allowed (that is VISA# is current) and if the PD retrogressed somehow, just put it in a pending queue. See how much money the immigrations community finance the operations?

Say every AOS applicant carries 2 dependents (spouse and a child), the average cost for the filing fee for this family is $3,300 that is including 2EAD, 3AOS and 3AP.

Say there are 100,000 qualified AOS appliciant (I doubted, it should be way more). The application fee alone is 330 million. and if these money put it in US bonds, the yield alone will have 16.5 million in 5% return.

Rejecting application????

So far no one shown how much money USCIS is making out of our hard earned money. We are paying for getting legalized and illegals are getting citizenship with paying nothing no paperwork no passports no I-94 no proof of qualification etc.

We pay taxes too as any other resident.

Can I handover my I-485 application personally on Monday at Nebraska?

Can I handover my I-485 application personally on Monday at Nebraska?

I think this game is being played by AILA

to make everybody file as soon as possible!
I'm ready to legal action, just for FUN!
Fight for our right and laws!

See, the funny thing is.....
Even if 10 people apply for I485 in July 1 - 15....or say 100,000 people apply in July 1-15...it won't make a diffierence.....
U know why? Because USCIS needs 6 monhts to process them...in a way this traffic will not hit until Dec 05....Hee Hee

The only issue is - are pending applications from India/China etc are more than 40K-70K? If so, they may use up the quota in the next 2 to 3 months...then it may be trouble...

Is not there a 7% country limit? India can not get 40K visa in a year?

Eligible as per June's bulletin but delayed filing

My situation is even worst and I want to participate in the lawsuite if AILF going to file against USCIS.
I was eligible to file I485 as per June's Visa Bulletin. My EB3 (India) priority date is May 25th 2003 and cutoff was June 1st 2003.
I planned to file 485 by June 30th. But I had to wait until my Labor tgot certified (at Dallas BEC) on June 10th. Then medical examination stuff took a week.
When July's Visa Bulletin was released and all categories became Current, we thought there was no need to hurry because now we got until July 31st.
My attorney was busy too with all the July's cases and finally he sent package last friday (June 29th) and that will reach USCIS on July 2nd.
Now this news about revised visa bulletin is really a big shock for me. I just missed it by a day (after more than four years of waiting) even though there was a chance in June to file.
Bottom line is... July's bulletin gave me false information and the revised one is going to kill my hopes and dreams !!
We would have hurried and filed before June 30th if we knew it in advance.
FYI, I am currently on 10th year H1-B extension.
Thanks,
Sreekumar