July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Interview Experience at San Jose...

First of all, I want to thank everyone in this forum who helped me in one way or the other. Especially all of you who answered some of the questions I had - I am very grateful.

Now to the story about my interview experience today: My appointment was at 1:30PM but we arrived there at 1:05PM and we were called in like 5minutes later. The officer was very nice and he started off by making small talk about how deep my voice was when I answered him. This was as we walked down the hallway towards his office.
So we got to his office and he showed us to the chairs but asked us to remain standing for the oath. After the oath he started asking me what and how I will be doing to help with the cooking for thanksgiving. After that he reviewed all the biographic information we had filled in the forms and he was making notes on them while I answered. Then we went to the famous yes and no questions. The he reached for a stamp – I tried to make out what it said but I couldn’t. I thought it was something like ‘postponed’ or ‘repositioned’ or something (I really don’t know what that stamp said) but I was like I hope that damn namecheck was cleared. After that we started talking about soccer – he was a soccer fan just like me and we started talking about chances of some of the European teams for Euro 2008 and we discussed the results of today’s games. A minute later he asked my wife how and when we met which she answered. The next question he asked us what whether we were happy together. I answered that. And that basically were all questions he asked.

After that he said to my wife that if she could show him some documents we had together and he will approve my case. I took over because I was the one that arranged all the documents and know where each one was. He told me to relax and that everything was alright. I brought everything we had and he was gathering them together to make copies so I told him that I already had copies for him – he was glad to accept the copies. I had more documents than he really needed - he just told me that he’s got enough. He stapled them together and took my passport. I saw him reach for the stamp and bang! He stamped me passport for the temporary I-551. Started giving me small advice about job search and asked me to take care of my wife. All the time he was remarking about how beautiful my wife is. Finally he handed me my passport, congratulated me and told me to take my time to put my documents back into my briefcase. We had a photo album with about 50 photos or more but he never looked at any of them. Over all he was a very nice and friendly guy. I think they have a way to figure out genuine marriages in most cases and tend not to give those couples a lot of headache. We were done by 1:30PM and he walked us out again. Everything was over in less than 15 minutes. I am so happy.

For the rest of you out there yet to go for your interview, I will say prepare yourselves very well. I was very well organized. I had all my documents in 5 folders that I labeled properly with the contents on the cover. So when he asked for any document, I knew where it was and promptly handed it to him. He was impressed with that. I am not saying that will get your case approved but it will at least save the IO’s time and not frustrate him/her and also help keep you relaxed. I will remember the rest of you in my prayers. So long as your are real in your intentions, everything will work out fine.

Thank you everyone once again and like Austriacus will say….to be continued in 2009!!

Sk 28...congarts...I am so happy for YOu...and your story gives me hope that all of the interviews will be as easy as yours....wow

I checked timeframes for my DO and it seems that they are proccesing now February 2007 filers...buu...it means that my case will be on in...april??wow....i hope i am wrong!!

Which DO are you from? How are you checking the timelines for DO ?

First of all, I want to thank everyone in this forum who helped me in one way or the other. Especially all of you who answered some of the questions I had - I am very grateful.

Now to the story about my interview experience today: My appointment was at 1:30PM but we arrived there at 1:05PM and we were called in like 5minutes later. The officer was very nice and he started off by making small talk about how deep my voice was when I answered him. This was as we walked down the hallway towards his office.
So we got to his office and he showed us to the chairs but asked us to remain standing for the oath. After the oath he started asking me what and how I will be doing to help with the cooking for thanksgiving. After that he reviewed all the biographic information we had filled in the forms and he was making notes on them while I answered. Then we went to the famous yes and no questions. The he reached for a stamp – I tried to make out what it said but I couldn’t. I thought it was something like ‘postponed’ or ‘repositioned’ or something (I really don’t know what that stamp said) but I was like I hope that damn namecheck was cleared. After that we started talking about soccer – he was a soccer fan just like me and we started talking about chances of some of the European teams for Euro 2008 and we discussed the results of today’s games. A minute later he asked my wife how and when we met which she answered. The next question he asked us what whether we were happy together. I answered that. And that basically were all questions he asked.

After that he said to my wife that if she could show him some documents we had together and he will approve my case. I took over because I was the one that arranged all the documents and know where each one was. He told me to relax and that everything was alright. I brought everything we had and he was gathering them together to make copies so I told him that I already had copies for him – he was glad to accept the copies. I had more documents than he really needed - he just told me that he’s got enough. He stapled them together and took my passport. I saw him reach for the stamp and bang! He stamped me passport for the temporary I-551. Started giving me small advice about job search and asked me to take care of my wife. All the time he was remarking about how beautiful my wife is. Finally he handed me my passport, congratulated me and told me to take my time to put my documents back into my briefcase. We had a photo album with about 50 photos or more but he never looked at any of them. Over all he was a very nice and friendly guy. I think they have a way to figure out genuine marriages in most cases and tend not to give those couples a lot of headache. We were done by 1:30PM and he walked us out again. Everything was over in less than 15 minutes. I am so happy.

For the rest of you out there yet to go for your interview, I will say prepare yourselves very well. I was very well organized. I had all my documents in 5 folders that I labeled properly with the contents on the cover. So when he asked for any document, I knew where it was and promptly handed it to him. He was impressed with that. I am not saying that will get your case approved but it will at least save the IO’s time and not frustrate him/her and also help keep you relaxed. I will remember the rest of you in my prayers. So long as your are real in your intentions, everything will work out fine.

Thank you everyone once again and like Austriacus will say….to be continued in 2009!!
congrats man, that was fast and clear.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Congrats Danshikie. Finally a GC holder :)

Congratulations to both Sk8 and Danshikie, I am so glad that your interviews went smoothly and that your cases were approved, now you guys have something else to be thankful this holiday, by the way Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone in this forum! I'll pray for everyone who's interviews are coming up and for those still waiting for their IL. Congratulations again to both of you guys, have a wonderful life as a PR.

Which DO are you from? How are you checking the timelines for DO ?

my DO:Hartford...if you go online to check online status on your left side there is a tab "processing times"...you pick your DO and see what they are doing...I don't know how accurate it is so...I hope your DO is not as slow as mine:(

Guys big HUg for you...and have a wonderfull life now!!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
my DO:Hartford...if you go online to check online status on your left side there is a tab "processing times"...you pick your DO and see what they are doing...I don't know how accurate it is so...I hope your DO is not as slow as mine:(

Guys big HUg for you...and have a wonderfull life now!!!:)

Ever since i found this forum a year ago, i don't trust the accuracy of the processing times shown on the USCIS, right now it shows my DO is taking 6 months to process I485 and my interview is scheduled 4 months after my RD, when my husband applied for his citizenship on January it showed it was taking 6 months for N400, but I saw people in this forum getting their IL in 3-4 months while his took 7 months. I guess the processing times shown for your DO doesn't have to apply for your case. I hope your IL comes very soon.;)

Approved ??

Application Sent: July 25, 2007 RFE: 9/30/2007

Here is the message for my mother's application. What is the ADIT process? or is this a generic message for approval? Thanks.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 21, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever since i found this forum a year ago, i don't trust the accuracy of the processing times shown on the USCIS, right now it shows my DO is taking 6 months to process I485 and my interview is scheduled 4 months after my RD, when my husband applied for his citizenship on January it showed it was taking 6 months for N400, but I saw people in this forum getting their IL in 3-4 months while his took 7 months. I guess the processing times shown for your DO doesn't have to apply for your case. I hope your IL comes very soon.;)

yeah I hope you are right and i will get that damn letter soon;)))thanks for your good word..I really need it!!!:)):

Homealready....congrats:)

yeah I hope you are right and i will get that damn letter soon;)))thanks for your good word..I really need it!!!:)):

Homealready....congrats:)

Thanks Nikaa!! It's like moving from one worry to the next!! I can't remember what it was like before all this immigration stress!!

Quick Question: Anyone think it's a good idea to print out old e-mails to support the length of your relationship? for example, to take e-mails from 2004 between hubby and I?

Thanks Nikaa!! It's like moving from one worry to the next!! I can't remember what it was like before all this immigration stress!!

Quick Question: Anyone think it's a good idea to print out old e-mails to support the length of your relationship? for example, to take e-mails from 2004 between hubby and I?

yeah...it's not good feeling that's for sure!can't wait till it's over !!

i think it's good idea...i am planning on doing the same thing...it never hurts to have some extra weapons in the pocket;)heh

I think it is a good idea. I did the same even though the IO did not look at them. It is better to have as many materials to support your relationship as possible. I had emails and cards we exchanged since 2003 and even invitations to occasions for the two of you. I will suggest you take everything you can and let the IO chose or decide which ones he/she wants to take.

Received Welcome Letter

Got welcome letter for my mother. It says card will be mailed within 3 weeks. How much time does it take to get the card after the welcome letter? any idea?

Ok trini here it goes,

Ok, so I got married in 20.07.2007, we field I-130,I-485, and I-130 on 24 of July. I received my FP on the 09.05.2007, and my AP on the 23 of October. The interview happened today.

At 9:00 AM we left Birmingham, AL, arrived in Atlanta at 1:14PM( that is the time it was stamped on my I-797c) and set down and waited. There were about 30 people in the waiting area and I would say about 80% of people had lawyers with them. So we waited for 25 minutes (scheduled for 1:30PM) and a tall lady comes out and calls my name, we follow her to her office.

Asks us for ID ( we gave here my passport and my wife’s passport ) then she swears us in and ask us what are our names are, phone numbers, what is our address now and if we live together, where we were born, where we got married asks me about my nonimmigrant status ( I was on F-1 ). She asks me if I am a terrorist and if I am paining on marrying some one else in USA. Next, she asks for our papers with names on and I gave here rental agreement car docs credit card and checking account docs, she is looking at copies and says congratulations you are approved for PR, the card will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. The only original she wanted to see was our marriage license, no photos no questions about our weeding (we got married at courthouse). So this is my story, fast only 15 min and no complications.

Oh my wife is US citizen and I am a Slovenian citizen.

Wow!!! Did she ask about anything about your tax?....
Your answer will be appreciated..

Wow!!! Did she ask about anything about your tax?....
Your answer will be appreciated..

No nothing about my taxes, no questions about my wife’s either. All we sent in was a copy of W-2 and the copy of 1040, for the last year (2006).

I got a strange online case update for my mother. Here is the message.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On November 21, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

It is strange because we live in NewJersey and our District Office is Newark, NJ. They should transfer the case to either Newark or Vermont. Why California which is some three thousand miles away from where we live ? Anybody in the same situation ? Can anyone shed some light on this ?

I think it is a good sign because most family applications that do not require an interview, tend to be transferred to CSC and you will receive a letter from them after it is approved. A lot of GC applications for parents and EB applications requiring no interviews have gone the same route. I wouldn't really be worried if I were you.

Good for you

Same thing happened for my Mother's application November 6, 2007 - transfered to CSC. Everything Approved on November 21, 2007.

I got a strange online case update for my mother. Here is the message.

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On November 21, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

It is strange because we live in NewJersey and our District Office is Newark, NJ. They should transfer the case to either Newark or Vermont. Why California which is some three thousand miles away from where we live ? Anybody in the same situation ? Can anyone shed some light on this ?