July I-485 Applicants -- Urgent Message

Is not there a 7% country limit? India can not get 40K visa in a year?

I'm confused about this too. They keep saying they only have 40K visas left for the year, but the backlog at USCIS is more than 40K. But the vast majority of the the backlog is India and China applicants, so why are they predicting that ALL categories will retrogress? Why shouldn't worldwide numbers for EB2 and EB1 continue to remain current as they have the whole year? What a mess.

I'm confused about this too. They keep saying they only have 40K visas left for the year, but the backlog at USCIS is more than 40K. But the vast majority of the the backlog is India and China applicants, so why are they predicting that ALL categories will retrogress? Why shouldn't worldwide numbers for EB2 and EB1 continue to remain current as they have the whole year? What a mess.
Even with ROW countries alone the total pending is more than 40K.

Same situation here..

I am in the same situation. Can you please keep us updated on your case?

thanks...

My situation is even worst and I want to participate in the lawsuite if AILF going to file against USCIS.
I was eligible to file I485 as per June's Visa Bulletin. My EB3 (India) priority date is May 25th 2003 and cutoff was June 1st 2003.
I planned to file 485 by June 30th. But I had to wait until my Labor tgot certified (at Dallas BEC) on June 10th. Then medical examination stuff took a week.
When July's Visa Bulletin was released and all categories became Current, we thought there was no need to hurry because now we got until July 31st.
My attorney was busy too with all the July's cases and finally he sent package last friday (June 29th) and that will reach USCIS on July 2nd.
Now this news about revised visa bulletin is really a big shock for me. I just missed it by a day (after more than four years of waiting) even though there was a chance in June to file.
Bottom line is... July's bulletin gave me false information and the revised one is going to kill my hopes and dreams !!
We would have hurried and filed before June 30th if we knew it in advance.
FYI, I am currently on 10th year H1-B extension.
Thanks,
Sreekumar